What's new

Indian Variant of AK-47 Assault Rifle Developed - 50,000 Units Ordered in First Phase!

The MPT-76 is classed as a battle rifle and is meant to replace the aging G-3. It is not an assault rifle like the INSAS, AKM, M4 etc. etc.

If you want to compare it with something, compare it with newer western battle rifles or designated marksman rifles such as the HK-417, SCAR-H, L129a1 etc.

View attachment 134699
View attachment 134700

What is the difference between battle-rifles and assault rifles?

Advantages of one over the other?

I will say Turkey has great weapons due to the sharing of tech and knowledge being a part of NATO but as for superior training I am not convinced.

If you think that Western training is not superior to indian training, then its alright.

What is the difference between battle-rifles and assault rifles?

Advantages of one over the other?

If you think that Western training is not superior to indian training, then its alright.

In some ways it is......but India has seen more conflict than Turkey since WW2. Think about that. To this day, our forces deal with guerilla forces that make the PKK like like babies. There is no comparison. Remember, LTTE was the organization that created the modern suicide bomber. On top of that, our forces are not nearly as well equipped as your military.

I also just wanted to let you know how the US military has incorporated Yoga and Kabadi into their training. The US along with many other nations have asked India permssion to train at our counter insurgency centre in the Northeast.

Last edited:
DfN3J5E.jpg

x7xCvzM.jpg

Dont know if this is the Ishapore model, but OFB is showing off an AK copy at AERO INDIA.

I don't see Indians using it they are still stuck with WW1 era INSAS
They are looking for a foreign gun Again

Back
Top Bottom