Indians angered by Australian Radio host's remarks

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Australian radio host calls India '**** hole', Ganga a 'junkyard'
PTI | Aug 1, 2011, 02.40PM IST

MELBOURNE: An Australian radio show host is facing criticism from the Indian community over his reportedly derogatory comments on India and Hinduism, in which he called river Ganga a 'junkyard'.

A Sydney-based Indian group is seeking an apology from the radio station following a report that host Kyle Sandilands made anti-India comments on his "Kyle and Jacky O" show.
According to a report by a local ethnic TV programme 'Desi Kangaroos', Sandilands said "India is a **** hole" and went further to describe river Ganga as a 'junkyard'.

The Council of Indian Australians (CIA) lashed out on Sandilands for the "insulting" remarks, and has said it would take up the issue with Australia's media regulatory body if it was not amicably resolved.

"Sandilands made insulting comments against India and ridiculed River Ganges which is a sacred river in Hinduism. His ridicule involved some of the practices of the followers of Hinduism," CIA president Yadu Singh said in an official statement.

Singh said he found Kyle's comments "insensitive, insulting, hurtful and unwarranted" and that he was upset and angered by them.

"Indian Australian community is a peaceful and tolerant community... It does not attack any nation, national group or religious practices of any group. It is obviously not happy when others attack them or their belief system," he said.

The body has written to his radio station, demanding an apology from it and from Sandilands.

It said it will pursue the matter and will seek a satisfactory resolution, failing which the matter will be pursued with Australian Communication & Media Authority (ACMA).
Australian radio host calls India 'shit hole', Ganga a 'junkyard' - The Times of India

Sometimes I wonder if white folks even know what the hell they are talking about.

He called river Ganga a 'junkyard'.
It is!! So what's the big deal? Politicians have siphoned off crores of rupees on the pretext of 'cleaning up the Ganga'. It's now even worse than an extended sh!t hole! Why do Indians get senti about facing reality and truth? :cheesy:

gangs is polluted to the core so i think you should take the remaks in literal words

It is polluted. But it's not as bad as some TV documentary shows it to be. There are river dolphins still swimming in it, so it is still within limits.
But calling India a **** hole and a holy river a junkyard is beyond idiotic.

It is!! So what's the big deal? Politicians have siphoned off crores of rupees on the pretext of 'cleaning up the Ganga'. It's now even worse than an extended sh!t hole! Why do Indians get senti about facing reality and truth? :cheesy:

It depends on the intention mate. I don't think this Kyle or whatever her name is has seen India ever in person to comment like this. Neither is she a Greenpeace activist to be environmentally concerned. Now though I am not a mainstream Hindu, I am sure that there are certain realities that look like realities when the idea behind speaking them is from right people. Had the comment been said by some Ganga clean up campaigner, people would understand, compared to a radio broadcaster in Australia who doesn't even know about the country.

Freedom of speech is fine but needless targeting of peaceful migrants who are actually contributing healthily to Australian economy and society is wrong.

India is a beautiful country. But its like saying Somalia is a **** whole. The land itself might be nice but the country itself is a mess.

Australians have different living standards to India so to some indeed India might be a **** whole.

Learn to be lay backed i thought Australians are supose to be the whiners.

Hes just a radio host.

what he said is RAM TERY GANGA MELI HO GAI PAPIYOON KE PAAP DHOTY DHOTY ahahahahha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom