What's new

India's 10,000 km Agni-VI missile to be ready by mid 2014

I think the ambitions of India are quite high . Today we can hit 70% of europe and the whole of Asia . :tup:
But i think we should develop hitech icbm's slowly and steadily rather than creating a pannic in the west .

I think the ambitions of India are quite high . Today we can hit 70% of europe and the whole of Asia . :tup:
But i think we should develop hitech icbm's slowly and steadily rather than creating a pannic in the west .
..I second that...
We should be little more discreet in 'announcing' this to the world...but who can stop 'tabloids' and 'sources' from venting from the wrong side,,,
We should go the way we went for Arihant/Shourya...
K-4 should be next, followed by Nirbhay

why? It can be a entry ticket to UNSC :) since all the permanent members have ICBM of range more than 10k.

Having ICBM is not really a criteria being a permanent UNSC member, please show me if there is any condition for that.Strong economy and potent military is.

We already have 7000-8000kms A-5, all we need is SLBM having 6000kms range.

Having ICBM is not really a criteria being a permanent UNSC member, please show me if there is any condition for that.Strong economy and potent military is.

We already have 7000-8000kms A-5, all we need is SLBM having 6000kms range.

It will be our way of saying that either give us UNSC permanent seat or our missiles can reach UNO building also :rofl::rofl:

It will be our way of saying that either give us UNSC permanent seat or our missiles can reach UNO building also :rofl::rofl:

If India has to ask to get join UNSC as a permanent member, then India is not ready. If India is ready, UNSC would invite India to join. but first and foremost, India might be replace by Indonesia in BRIC. So first, get the economy going before asking too much.

If India has to ask to get join UNSC as a permanent member, then India is not ready. If India is ready, UNSC would invite India to join. but first and foremost, India might be replace by Indonesia in BRIC. So first, get the economy going before asking too much.

If you indeed Taiwanese, you were kicked out of UN, leave alone UNSC. So, keep your mouth shut and weep on your lone island.

Yawnnnnn!!!!!!!

Thats what best describes your reply. Now take a second nap.

UNSC seat will come all by itself in next couple of years. We dont have to beg. We even donated one to China long back.

If India can grow at atleast 8% for the next couple of years and raise its military influence, the dothis will shiver where they supposed to be.

Just concentrate on capability building at this moment. Increase the range of strategic missiles and improve the deterrence and change the strike posture.

Good bye to NFU(no first use). And announcement of complete annihilation of the initiating aggressor instead of a mere deterrence posture.

India needs a major modification of its nuclear doctrine. Like I said, no more NFU.

Increase the number of mated and ready to fire nuclear warheads.
Build atleast 5 SSBN`s with a min of 12 launch modules capable of firing K-IV/VI SLBMs. MIRV all long range missiles.
Buy more Tu-22M and extend the reach of air launched CM.( this alone will bring someone next door quietly to the negotiating table all by themselves)

This the best that can be done quickly in the next 2 years time frame.

In the long term say 10 years,

Start parallel development of desi bomber based on enlarged FGFA or manned bomber version of AURA.

Fast track the development and realisation of AURA, then start a parallel project for the development of next gen bomber based on data from AURA.

By then Kaveri2 with 100KN will be available, so even having 4 Kaveri engines for the bomber version is not a big deal.

UNSC without India in the 21st century is just a joke and can be witnessed by the current world situation where as many aggressions took place and big ones bullying tiny ones.

Report has some credibility issues
Some things don't add up " length of the missile would be reportedly around 40 meters " then how can it be launched from a submarine and other mobile platform

By the way a nation having PSLV and capability to reach moon already possess capability to deliver the bombs to any corner of the earth. Only factors that needs to be optimized are accuracy and cost

No Yaar, Even i dreamt of that 2 to 3 years ago(During Chandrayaan rocket testing)...Once i was in a testing facility of ISRO in TN, They confirmed me that its different technology for space and terrain. So far reaching in space may not exactly match with land missiles. However technology sharing happens between ISRO and DRDO.And that helps!!!

damn good news.though i think 8000km SLBM and Land based BM is more than a deterrent.we don't need a 10000 km missile for show off.

waiting for k4 it serves best second strike capability against our neighbour.

we shud stop worrying about other countries, only our enemies will feel the heat of our Agni.

seeing how huge their 5000 km missile. this one will be 25 m diameter and 400 m in length.. :lol:

Not as huge as this.
df-5.jpg

IMHO, the capping range of the land-based ICBM should be 20000km(covering almost entire earth from either side)........;)

Back
Top Bottom