What's new

Indian UAV/UCAV Thread

true..and ethiopia could have developed f-35 46 years back.

yeah I know that! The problem is with the govt you know!!

Ethiopia could also develop nuclear submarine, aircraft carrier, missile defence, SLBM, ICBM, space launch vehicle and many other staffs.

true..and ethiopia could have developed f-35 46 years back.

Do you know what are you saying. Now, india is developing Medium combat Aircraft and FGFA( JV with russia).

You think that india has not the capability to develop UAV which is false.

do we really need to have a newsflash about every whim and fancy of the indian defense industry. here's a piece of advice, open your mouth when you have a working prototype. till then keep shut.

do we really need to have a newsflash about every whim and fancy of the indian defense industry. here's a piece of advice, open your mouth when you have a working prototype. till then keep shut.

brother this is a top secret project. And get ready by 2 to 3 years.(Source:Aaj Tak,CNN IBN)

now which one of ucav will come first- rustam or aura lets see.hum!!!!!!!!
:cheers:

now which one of ucav will come first- rustam or aura lets see.hum!!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Praveen , You are confusing UAV and UCAV .

RUSTOM will be MALE - (Medium altitude Long endurance) UAV for surveillance, not for combat per say. Its development has just been handed over to DRDO+ADA.

Aura is an Combat UAV under development . If article is true and we are at such advanced stage , then AURA will be coming out for testing before Rustom.

Good development but instead of Predator type we must go for French Neuron concept type UCAV which is more mean, stealthy and has longer range.

Neuron

2-neuron.jpg

17neuron2047a7adj8rp6.jpg

I agree with you that we need a Neuron type of UCAV, especially with FGFA it would be a great combo. But if I highly doubt that we can develop something like that on our own anytime soon. We are still developing a 4th gen fighter, our unmanned aircrafts are still not mature and stealth, or 5th gen technologies are far away. So without a co-development, I don't see it coming.

INDIA TODAY AND HEADLINE TODAY's NEWS

June 10, 2010:India may soon get its own unmanned combat aerial vehicle, specifically aimed at neutralising threats from Pakistan, China and terror groups. The top secret unmanned aircraft project is currently in progress in a Bangalore laboratory.

SOON! will it fall from sky?
India does not have required technology to build one.
Banglore lab! never heard of it before?
How many UAVs this lab has exported so far?
Specifically aimed at what terror group?
inidan army and RAW kill its own people and than blame it on self created groups! if not trust me go ask the wife of Hemant Karkary.
What is the application against Pakistan and China? It does not make any difference if UAV is indian made or Israeli made! if needs are so pressing what are Israeli UAVs doin gsitting in hangers?

Headlines Today has learnt that the drone, called Aura, is being designed to deliver weapons with precision and without prejudice as the American Predators have been raining red hell on militant and terrorist strongholds in Pakistan.
Who said Americans are delivering UAV deliver bombs with precision?
Without prejudice....yes and without discrimination.....And this is the big reason for the celebration in India!

The Indian government has been working on this secret programme to build an aircraft quite like Predator. The Indian Predator is being developed under a secret project codenamed AURA, an acronym for Autonomous Unmanned Research Aircraft.
Now suddenly it is not secret any more! why?
The pictures are of American Predator!!!!! for god sake, people are not as stupid as indian media think they are..
Hope fully, Indains are in talks with US companies and govt. for tech. transfer.
After too much ranting of indeginous LCA, Argun, atomic bomb etc etc. no reason to believe india building any such thing on short notice.
Imagine.. this time 'AUTONOMUS' is integrated in the name..... ha ha ha....Fake ego......

The aircraft itself goes by a working title that leaves nothing to the imagination. Classified secret, Aura has remained completely unknown and invisible until now.
Exactly....

Headlines Today has learnt that when ready in a few years the aircraft will be built with stealth characteristics. It will cruise at medium altitude and will be capable of carrying two or more guided strike weapons with on-board sensors for targeting and weapon guidance.
Too much.....:blah::blah: for paper drone.

Pakistan has been pushing for multi-utility drones from the US in exchange of taking on the al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
Pakistan also have its own drones from decade ago, with hundereds of export references..... Pakistan always leaded the region in technology.
Where as Pakistan technology has been always sold out ot India by parasite traitors...

The US is poised to supply state-of-the-art arms, laser-guided bomb kits, helicopter gunships, more F-16 fighters and even spy drones to Islamabad. The Chinese threat too looms large.
So what? every screw in indian inventory is supplied by foreign nations but US and now since september eleven, india is pushing US for nuclear technology!

Sources said the classified AURA programme looks forward to a first flight in the next three-four years with weapons trials shortly thereafter. In the coming decade, India stands to get its own Predator, developed from scratch, fine-tuned and built completely in the country.
That would be a world record of building a UCAV! and mirracle after waisting half century on a failed tank.

PICTURES ARE OF AMERICAN PREDATORS :hitwall:

predator-7.jpg

UAV_PlaneSpot.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you that we need a Neuron type of UCAV, especially with FGFA it would be a great combo. But if I highly doubt that we can develop something like that on our own anytime soon. We are still developing a 4th gen fighter, our unmanned aircrafts are still not mature and stealth, or 5th gen technologies are far away. So without a co-development, I don't see it coming.

I am not seeking it but for the future, if the prototype flys by 2018 and can induct it by 2024 that will be a great achievement. As you know by than we should have good knowledge of aerospace science including long range sat data link, stealth, UAV/UCAV design etc. The way our aerospace R&D is going with FGFA, AMCA, RLV-TD etc we must go for Neuron type UCAV, yes with foreign helps where it required for the subsystems.

We must have to cooperate with Russia, Israel and France. Russia's Mig has such a project. But it cannot be co-development or JV because its it falls under MTCR restrictions.

9907569d-ca3f-4bc4-9d5b-b0e81b5a805alarge.jpg

Does india have their own uav?
like own designed and developed one?
a proper one?
Do they have the capablity?

Back
Top Bottom