What's new

India's Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric Could Push Bangladesh Towards China, Will New Delhi Change Course?

Yes we do have WDM3A's in service. However ours are only maybe five years old. I'm guessing they were refurbished ones from Patiala Refurbishment Factory. The 'old' retired ones will probably be refurbs as well but they will be Indian prototype and I'm guessing will have dynamic braking which Bangladeshi locomotive standards do not specify.

In India they use these to haul Passenger trains, which is rarely the case in Bangladesh. Only Freight consists in North Bengal areas.

Bangladeshi WDM3A Class 6500 (Serial 6514)
960px-Mango_Special.jpg

Indian WDM3A
49889664002_59e951c6fa_z.jpg
It does haul some of your high profile passenger trains. It is the most powerful engine BD Railways have as of now.

So what you call the BD medical arrivals we see in Bangalore? They are not BD people that live in BD?

Think I have not talked to them?...that we have not observed them at large? ...their whole families in tow and their mannerisms, demeanour and attitude?

They are very big spending non-kanjoos type?
Our one million tourists spend more money than the volume of our exports to India. About mannerism, they are not supposed to be polished like people from many developed countries where people are taught manners since the childhood. We are sub-continent people and people are not polished.

It does haul some of your high profile passenger trains. It is the most powerful engine BD Railways have as of now.

Dada - powerful or not, they don't employ old ramshackle looking locos in front of Passenger train consists (definitely not high profile ones), unless with a dire need. Usually these older locos are used for pulling goods trains.

Even our railway has an image to project.

Dada - powerful or not, they don't employ old ramshackle looking locos in front of Passenger train consists (definitely not high profile ones), unless with a dire need. Usually these older locos are used for pulling goods trains.

Even our railway has an image to project.
I don't say what i don't know. I am railway enthusiast and travelled in BD trains multiple times.
Till your high tech engines are coming, this will hail your some of the prestigious trains.
Do you know IR gives active support to the maintenance of your lines.

@Nilgiri , because of these bold words this section is the most trolled section of pdf.

I don't say what i don't know. I am railway enthusiast and travelled in BD trains multiple times.
Till your high tech engines are coming, this will hail your some of the prestigious trains.

@Nilgiri , because of these bold words this section is the most trolled section of pdf.

Dada - why go into dick measuring? Kheplen kano?

Not our fault your CLW and DLW can't make reliable copies of 50's era super simple locomotives.

Your Tutta dhoti is no better than our Fata Lungi - the difference is that we in Bangladesh don't claim to be Sanghi superpower and don't have people sitting by trackside in the morning showing backside and doing morning routine. Being Rail fan (I am one as well) you must have some idea. :-)

That type of thing is not happening in Bangladesh while it happens in India (especially in cities like Delhi and Mumbai) every day. :-)

And about WDM2 and WDM3 they are the 1960's copies of Alco Century series (export designation DL560C series for India) which is a simple, super simple, reliable-as-an-anvil US product which your factories managed to make cheap unreliable copies of over the years.

There are Locos supplied by Montreal Locomotive works and Alco USA itself in 1965 onward to Bangladesh which are largely surviving in Bangladesh, are preferred in service in our Railway and look way better than Indian supplied locos from less than ten years ago. Most Indian supplied locos don't last more than fifteen years in service here.

Take a look - these were supplied by US and Canada in the 1960's (BR classes 6000 and 6100). 17 out of 18 are still running.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Railway_Class_6000

Alco_in_Jessore.jpg

Should you ask why? And why your loco makers can only supply locos to a country like Bangladesh (and maybe one or two to Sri Lanka)? Why every country is unanimous about the bad quality of your products, and that you only supply your own market?

I think that soul searching needs to happen first (and corrective actions taken) instead of blaming customers - or making them feel like its a Godsend (shat rajar bhaggo) they are getting Indian products supplied.

We are customers - hence, deserve the right to compare and criticize. I'm sorry if you can't take objective criticism at face value.

And now you are tagging a known troll just to turn this thread into a slinging mudfest - instead of arguing with logic. @krash bhai please see this behavior.

Last edited:

Not our fault your CLW and DLW can't make reliable copies of 50's era super simple locomotives.

Your Tutta dhoti is no better than our Fata Lungi - the difference is that we in Bangladesh don't claim to be Sanghi superpower and don't have people sitting by trackside in the morning showing backside and doing morning routine. Being Rail fan (I am one as well) you must have some idea. :-)

That type of thing is not happening in Bangladesh while it happens in India (especially in cities like Delhi and Mumbai) every day. :-)

And about WDM2 and WDM3 they are the 1960's copies of Alco Century series (export designation DL560C series for India) which is a simple, super simple, reliable-as-an-anvil US product which your factories managed to make cheap unreliable copies of over the years.

There are Locos supplied by Montreal Locomotive works and Alco USA itself in 1965 onward to Bangladesh which are largely surviving in Bangladesh, are preferred in service in our Railway and look way better than Indian supplied locos from less than ten years ago. Most Indian supplied locos don't last more than fifteen years in service here.

Take a look - these were supplied by US and Canada in the 1960's (BR classes 6000 and 6100). 17 out of 18 are still running.

Alco_in_Jessore.jpg

Should you ask why? And why your loco makers can only supply locos to a country like Bangladesh (and maybe one or two to Sri Lanka)? Why every country is unanimous about the bad quality of your products, and that you only supply your own market?

I think that soul searching needs to happen first (and corrective actions taken) instead of blaming customers - or making them feel like its a Godsend (shat rajar bhaggo) they are getting Indian products supplied.

We are customers - hence, deserve the right to compare and criticize. I'm sorry if you can't take objective criticism at face value.

And now you are tagging a known troll just to turn this thread into a slinging mudfest - instead of arguing with logic. @krash bhai please see this behavior.

Made me laugh.

Analyse, Deconstruct, Isolate, Pressurise and Disintegrate!

Our Amanat Shah Lungi is better than any Dhoti on Earth :enjoy:, specifically designed for ease of access and serves to keep ones endowment cool and calm.

Ready for action.:chilli:

Last edited:

Please man, dont care about this too much. Have you looked at the graph I posted?

100+ times less passenger-km. Population ratios are what exactly? Land areas are what exactly? That says more than enough on what railways even means from the onset. Everything else becomes mute much more irrelevant point as result.

I guess it could create 100 times the drama to compensate in CGI-addled heads.

They spew 100 times the venom when they saw Sydney subway import trainsets from India too. Some people can't be changed. Just move on, you are in Best Bengal...its not just West.

Made me laugh.

Our Amanat Shah Lungi is better than any Dhoti on Earth :enjoy:, specifically designed for ease of access and serves to keep ones endowment cool and calm.

Bhai you're too kind with your praise.

Indians make some good ads for Lungis, but the best Lungis come from Bangladesh. Amanat Shah Lungi FTW!! :cheers::taz:

Made me laugh.

I believe you guys are forgetting about your heritage.
I can point multiple famous personal from BD carrying dhoti gracefully.
Anyway it's not a curse wearing a lungi as well.

Alco_in_Jessore.jpg

I already wished you good luck for the hi tech engines you are buying from UK and SK.
Again I will say I know what I am writing.
Let me retratiate my points
1. 6500 class is the most powerful engines you have as of now.
2. It hauls some of the powerful passenger trains.
3. This was given by IR to BR free of cost as admitted by your officials.

You are only trolling when you say Even our railway has an image to project.

Yes the Indian built locomotives (6500) are far better than the 6000 class.
For your information both are designed by ALCO, 6500 is based on DL560 of ALCO with local modification.
Your one from 1965, ours 1993

Last edited:
I believe you guys are forgetting about your heritage.
I can point multiple famous personal from BD carrying dhoti gracefully.
Anyway it's not a curse wearing a lungi as well.

I already wished you good luck for the hi tech engines you are buying from UK and SK.
Again I will say I know what I am writing.
Let me retratiate my points
1. 6500 class is the most powerful engines you have as of now.
2. It hauls some of the powerful passenger trains.
3. This was given by IR to BR free of cost as admitted by your officials.

You are only trolling when you say Even our railway has an image to project.

Yes the Indian built locomotives (6500) are far better than the 6000 class.
For your information both are designed by ALCO, 6500 is based on DL560 of ALCO with local modification.
Your one from 1965, ours 1993

Bujhlam na dada. I did not get your logic. American loco built in 1965 still running today and just as reliable. Indian WDM 2 & 3 supplied ten years ago (or less) constantly breaking down, and BR limits their use mostly to freight trains (this is public statement). So how are Indian locos better than American ones? :lol:

An Indian copy better than American original? Because of improved Indian technology? Hashailen.:D

WDM2 was the first Indian copy made from Alco supplied DL560C. No significant feature has changed since then to the powertrain or layout except maybe electronics additions. It is essentially a 1962 Vintage design. BTW, Alco was sold to the Worthington Corporation and went out of business in 1969. No ToT could be extended to India after that.

Amra mukkhu shukkhu manush - do enlighten us...

In the final sense, doesn't really matter as BR has decided to retire Indian locos anyway, after they get Korean and US ones.

Last edited:

I have seen many/most people in Bangladesh are ungrateful in character. The issue here was if the locomotives were bought with money or given free of cost. I have reasons to believe for about two years it will be used and it is not really a grant. However, i will not be surprised if the Engines are given on grant, as well.

We also have given many things to India as grant. When the Palatana hydro-electric power station was being built in Tripura, the GoB earth filled a segment of Feni (?) river in the winter in order for Indian long trailers to pass over it with heavy machines for Palatana, which was criticized throughout the country. But, I did not see any Indian who did not acknowledge our contribution and quarreled here in the PDF.

But, when we are receiving 20 very strong locomotives from India some idiot @Billu Mia claims the Engine quality is very low, this and that. It is unacceptable. If not good quality, just reject them. Why to accept a thing almost free and then criticize its quality when the donor contributes them in a time of our need?

This is a typical Bangladeshi ingrate character who would go to a wedding party only to criticize the food after eating full stomach in a short time as if there is no meal tomorrow, I suggest people to be grateful to any country that donates us because we are just intellectually incapable to build those by ourselves.

Getting donations from others has become our only way of progress and development. Not that bad for a big talking people.

Last edited:
I have seen many/most people in Bangladesh are ungrateful in character. The issue here was if the locomotives were bought with money or given free of cost. I have reasons to believe for about two years it will be used and it is not really a grant. However, i will not be surprised if the Engines are given on grant, as well.

We also have given many things to India as grant. When the Palatana hydro-electric power station was being built in Tripura, the GoB earth filled a segment of Feni (?) river in the winter in order for Indian long trailers to pass over it with heavy machines for Palatana, which was criticized throughout the country. But, I did not see any Indian who did not acknowledge our contribution and quarreled here in the PDF.

But, when we are receiving 20 very strong locomotives from India some idiot @Billu Mia claims the Engine quality is very low, this and that. It is unacceptable. If not good quality, just reject them. Why to accept a thing almost free and then criticize its quality when the donor contributes them in a time of our need?

This is a typical Bangladeshi ingrate character who would go to a wedding party only to criticize the food after eating full stomach in a short time as if suffering from hunger. I suggest people to be grateful to any country that donates us because we are just intellectually incapable to build those by ourselves.

Getting donations from others is our only way of progress and development.

It was 10 and was in reserve. If I am not mistaken India has surplus locomotives at the moment and from that stock India has provided to Bangladesh.

However after digging a bit into the news it appears these 10 locomotives granted as free. But there is a catch. Most of it will be used for transit purpose to carry Indian goods and passengers from East to west of Bangladesh.

It appears Bangladesh may buy more locomotives from India to carry Indian goods.

Source:https://www.thedailystar.net/bangla/শীর্ষ-খবর/ভারতের-১০টি-লোকোমোটিভ-পেল-বাংলাদেশ-রেলওয়ে-164517

“রেলপথ মন্ত্রী বলেন, ‘যাত্রীবাহী ট্রেনের চাহিদা বৃদ্ধির কারণে নতুন কিছু কোচ আমদানি করা হয়েছে। পাশাপাশি ভারতীয় পণ্য পরিবহনের জন্য ভারত থেকে লোকোমোটিভ আনার বিষয়ে চিন্তা-ভাবনা করা হয়। ২০১৯ সালের আগস্টে সরকারিভাবে ভারত সফরের সময় উভয় দেশের মধ্যে ব্যবসা-বাণিজ্য বৃদ্ধিতে লোকোমোটিভ সরবরাহের বিষয়ে আলোচনা হয়। এ ছাড়া, একই বছরের অক্টোবরে দুই দেশের প্রধানমন্ত্রীর মধ্যে যৌথ বিবৃতির (প্যারা ২৭) আলোকে ভারতীয় রেলওয়ে বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়েকে ১০টি লোকোমোটিভ অনুদান হিসেবে দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত গ্রহণ করে।’”

It was 10 and was in reserve. If I am not mistaken India has surplus locomotives at the moment and from that stock India has provided to Bangladesh.
It is natural that a country with excess goods is able to supply the excesses to other countries. Note that BD is unable to produce even this 1.5IR locomotives, so, it cannot sell or supply this item to any country. BD produces textiles and so it can supply the world with excesses.
It appears Bangladesh may buy more locomotives from India to carry Indian goods.
I do not think it is that plausible to make train schedule in a way that only Indian Engines would transport Indian goods. So, I understand that BR has shortage of Engines and India wants BR to carry its west-east transportation, but BD cites the shortage and India agrees to supply from its surplus stock of engines.
“রেলপথ মন্ত্রী বলেন, ‘যাত্রীবাহী ট্রেনের চাহিদা বৃদ্ধির কারণে নতুন কিছু কোচ আমদানি করা হয়েছে। পাশাপাশি ভারতীয় পণ্য পরিবহনের জন্য ভারত থেকে লোকোমোটিভ আনার বিষয়ে চিন্তা-ভাবনা করা হয়। ২০১৯ সালের আগস্টে সরকারিভাবে ভারত সফরের সময় উভয় দেশের মধ্যে ব্যবসা-বাণিজ্য বৃদ্ধিতে লোকোমোটিভ সরবরাহের বিষয়ে আলোচনা হয়। এ ছাড়া, একই বছরের অক্টোবরে দুই দেশের প্রধানমন্ত্রীর মধ্যে যৌথ বিবৃতির (প্যারা ২৭) আলোকে ভারতীয় রেলওয়ে বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়েকে ১০টি লোকোমোটিভ অনুদান হিসেবে দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত গ্রহণ করে।’”
By reading the account, I believe when BD's domestic and India's west east transportation are added together, the number of Engines BR has is insufficient to do both works simultaneously. So, BD and India signed a mutually beneficial agreement that BR will receive IR Engines and will transport Indian goods.

However, BR will receive a transport fee unless it is not clearly written on the contrary in the Agreement.

Small correction

India's Anti-ILLEGAL Immigrant.

and illegal trade at border mainly cow smuggling is also big issue.

Small correction

India's Anti-ILLEGAL Immigrant.

and illegal trade at border mainly cow smuggling is also big issue.

Thank you for your Sanghi perspective. Time's up for the dirty shared laptop at the Shakha.

Ghar janega time a gaya. One skinny chapati, runny Dahl and one onion waiting for you as dinner for 'dreamers'.

Back
Top Bottom