What's new

Indians still copying Pakistani songs and selling as their own

seriously.. someone should sue these copycats....They ruin the name of a great country...There are some composers and movie directors,who copy so blatantly that it makes my hair stand...

A few movies which I believe pure copies of other movies--

1.Ghazni---An A to Z copy of the famous movie Memento.I started hating Aamir Khan after that.Never thought even in my wildest dreams that he will do a cheap trick like that.

2.Bichho---A very cheap copy of the famous movie named "The Professional" aka "Leon" by the famous director Luc Besson.Utterly disgusting.Bobby Deol didn't go anywhere near to Jean Reno in acting quality.

3.Qayamat---Hollywood rip off from The Rock.The director should be hanged till death,revived by some magical power,then shot, again revived my some magical power and then drowned in the Lake of Powai for trying to copy that famous movie starring Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery.

Sometimes I get utterly disgusted with the kind of movies that come out of Bollywood grindhouse.It seems that they just can't get over the melodrama part.A guy with a six pack,an innocent looking young girl in constantly under the threat of a pure evil villain,a few highly unexpected songs where the girl and the boy keep kicking around holding each other's hands and a few hot raunchy item numbers...and voila!!! you have got a movie which is a box office hit and a success in terms of business.

I mean,WTF?????

Oh well,there are some good movies as well,not too many though.I liked the Munnabhai series.I cannot really say that I am a fan of Shahrukh Khan,but I liked Swades:We the People.That was really an awesome movie and I really never thought that the Indian Film Industry can do a thing like that.I also liked Dil Chahta Hai by Aamir Khan.

Is it mandatory to be always Original in the entertainment business.

Copied or not if its meant for the entertainment of the public it has to be appreciated.

while i agree that qayamat and bicchoo were blatant copies, i have to disagree in the case of ghajni.

ghajni did take the idea of a person with a short term memory who uses tattoos to remember things, the treatment of the theme is entirely different. ghajni was a definitely bollywood movie. it was full of love story and revenge etc. it did not look upon the more serious philosophical areas on which memento had concentrated so much.

even i dont like most of the movies that are produced by bollywood. most have to be watched at 3x to be bearable. but occasionally some gems too come out like "a wednesday" and "lagaan".

sorry for going so far off topic

lol Atif Aslam waqai bara average sa singer hai Pakistan ka. Sochne ki baat yeh hai ke iss average banday ne Abhijeet ki chuti kardi hai toh Abhijeet ka level kya hoga? :D

Yah, some people have no idea that when and how they undermine themselves by themselves. Abhijeet is one of them.

Copied or not if its meant for the entertainment of the public it has to be appreciated.

If it is not,it must be made mandatory, and whether mandatory or not it surely is against professional ethics.
if some body is borrowing or inspired by someone else work the creator of original source must be credited mentioning the name and if necessary should be paid accordingly.

It is not a necessary criteria unless you are violating some IPR.We have seen famous Western directors copy others' ideas as well.An example:

The famous director Sergio Leone(The director of "The Good,the Bad and the Ugly"),copied the movie named "Yojimbo"(means "The Bodyguard") by the famous Japanese director Akira Kurosawa and made a movie named "A Fistful of Dollars" starring Clint Eastwood.
Now it was good entertainment ofcourse.But one needs to understand that movies are actually creations of art.So,when it comes to art and creation,someone is bound to ask the question, "Where the hell is the creativity????"

I am not saying that Indian directors and actors cannot do something creative and I have given a few good examples before.But,majority of the movies seem to be far far away from reality.Someone does a song sequence in the coasts of New Zealand ,while someone else does action sequences in Bangkok.Now I am not totally against movies like these.But I tend to feel something is terribly wrong when such movies become a general trend..

Most of the movies are such only,a cocktail of a little bit of action,a little bit of comedy, a little bit of romance and then they live happily ever after.

Sometimes these directors should try thinking about the people and the country they live in,and try shooting pictures apart from malls and gardens and well maintained beaches that stand in sharp contrast with many of the regions of our country.....For God's sake,the naxalites are presently the biggest threat to our nation.Has anybody thought about making a film on that issue,just to draw more attention to it???

I think some second rate musicians copied some stuff from all over, it was especially happening in the decades of 80s and 90s when Bollywood mostly had second rate musicians bereft of originality. Most of these people got a bad reputation and came to be known as chors.

Compared to the massive piracy of Indian movies in Pakistan, it is not even a small fraction but Bollywood should shun these cheaters. Same way India should enforce that Pakistanis don't watch Indian movies without paying the due (and not to pirates and smugglers).

Ok some songs are copied. So what, Indian cant write and compose better.

India is far ahead in Music, ask your singers about it.
Seriously speaking i am going to pretend that you didn't say that. What genre of music are you talking about when you say that India is ahead in music? if you are talking about this "bollywood filmy" kind of music then it's true which is only indigenous to india, other than that India has long way to travel in POP & ROCK. on the other hand our rock & pop music has been in existence for 3 decades. i am not not trying to downplay your music industry but just stating the facts, below here is a song by pakistani pop/rock band, this song was released in late 80's just listen to the music don't focus on poetry or lyrics & tell me who in India in 2010 produce music like that
vital signs yeh sham from 80's most beautiful pop song

some indian songs from 80's

please watch without being biased & tell me which music is better

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.. fair enough.. We copy all Pakistani songs as you guys say.. But tell me one things.. All your Singers learn "Hindustani Classical" or folk.. (both North Indian music style).. aren't they copying Indians for the same??

Nobody owns copyrights of folk music,and classical music.So for use of folk tunes,i would not call it plagiarism.But yes,where original music compositions are lifted without giving credit and compensation this is totally wrong.But what we fail to realise is that Borders notwithstanding our music has come together once again.In the future there will be only collaboration.Indian industry is very welcoming to pakistani artists,and once they find that there is a legal option to lifting tunes,i am sure people will not need to do so.When we are listening to the same stuff and seeing the same movies,can anybody escape detection?I guess not.I for one am very happy to have a different set of talented musicians,who enrich the music scene so much.And i want them to get credit for their talent.

This one is a verbatim copy (even the music) of an old Pakistani song sung by Ahmed Rushdi. Unfortunately I cannot find the original Pakistani version. All I can find is the slightly different Mehdi Hasan version from the same movie. (It was quite common to have two or three versions of the same song in a movie...)

As with most of the old Pakistani songs, this one also has beautiful lyrics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.. fair enough.. We copy all Pakistani songs as you guys say.. But tell me one things.. All your Singers learn "Hindustani Classical" or folk.. (both North Indian music style).. aren't they copying Indians for the same??

:woot: why dont you take it to next level and claim that Muslims learning Hindu art (classical) thus copying it :lol:

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom