What's new

INDIA'S ANTHEM THE BEST IN THE WORLD -UNESCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
we was speaking sanskrit.... uncle says sanskrit our mother language... but hindi is todays language... uncle sanskrit teacher.... :)

yes true,sanskrit is the mother of all indian languages except dravidian..........also the bengalis in particular till today have great addiction towards poetry and songs,so no surprise it came from this part of india.......btw,WE ARE INDIANS FIRST SO LANGUAGE,RELIGION,OR ETHNIC BACKGROUND DIFFERENCE IN CERTAIN MATTERS DONT BOTHER US!

I heard from somewhere onve that your vande matram was written by Allama Iqbal............Is it true??

I heard from somewhere onve that your vande matram was written by Allama Iqbal............Is it true??

Vande Mataram was written by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay! But Allama Iqbal wrote "Sare Jahan se accha Hindusitan hamara......."! Great man great song!:agree:

I love my national anthem; but I am sure every citizen in the world - Pakistani, Chinese, American or Nauruan - consider their anthems to be the best in the world. Fair play.

Personally I like the play, the poignant and bitter satire, on Iqbal's anthem in the movie, Phir Subah Hogi.

Saare Jahaan se acha Hindustan hamara

The song in the movie changes it to:

Cheen-o-arab hamara, hindustan hamara
Rehne ko ghar nahin hai, sara jahan hamara!

BTW, the story quoted in this thread is fake.

well...i couldn't care less whether our anthem was voted as the best or not...It doesn't matter either way.
i noticed the curiosity of some pakistanis...here is some more trivia...the guy who wrote our anthm + national song...is Pt. Ravindranath Tagore...a gifted bengali and a nobel laureate...he also wrote Bangladesh's national anthem..."Amar shonar Bangla"

Guys this news is a hoax. I received this email months back and later it was proven that it was a fake news. UNESCO website doesn't report anything and I don't think they rate National Anthems either! So, chill!

Reactions: Neo
Good news to all of us. :bounce:

UNESCO announces INDIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM as the
BEST National Anthem in the World. :victory::victory:

best-national-anthem.jpg

Details and criteria for judging the national anthems of the world and more importantly the source plz.?

may i ask what is the reason for this decision?

This is a stupid fake email that has been doing the rounds for years.
No one has been able to produce a source. It is not mentioned on the UNESCO website, but people still insist that India has "won"

How can UNESCO judge any anthem as the best?
Besides being a subjective assessment, it would obviously piss off the "losing" countries and no international organisation would create a controversy for itself by undertaking such a foolhardy exercise.

Forget what UNESCO says but its a beautiful song as well.

The following is Rabindranath Tagore's English rendering of the anthem:

"Thou art the ruler of the minds of all people,
Dispenser of India's destiny.
Thy name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sind,
Gujarat and Maratha,
Of the Dravida and Orissa and Bengal;
It echoes in the hills of the Vindhyas and Himalayas,
mingles in the music of Jamuna and Ganges and is
chanted by the waves of the Indian Sea.
They pray for thy blessings and sing thy praise.
The saving of all people waits in thy hand,
Thou dispenser of India's destiny.
Victory, victory, victory to thee."

Jai Hind.

Amusing. I don't know why UNESCO would waste its time declaring national anthems as good or bad.

Now regarding the meaning of your national anthem, which ruler is this anthem exactly praising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom