What's new

Indians Want 1500 Anti-Material Rifles

IA does badly need sniper rifles and anti-material rifles!! All they currently have are DMRs. Pakistan has much longer range sniper rifles and routinely takes out IA soldiers on LOC; and IA can barely retaliate at those long ranges!! It's a pity that IA has sat on such operational deficiencies for such a long time!!!
Not an expert here, but a simple check - its all down to the user and training No??,

Ie. the longer shot currently is by a british soldier using a rifle that has a less effective range than the previous record holder ie the Canadian

Not an expert here, but a simple check - its all down to the user and training No??,

Ie. the longer shot currently is by a british soldier using a rifle that has a less effective range than the previous record holder ie the Canadian
Every bullet's actual range is 4 to 5 times the stated range; which means a bullet from AK47 can travel beyond 1500 m even though its effective range is quoted as 400 m i.e. beyond 400m accuracy diminishes drastically.
IA's dragunov rifles have an effective range of about 800m (even though the bullet can travel much longer distance with lowered accuracy) - not really a sniper rifle, but DMR at best!

Pakistan has Barrett M82s which provide an effective range of 1,800 m!!! More than double the range of Indian sniper rifles!!! In fact Pakistan also uses Istiglal anti-material rifles that have a range of more than 3000 m.

Just to drive home the point on how backward IA has been in procuring good sniper rifles - several city police forces in India (mumbai police etc.) now have Barrett M82 sniper rifles!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

What the hell is this thing meant for, blowing up planets??

Every bullet's actual range is 4 to 5 times the stated range; which means a bullet from AK47 can travel beyond 1500 m even though its effective range is quoted as 400 m i.e. beyond 400m accuracy diminishes drastically.
IA's dragunov rifles have an effective range of about 800m (even though the bullet can travel much longer distance with lowered accuracy) - not really a sniper rifle, but DMR at best!

Pakistan has Barrett M82s which provide an effective range of 1,800 m!!! More than double the range of Indian sniper rifles!!! In fact Pakistan also uses Istiglal anti-material rifles that have a range of more than 3000 m.

Just to drive home the point on how backward IA has been in procuring good sniper rifles - several city police forces in India (mumbai police etc.) now have Barrett M82 sniper rifles!!!
Effective range of the Denel Rifle?

Also isn't the round used (type) to fire, should be taken into consideration to get the range no?

Effective range of the Denel Rifle?

Also isn't the round used (type) to fire, should be taken into consideration to get the range no?
Yes, Denel NTW-20 (and Vidwansak) are multi-caliber rifles, their range varies from 1,300m to 2,400m depending on the caliber of the barrel/bullet used.

But the other rifles I mentioned are all single calibered.

Probably a variant of the Azerbaijan's Istiglal.

Last edited:
Any our enemy #1 is using this,and planning to buy more. But for Indian army vidhwamsak is too heavy,I think our army personals are fed by baby food.

Any our enemy #1 is using this,and planning to buy more. But for Indian army vidhwamsak is too heavy,I think our army personals are fed by baby food.

I made a mistake earlier thinking that the anti-material rifle in the pic was Istiglal, it's actually Anzio (US made; 4500m range!). Pakistan does not possess this one, but does have Istiglal, which is similar to Anzio (Istiglal has a range of 3000+ m).

But the actual sniping action done by PA probably uses Barrett M82 (1800+ m range), which is also used by Mumbai police (Force One) and NSG, but didn't find its way into IA!!!

Back
Top Bottom