What's new

Indians never win

Super power Indians can not win one gold medal?

Shame. After having the second highest population on Earth, and talking all of that supa powa nonsense, you have been put in your place once again.

Have some shame dude...

So what medals has India won and in what sports?

431046_405540316172081_1701235904_n.jpg

HULKa Kumar :)

Oh I just looked it up.

I suppose two silvers equal one gold.

So freaking annoying when we see hopeless loser in Pakistan drooling over a cricket bat. Is it the same case in India?
I've seen people who can barely hold a bat dreaming to be the next afridi and wasting their lives being fielder(like the fat kid is always goalie in footbal, the weak kid is always fielder in cricket)
I think cricket should be banned, so embarrassing how we lost in our national game

Shame. After having the second highest population on Earth, and talking all of that supa powa nonsense, you have been put in your place once again.
And shame on you that inspite of being 6th most populated country and a self proclaimed Islamic only Nuclear Super power you were not even able to put your name in Olympic Medal Telly....

Another miserable Olympics for India

The headline in India’s Mail Today this week summed up neatly the frustration many Indians feel about their country’s somewhat flaccid Olympic campaign: “Our mediocrity is there for all to see”.

A nation of 1.2bn people and between them they have mustered a measly five medals: one silver and four bronze. Even Grenada (population 110,000) managed a gold. At one point the 27-year-old Michael Phelps had won more Olympic metal in his short career than India had in more than 100 years of participation.

To make matters worse, China, India’s great rival in the race to become a future superpower, is in the top two in the medal table.
Hopes were high when the 83-strong India team landed at Heathrow two weeks ago. “Watch out! India is ready to make its mark in London” yelled the cover of The Week, an Indian magazine. There seemed genuine belief that the millions invested in Indian sporting talent by Britain’s richest man, expat Lakshmi Mittal, could finally bear fruit.

Before the Games opened, Indians enjoyed pouring scorn on the organisational skills of their colonial rivals. “Another blooper” said the Times of India following the furore over empty seating, a pleasing example of Indians clinging on to vocabulary most “Britishers” left behind in the Raj.

The Indian archers were unhappy with their digs and particularly the indignity of sharing a toilet between six.
S Kannan, Mail Today’s ponytailed “Reporter at Large”, reported back on strange British customs such as not drinking and driving and the difficulty in obtaining an over-the-counter blood sugar test when you’ve eaten too much cake (middle class Indians can be dreadful hypochondriacs).

Meanwhile, Sports Minister Ajay Maken boasted on Twitter that “everyone” he had spoken to rated the Commonwealth Games village in Delhi better than its London counterpart. India has apparently forgotten what most others remember about the 2010 Delhi games: the collapsed bridge, the mass food poisoning, the Scottish team declaring their accommodation “unfit for human habitation”.

No matter. The schadenfreude turned to disappointment on day one when the much-hyped Indian archers withered under pressure.
Like many of the Indian losers, Jayanta Talukdar said his team had not received the necessary support. “We need a psychologist and a physiotherapist urgently to enhance our confidence as well as mental toughness to face the level of competition in Olympics,” he said, after misfiring his arrows and crashing out in the opening round.

India’s sole swimmer, Adaveeshaiah Gagan Ullalmath, had a shocker in the 1500m, finishing more than 40 seconds slower than his nearest rival. He didn’t have the best preparation: according to one report, he had done much of his training at a cloudy public pool in Bangalore “filled with toddlers in rubber rings and dive-bombing teenagers”.

At least he made it to London – unlike any Indian cyclists. Despite Delhi building a state-of-the-art £17mn velodrome for the 2010 Commonwealth Games, its doors have been closed ever since. “We had 30-odd riders in 2008. The number has come down to a handful today as most of them have switched to road racing,” said Parmod Sharma, an official of the Delhi cycling association.
No wonder India’s four medallists have been celebrated as if they had won gold. Boxer Mary Kom won a bronze by default after being beaten by Nicola Adams from Britain in the semi-final on Wednesday night, but the mother of five-year-old twins was still “Magnificent Mary” to all the headline writers.

“Our medallists have done us proud during these Olympic Games. I hope their achievements will spur a new generation of sportspeople,” was the Twitter verdict of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

Others poked fun at India’s lacklustre performance, circulating a poster showing Phelps and the Chinese Olympic squad draped in their medals, juxtaposed with Indians weighed down with blingy jewellery. “We have more gold!” says the caption.
For journalist Sourish Bhattacharyya, India’s lack of ambition is a national tragedy. “It was almost comical to see the country erupt into celebration when Saina Nehwal got her badminton bronze,” he wrote, grumbling that while the rest of the world gunned for gold, his compatriots seemed happy to settle for the lowest step on the podium.

Some had higher ambitions, though: notably the father of Gagan Narang, the portly shooter who won India’s first medal this year (a bronze).
Demonstrating the tough love Indian parents are famed for the world over, he said of his son’s achievement: “It’s a good achievement, although we expected a gold.”
No one had a kind word to say about the national hockey team, who have lost every match. Hockey used to be India’s saving grace – 11 of the 22 medals the country has won at the Olympics have been in hockey – but at London they performed the worst since 1920.
“This team doesn’t deserve to be at the Olympics. They have let the whole nation down,” said former player Mohamed Shahid.
Happily, though, India this week won what matters most: on Tuesday they beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs in the T20.- Guardian News & Media

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Opinion

guys.. dont fret.. its about the money spent. the chinese whip their kids from when they are 3 yrs old to get medals.so it s less about raw talent than about money.india being a democracy just chosses what she wants. at the mo she wants cricket and thats why we do so well at it. tomorrow if we set our sights on olympics china will be dust till then lets wait.

Try get one gold medal first then we will believe you can put china to dust

islmic pak cant even even 1 medal despite being 5th largest in the world in pop?

Oh I just looked it up.

I suppose two silvers equal one gold.

now is that pak logic or isl logic.. you had similar math in 65 where 10 ind = 1 pakistani and look what happened

islmic pak cant even even 1 medal despite being 5th largest in the world in pop?

now is that pak logic or isl logic.. you had similar math in 65 where 10 ind = 1 pakistani and look what happened

We either go for gold or nothing at all.

Little consolation medals like bronze wouldn't make me want to chest thump. :drag:

Sometimes I really get surprised that despite the Pakistanis being so called racially superior to the Hindus and they being of a martial stock and what not why not a single medal!!?And that too for a country with an ever swelling Nuclear arsenal!!My dear Pakistani friends let me put it this way:North Korea is a country that is largely viewed as a country with an oppressive and corrupt regime being in control of all the affairs. . . .They do not have the capacity to build a missile or send its satellites to space.Their Per capita GDP is lower than India and unofficially they are a corrupt country with a low HDI.Now despite all these setbacks they have managed to win 4 Golds in London!!What do my Pakistani friends suppose is the reason for that.It depends upon the people of the country,the kind of mindset that the people have got.In India most parents encourage their kids to pursue academics since there is a greater opportunity in that field although sports is picking up pace pretty rapidly and maybe 20 years from now our Pakistani mates would not be left with any other alibi to taunt India!!

He is more credible than your bs of having Zero Gold and fantasise of trashing china in sports

It's better than your fantasy of trashing America in medal race.. You did it when the matters were in your hands in Beijing. Look you reached your natural place as soon as CCP was not at the helm of affairs and the games were played at neutral venues..

I think you have to wait many a centuries or host Olympics again in China to top the tally again..

Don't compare with India.. India used to get 0 medals with nobody caring much about Olympics. It's good people are focusing on things other than cricket..

Back
Top Bottom