What's new

Indian View: Is Pakistan's COVID response really better than India?

the title is change is just, I guess

That can be the reason, I mean it is not free for all testing but on sign of fever..
her gali mohally main aaty jaty bandy ke pakar ker test kareen kya :lol: 1000 indians die daily and they are worry of us .

Sanghis drinking each others urine didn't help India's fight against covid19.

Maybe Modi should ban urine drinking?

Or even better completely ban these publications on PDF as they are unreliable sources per PDF admin.

just as suggestion @AgNoStiC MuSliM ;

(Disclaimer: just before your dear mods hands me a ban for derailing the thread, I am just reinforcing the view of a Pakistani member in case there are comprehension issues)

I am just asking for recognizing State sponsored propaganda against Pakistan.

Why would Pakistan Defence Forum allow adversarial state-sponsored propaganda against its own country, that is quite treasonous, isn't it? is content and web traffic more important than national interest?

It's already available online so it's not about what PDF allow, we just have to mark it as Bharati state sponsored propaganda as it is.

It's already available online so it's not about what PDF allow, we just have to mark it as Bharati state sponsored propaganda as it is.
Absolutely, I completely agree. I propose every thread emanating from India Media should begin with the word GARBAGE in bold.... what say?

It will be fun to see the tranformation?
@AgNoStiC MuSliM please take it up with your new admins if possible.

It's a no-brainer...

Uneducated(fake degree holder) bigot Modi, a petty politician versus an Oxford educated leader, a philanthropist, an honest and incorruptible PM IK....

Nation/Country/people gets the leader they deserve...India deserved Modi...

Absolutely, I completely agree. I propose every thread emanating from India Media should begin with the word GARBAGE in bold.... what say?

It will be fun to see the tranformation?
@AgNoStiC MuSliM please take it up with your new admins if possible.
New Admins? They're still the same, MilSpec.

My view on Indian content is that something like what I did with the title should be sufficient. It does not imply/state that the information/analysis is incorrect, but at least makes clear the origin of the views being discussed.

New Admins? They're still the same, MilSpec.

My view on Indian content is that something like what I did with the title should be sufficient. It does not imply/state that the information/analysis is incorrect, but at least makes clear the origin of the views being discussed.

Is it a new policy on checking the origin of opening post and then updating the title prefixed with <Country> View: ?
For e.g. China View, US View, Pakistan View?

Or its just for India?

Is it a new policy on checking the origin of opening post and then updating the title prefixed with <Country> View: ?
For e.g. China View, US View, Pakistan View?

Or its just for India?
It has always been at moderator discretion. The rules are unchanged for regular posters - stick to the original title of an article/video etc. The OP did nothing wrong in using the video title.

I considered the original title inflammatory, but did consider a discussion on a statistical comparison between India and Pakistan's COVID responses to be a valid one, and therefore edited the title in an attempt to redirect the discussion back to the topic.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic gutter level competitiveness by this mentally inferior nation, when others are working together in a pandemic.

I honestly clicked on the title hoping beyond hope to see some Indian citizens interviewed and asked if they appreciated Pakistan's approach and maybe, refreshingly they would say "yes, I must admit Pakistan is doing well". That would have been a good surprise and it would have proven my prejudices about the Indian generic mentality wrong. I wanted to be wrong.

I shall remember next time that prejudices really do save time.

I've read the article. It's a rant, nothing more.

It's littered with contradictions to suit a simple narrative. On the one hand, Pakistan is accused of having a much poorer health infrastructure, yet the Indian interviewee makes excuses for India later:

"“Our lockdown may have hurt India more than the disease itself, but in other respects we are much like Pakistan,” says Jayaprakash Muliyil, an adviser to India’s National Institute of Epidemiology. None of the numbers coming from either country is likely to present a true picture, he suggests: “We both really cannot see what is happening in villages, where most people live, and we share the same disdain for proper data.”"

So when it suits Indians, we're "as bad as each other" but otherwise, Pakistan is dilapidated and India is relatively better at everything.

Uncle Gupta claims towards the end of his video the opening line of the article suggests India is better "on all statistics" except cricket. No Mr Gupta, the article didn't state that:

"In statistics if not in cricket, India tends to trump its perennial rival Pakistan. It is four times larger in area, seven times in population and ten times in gdp"

It referred to several specific parameters of data but not "everything".

Gupta and India are too easily butt hurt it would seem.

The writer and Gupta both are admant on criticising Pakistan's smart lockdown approach and praising Modi's almost "self sacrificing" act of total lockdown. Why? All advanced nations are now using smart regional lockdowns to control the disease. Why are Gupta and the economist butthurt by this because Pakistan did it before India? What's the problem? If Japan did it, no problem I imagine.

Lastly, let's discuss rate of deaths in positive cases, ICU admission rates in positive cases, prolonged morbidity in positive cases. These are the parameters that matter, not the blind rants about test numbers. Raw test number or rate comparison is actually an example of dumb data (that Gupta keeps ranting about).

The harsh truth for India is that everything people like me and others on pdf warned about came to fruition.

We said - don't blame TJ and other "niduses", as you're going to make others think they're ok or relatively safer (never mind encouraging abuses of TJ members). India ignored our advice.

We said - linked to the above - acknowledge COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION EXISTS - as this encourages vigilance from all instead of just blaming and scrutinising travellers. India ignored our advice.

We said - don't fk up those HUNDRED MILLION MIGRANT WORKERS with a lockdown announcement 4 hours before the dumbest lockdown imposition the world ever saw. How many died because of that?

Linked to the above, the lack of adequate quarantine centres (where people have been raped ffs) has made these migrants want to get out asap. The recent acceleration of cases occurred when the migrants finally went home and silently spread the virus to vulnerable householders in village environments with poorer healthcare and suspicion and rumours being rife - all of which discouraged appropriate isolation and protocol for symptomatic people. We knew this would happen. India refused to listen.

The ASHA workers are documented as having suffered abuse and injuries from confused villagers who don't want to be labelled "corona" because of the stigma associated with it. The funds set aside for poor people isolating seem to have evaporated as survival becomes a free-for-all.

Let's not even start on the fact that India has an ayurveda ministry funded by taxpayers money whose advice for "steam therapy" and "garlic" and what not circulates at the top of internet searches on how to handle Covid.

It is a combination of superstition, arrogance, ignorance and stubbornness that have brought India to this point, not statistical manipulation or conspiracy by Pakistan or imran Khan sniggering.

It has always been at moderator discretion. The rules are unchanged for regular posters - stick to the original title of an article/video etc. The OP did nothing wrong in using the video title.

I considered the original title inflammatory, but did consider a discussion on a statistical comparison between India and Pakistan's COVID responses to be a valid one, and therefore edited the title in an attempt to redirect the discussion back to the topic.

It is disrespectful for the readers of this forum that you need to "shove it into their throat" rather than let them decide on their own based on the source credibility and content on offer. Your editing of title have no impact on serious posters, but your attempt to "help" feeble minds (too many lately) is noted.

PS: Off course unless the title is outright offensive.

Back
Top Bottom