What's new

Indian View: Is Pakistan's COVID response really better than India?

Here today news, India gov doesn't give breakdown of PCR and antigen tests.
Yeah for real.

India largely relies on RT-PCR tests which comprise over 85% of tests done for confirming covid-19 across India, as per the ICMR and states data.

Yeah for real.

India largely relies on RT-PCR tests which comprise over 85% of tests done for confirming covid-19 across India, as per the ICMR and states data.

India gov doesnt provide break down.That is old news you posted.

Shekhar Gupta is your typical left-wing Indian propagandist. He conveniently forgot to mention Indian media was hoping Imran Khan and Pakistan will "die the death of corona". This stuff didn't come from some small time publication. It came from India's right-wing Zee News and owner of WION in March, who is the leading Indian news network.

ETYH5GLVAAA6P-2.jpg

India's COVID testing is based on cheap antigen tests which are well-known for giving inaccurate results and a high number of false positives. Antigen tests also have low sensitivity ranging from 40% to 60%, depending upon the material. This means out of 100 COVID-19 patients, antigen tests will detect between 40 to 60 patients. The rest will not be detected by antigen tests and there will be false positives in those tested positive.

Pakistan, as with majority of the countries, have opted for PCR tests which are expensive but very accurate.

Attachments

• ETYH5GLVAAA6P-2.jpg
    ETYH5GLVAAA6P-2.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 19
ndia gov doesnt provide break down.That is old news you posted.
ICMR already provides a breakdown of how many PCR tests are conducted that stands more than 85%.
Does Pakistan provide a list of PCR tests conducted?

(Disclaimer: just before your dear mods hands me a ban for derailing the thread, I am just reinforcing the view of a Pakistani member in case there are comprehension issues)
How many times you have been banned in the past and what was the reason?

Indian article from india peddled by a known recently created indian troll account

In my opinion,
it's a bit of a fix, Moderation standards w.r.t to anything India related has to be a bit different;
As of now things like:

Religion: it's pretty much a free for all to insult anything Indianfaith related but if anything is directed towards any of the Middle-eastern ones, you will see red-lettered posts by Moderators reminding members to be respectful. No such quarter would be given to Indian relevant threads.

Personal and racial slurs towards Indian's seem to indemnity from the administration: one can freely use terms such as Indiots, pajeets, street shitter, piss drinker, dotheads, cow cola, gangus, randians, with complete immunity to which even rank holders here would gladly rate positive or like and smirk with joy.

Indian Media: Now coming to news, props to @AgNoStiC MuSliM he has been mostly balanced; but even he thinks that Indian Media when it comes to balakot strikes et all follow Indian government's brief and thus has to be deleted from relevant threads. When I complained about it, I was systematically banned.

Infractions: The moderating standards on off-topic posts for other nationalities vs Indian will be quite different, take this post for example most likely one of the new overzealous moderators will take it upon him/herself to shut me up by handing out an infraction classifying this as an off-topic post with no recourse to challenge it.

And make no mistake, this direction is by design. @SQ8

as these days I have post disclaimers, for the admin and mods here as miscomprhension is quite abundant: before someone here deems my post as offensive for the terms I have used, they should search for those exact terms on the search bar and see the inaction of hundreds of such threads and hang their heads in shame.

I understand their compulsion, they simply have to cater to kind of audience they are getting now, to survive.

In early days of WoT, PDF excited many intellectuals and sane posters to join but that interest waned as time progress and the trolls of those times, who were considered cannon fodders for the Mods those days are the ones left here to run the show.

I can challenge any Mod here to pick up any thread and 90% of the posts on first page will be silly remarks. But how can they shut their main consumers?

Religion: it's pretty much a free for all to insult anything Indian faith related but if anything is directed towards any of the Middle-eastern ones, you will see red-lettered posts by Moderators reminding members to be respectful. No such quarter would be given to Indian relevant threads.
So basically Islam is not an Indian faith but a foreign one for India? And an example of indian faith is Hinduism? Got it!

Anyway FYI there are more non-Arab Muslims than Arab muslims in this world. And Islam never states itself as a religion for middle east only. In my opinion Islam is as much an Indian faith as others.

Regards

Last edited:
This is not cricket or the Line of Control. Both nations are being suckered by the global pharmaceutical lobbies. We are both equal losers if we allow this admittedly virulent flu strain to destroy our economies. We cope with new flu strains, not locked our entire societies based on fear.

China has long opened up!

The hospitals are the best thing to judge this pandemic, allhamdulillah our hospitals are empty which were over crowded in June July..... Why the hell one would spend money on testing if there are no symptoms at all.... India is simply obsessed with Pakistan otherwise allhamdulillah whole world is appreciated our approach.....

Back
Top Bottom