What's new

Indians At It, Again

Sorry to say, our conservatives take more consistent positions, even when bashing the Army. Take Imran Khan or Hamid Mir for example - they condemn the military/security forces for military operations and collateral damage in BOTH FATA and Balochistan. Our liberals on the other hand are wailing and screaming about 'Military extra-judicial killings and disappearances' in Balochistan, while applauding and cheering even more extra-judicial killings and massacres at the hands of the US in drone strikes and military operations in FATA!

This is sickening.

When they say a considerable section of the Pakistani population is getting increasingly estranged from the idea of Pakistan due to the enforced disappearances, dumping of mutilated bodies in ditches by the security forces and when they say learn from 1971 for your own good..they become liberal fascists..?!

So people who who support this abhorring idea of kidnapping people, torturing and dumping their bodies without any charges,procedure are the true patriots ? No..Pakistan doesnt need an external enemy with the likes of these 'patriots'.

Regarding drone strikes, you just labelled your Army and your Govt as liberal fascists.

What Indians don't realize is that we Pakistanis don't have entire talk show programs dedicated to India on our channels. On the other hand India does.

It is clear that Indians are obsessed with Pakistan. Just take a look at this forum.

the funny thing about these hindustany 'enthusiastics' is that they know more about Pakistan -- the whos, the whats, the hows etc -- than even some Pakistanis who by nature are quite mellow and reasonable people --despite some war-mongerer and emotional types.

actually most of the hatred, jealousy and animosity comes from that end....not ours

guys how i can blame other while i am weak form inside , while fault is internal

Don't worry...sending militants across the border for killing people, training "non-state actors" to massacre innocent people, giving shelter to known terrorists, turning a blind eye to "hate-India" rallies with calls for nuclear annihilation etc are all acts of love and it is we Indians who engage in hostile acts.

What Indians don't realize is that we Pakistanis don't have entire talk show programs dedicated to India on our channels. On the other hand India does.

It is clear that Indians are obsessed with Pakistan. Just take a look at this forum.

No its not obsession its just a concern when you have jihadists openly carrying out "hate-india" campaigns in the largest cities of pakistan and when it is a state policy to "bleed India through 1000 cuts"

Oh please if a Pakistani passes gas your media jumps on it and creates an hour long program.

This is sickening.

When they say a considerable section of the Pakistani population is getting increasingly estranged from the idea of Pakistan due to the enforced disappearances, dumping of mutilated bodies in ditches by the security forces and when they say learn from 1971 for your own good..they become liberal fascists..?!

So people who who support this abhorring idea of kidnapping people, torturing and dumping their bodies without any charges,procedure are the true patriots ? No..Pakistan doesnt need an external enemy with the likes of these 'patriots'.

Regarding drone strikes, you just labelled your Army and your Govt as liberal fascists.

When has the PA and/or GoP officially accepted drone strikes?

My point is that 'people who who oppose this abhorring idea of kidnapping people, torturing and dumping their bodies without any charges, procedure' need to apply this principle consistently, and therefore condemn US drone strikes and military operations just as much as they do the alleged violations in Balochistan - what exactly do you find wrong with my position?

But, the bottom line is this : India has never indulged in terrorist activities outside its zone nor has been a terrorist haven.

Wrong - Supports for terrorists/insurgents in Junagadh, East Pakistan and the LTTE debunk your assertions - that said, you can offer your counter-argument to this on one of the many other threads where this has been hashed out already.

When has the PA and/or GoP officially accepted drone strikes?

My point is that 'people who who oppose this abhorring idea of kidnapping people, torturing and dumping their bodies without any charges, procedure' need to apply this principle consistently, and therefore condemn US drone strikes and military operations just as much as they do the alleged violations in Balochistan - what exactly do you find wrong with my position?

You really arguing that part ? C'mon. There is a limit to even strawman argument.

The title is so chosen to deliberately elicit a reaction & then people here wonder why Indians respond. Mr Dhume, like any & all of us Indians/Americans, is entitled to his opinion & analysis. The fact is that no one is interested in what your chosen writers/speakers (i.e. the chaps who share your opinion & are therefore not labelled fascists of any type, atleast not by you) have to say. AHMED QURAISHI ?? I mean, you guys give yourselves away when you want anyone to take this joker seriously. He was the chap who cooked up the fake "Indian Army wikileak cables" & then defended it by asking as to why can't Pakistanis doctor the facts(Pak Nationalists). Little wonder he doesn't get anybody to listen to his wet dreams, not at the WSJ, not anywhere but at his own sorry site & some sorry chaps looking for a national alternative/addition to Zaid Hamid.

What an idiot.The piece kicks off with the rant ''How dare Indians comment on Pakistan as they know nothing about us ?" and then the author goes on to talk about India(!!!)as we all are aware Pakistanis have a free pass on that and not Indians.One would hope that the writer took a breather to proofread the article, perhaps then his hypocrisy would have stared smack back at him.

It's a interesting viewpoint though as the very opposite mostly holds true.Pakistan loves to enter the scene wherever India is mentioned.We see it in various spheres of influence such as;

The United States inks a civilian nuclear deal with India,Pakistan wants the same

Australia agrees to selling Uranium to India.Ji janab,Pakistan ko bhi chahiye
Both of those are tied into Pakistan wanting legitimacy for its nuclear program and an equal application of international rules on nuclear trade. There is also a significant security concern tied into the exception granted to India by the NSG, in that it allows India to potentially divert more domestic nuclear fuel into its weapons program, thereby increasing its warhead capacity manifold.

While you may want to make a simple comparison here to denigrate Pakistan, Pakistan's position on the NSG exemption is well reasoned and legitimate.

The United States suggests India to ''Act East''. First ones out with a response....if you guessed Pakistan,you guessed right!!!
Sorry, lost here, what are you referring to exactly?

India offers to train Afghan troops...no wait a second...suddenly Pakistan wants in on it too
Pakistan has been offering to train Afghan troops for a while now - its the media that chooses to jump on Pakistani statements at particular points in time and make it look like an existing position is somehow a 'reaction' to an Indian proposal.

Actually if you look at it, its democracy at it's best!! The PM has been summoned to Supreme court for violating constitution.
Let the justice prevail.

Obviously the author didn't see the other side of coin.

You really arguing that part ? C'mon. There is a limit to even strawman argument.
I am arguing that part, but 'that part' is not the main point of my argument - the main point is the hypocrisy of Pakistani liberals in cheering extra-judicial massacres and Human rights violations at the hands of US Drone Strikes and military operations, while condemning much smaller scale extra-judicial deaths and disappearances allegedly at the hands of the security forces in Balochistan.

Why do you disagree with my position on Pakistani liberal hypocrisy on that issue?

I am arguing that part, but 'that part' is not the main point of my argument - the main point is the hypocrisy of Pakistani liberals in cheering extra-judicial massacres and Human rights violations at the hands of US Drone Strikes and military operations, while condemning much smaller scale extra-judicial deaths and disappearances allegedly at the hands of the security forces in Balochistan.

Why do you disagree with my position on Pakistani liberal hypocrisy on that issue?

Most Pakistanis already have an idea who are behind the disappearances, however it is foreign media outlets that slander the security forces.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom