What's new

Indian View: Is Pakistan's COVID response really better than India?

It is disrespectful for the readers of this forum that you need to "shove it into their throat" rather than let them decide on their own based on the source credibility and content on offer. Your editing of title have no impact on serious posters, but your attempt to "help" feeble minds (too many lately) is noted.

PS: Off course unless the title is outright offensive.
It's disrespectful to the readers of a Pakistani forum to have an Indian media piece making a derogatory reference to the Prime Minister of Pakistan as 'boasting'.

Sensationalist headlines like that might generate viewers in India, but on a forum such as this they're going to just cause a flame war, which is what happened.

My title edit did not disrespect anyone and merely stated the obvious without being inflammatory.

Gupta is really going off on one from 22 minutes onwards...

Regarding CFR, case fatality rate, he mentions it's not possible to hide significant numbers of deaths because positive cases are entered into a magical database. This or any such database doesn't resolve such a problem at all. In fact, I have explained tirelessly on several threads now that Hindustan is in fact avoiding recording significant numbers of Covid deaths by (a) claiming they died of a comorbidity e.g. organ failure and (b) not recording CLINICALLY SUSPECTED Covid deaths in the overall count of Covid deaths (which every developed country is doing without needing a positive swab/serum result).

Now the biggest kicker for me is that ridiculous bar chart he portrays where Pakistan has a CFR of around 2 and India's is between 1 and 2. This is hardly a significant difference at all. His bar chart is misleading because it accentuates this difference which isn't statistically or even relatively significant.

You will see why now:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7104689/figure/f1-ophrp-11-74/?report=objectonly

So, CFR is 4 and above in the hardest hit countries, rising up to 10 I believe in Belgium, and Gupta here is trying to create a rant about the difference between 2 and 1.7?!

There is also a specific limitation with Gupta's supposed smart data approach in using a non-age adjusted CFR to compare countries' responses to the pandemic. If anyone is interested read this link

He's just a bhakt clown who doesn't understand what he's talking about. Typical really.

He's just a bhakt clown who doesn't understand what he's talking about. Typical really.
We've observed and commented on this in the past as well - under the BJP the Indian media/think tanks are not interested in objectively reporting or analyzing events, but merely finding a way to present/cover events to where it paints India under the BJP in a positive light. This is especially true with respect to coverage/analysis of Pakistan & China.

The tilt towards demonizing & de-humanizing Pakistan was present even before Modi came to power, but it went up several notches with Modi.

Countries with low testing rates have affordability issues. Testing is usually done for free and the government has to take up the costs. At least India is testing more and more people.

Let's spin the data, India lost more than 100,000 people compared to Pakistan's 6,000 but Pakistan did not do as many tests as India, so dumb people with "smart" data declare India did better than Pakistan.
Congratulations! keep doing better than Pakistan, keep doing more tests even if people keep dying, but who gives a **** since it is "smart" data.

Seriously, what kind of fucking retards are these people? "Smart" retards?

Imran Khan sniggers at India for its high coronavirus cases despite its economy-damaging lockdown as he boasts Pakistan’s success in containing it & saving his economy with ‘smart’ lockdowns. First-cut, dumb data will affirm this. But the picture gets more complex as we move up the ladder of smart data. Leaving India aside, how would this smart data compare Pakistan with just Uttar Pradesh, since both have similar-sized population. Shekhar Gupta with fascinating data, graphics, some surprises.

Is it a new policy on checking the origin of opening post and then updating the title prefixed with <Country> View: ?
For e.g. China View, US View, Pakistan View?

Or its just for India?
In my opinion,
it's a bit of a fix, Moderation standards w.r.t to anything India related has to be a bit different;
As of now things like:

Religion: it's pretty much a free for all to insult anything Indian faith related but if anything is directed towards any of the Middle-eastern ones, you will see red-lettered posts by Moderators reminding members to be respectful. No such quarter would be given to Indian relevant threads.

Personal and racial slurs towards Indian's seem to have indemnity from the administration: one can freely use terms such as Indiots, pajeets, street shitter, piss drinker, dotheads, cow cola, gangus, randians, with complete immunity to which even rank holders here would gladly rate positive or like and smirk with joy.

Indian Media: Now coming to news, props to @AgNoStiC MuSliM he has been mostly balanced; but even he thinks that Indian Media when it comes to balakot strikes et all follow Indian government's brief and thus has to be deleted from relevant threads. When I complained about it, I was systematically banned.

Infractions: The moderating standards on off-topic posts for other nationalities vs Indian will be quite different, take this post for example most likely one of the new overzealous moderators will take it upon him/herself to shut me up by handing out an infraction classifying this as an off-topic post with no recourse to challenge it.

And make no mistake, this direction is by design. @SQ8

as these days I have post disclaimers, for the admin and mods here as miscomprhension is quite abundant: before someone here deems my post as offensive for the terms I have used, they should search for those exact terms on the search bar and see the inaction of hundreds of such threads and hang their heads in shame.

Last edited:
Countries with low testing rates have affordability issues. Testing is usually done for free and the government has to take up the costs. At least India is testing more and more people.

He forgot to mention the fact that India is doing mostly cheap antigen tests who's accuracy is 50%. Pakistan is only doing PCR which are expensive but accurate 99% of the times.

You cannot expect honesty from a bakht.

In my opinion,
it's a bit of a fix, Moderation standards w.r.t to anything India related has to be a bit different;
As of now things like:

Religion: it's pretty much a free for all to insult anything Indianfaith related but if anything is directed towards any of the Middle-eastern ones, you will see red-lettered posts by Moderators reminding members to be respectful. No such quarter would be given to Indian relevant threads.

Personal and racial slurs towards Indian's seem to indemnity from the administration: one can freely use terms such as Indiots, pajeets, street shitter, piss drinker, dotheads, cow cola, gangus, randians, with complete immunity to which even rank holders here would gladly rate positive or like and smirk with joy.

Indian Media: Now coming to news, props to @AgNoStiC MuSliM he has been mostly balanced; but even he thinks that Indian Media when it comes to balakot strikes et all follow Indian government's brief and thus has to be deleted from relevant threads. When I complained about it, I was systematically banned.

Infractions: The moderating standards on off-topic posts for other nationalities vs Indian will be quite different, take this post for example most likely one of the new overzealous moderators will take it upon him/herself to shut me up by handing out an infraction classifying this as an off-topic post with no recourse to challenge it.

And make no mistake, this direction is by design. @SQ8

as these days I have post disclaimers, for the admin and mods here as miscomprhension is quite abundant: before someone here deems my post as offensive for the terms I have used, they should search for those exact terms on the search bar and see the inaction of hundreds of such threads and hang their heads in shame.
Take it up in GHQ instead of ranting and hijacking the threads please - otherwise you know where the door is.

Last edited:
Let's spin the data, India lost more than 100,000 people compared to Pakistan's 6,000 but Pakistan did not do as many tests as India, so dumb people with "smart" data declare India did better than Pakistan.
Congratulations! keep doing better than Pakistan, keep doing more tests even if people keep dying, but who gives a **** since it is "smart" data.

Seriously, what kind of fucking retards are these people? "Smart" retards?

Yeah, lol

Doing cheap antigen tests with accuracy rate of 50% is sure very smart. India gov hiding data on numbers of PCR and antigen tests is also very smart. :lol:

Now I've read that India have invented even faster test, go figure how accurate it will be.

Gupta is really going off on one from 22 minutes onwards...

Regarding CFR, case fatality rate, he mentions it's not possible to hide significant numbers of deaths because positive cases are entered into a magical database. This or any such database doesn't resolve such a problem at all. In fact, I have explained tirelessly on several threads now that Hindustan is in fact avoiding recording significant numbers of Covid deaths by (a) claiming they died of a comorbidity e.g. organ failure and (b) not recording CLINICALLY SUSPECTED Covid deaths in the overall count of Covid deaths (which every developed country is doing without needing a positive swab/serum result).

Now the biggest kicker for me is that ridiculous bar chart he portrays where Pakistan has a CFR of around 2 and India's is between 1 and 2. This is hardly a significant difference at all. His bar chart is misleading because it accentuates this difference which isn't statistically or even relatively significant.

You will see why now:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7104689/figure/f1-ophrp-11-74/?report=objectonly

So, CFR is 4 and above in the hardest hit countries, rising up to 10 I believe in Belgium, and Gupta here is trying to create a rant about the difference between 2 and 1.7?!

There is also a specific limitation with Gupta's supposed smart data approach in using a non-age adjusted CFR to compare countries' responses to the pandemic. If anyone is interested read this link

You just dissected the poor so called analyst. Kudo's to you.

Gupta also think Pakistan doesn't have huge population centres like UP. Based on 2017 census and estimate of 2020.

Karachi 19-20 million
Lahore 12-13 million
Islamabad/Pindi 8-9 million

lol

UP biggest by population size is less then 3 million. And BTW Gupta, Pakistan still have better record vs India in ODI/tests. This secular bakht in disguise is clueless.

You just dissected the poor so called analyst. Kudo's to you.

His whole analysis is based on the fact that India is doing mass testing with cheap antigen kits which are not accurate at all. Tests alone doesn't tell the whole story. He didn't explain why India daily covid death rate now is around thousand vs 5 for Pakistan.

He forgot to mention the fact that India is doing mostly cheap antigen tests who's accuracy is 50%. Pakistan is only doing PCR which are expensive but accurate 99% of the times.
Maybe you should update yourself, and not rely on news that's from August.

Maybe you should update yourself, and not rely on news that's from August.

India toke 3 months of tests to reach 1 million PCR tests in May. I remember Pakistan for long time was way ahead of India on per capita basis as far as tests were concerned.

Thats was when they were doing PCR only tests. Now India does million tests every day with cheap and not so accurate antigen tests.

Here today news, India gov doesn't give breakdown of PCR and antigen tests.

Back
Top Bottom