What's new

Indian UAV/UCAV Thread

are we planning to buy/produce UCAV?

Yes, we are working on making our own Medium endurance UAV's .

Our current indeginous UAV Nishant is low endurance.

Once we have a medium endurance system , it can be equipped with weapons once a targeting radar is installed.

But for the intern measure,

India operates numerous Israile Hearon and Searcher Medium range UAV's

Recently Indian intelligence has suggested that Pakistan may recive UCAV's earlier then expected from America.

And have subsequently placed a new order with Israile, in light of the threat.

India orders Israeli armed UAVs - in case US drones reach Pakistan

Sources close to the Indian defense ministry in New Delhi disclosed Wednesday, March 31, that a military purchasing mission was in Israel recently to expedite the purchase of a large number of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs or drones) armed with missiles, for deployment on its front lines against Pakistan.

Indian sources did not disclose the size of the order placed with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) - running to hundreds of millions of dollars - but they made no secret of their intention to build up their fleet of reconnaissance and killer drones for a possible duel against US-armed Predators in the hands of Pakistani forces.
Islamabad is pushing Washington hard for strategic Predator drones, like those the US employs against al Qaeda and Taliban strongholds in Pakistan's tribal districts on the Afghan border.
From Israel, New Delhi has commissioned a few more drones of the Heron MALE (medium-altitude, long-endurance) type, as well as Searcher-II and Harpy `killer' drones designed to detect and destroy enemy radars by functioning like cruise missiles.
Our military sources report that their reconnaissance and targeting features are sought by India for its response should the Americans decide to let Pakistan have drones capable of firing AGM-114 Hellfire missiles. New Delhi made its order urgent after learning that Washington may deliver drones to Islamabad much sooner than Indian intelligence had foreseen.

Together with the drones, India also ordered from Israel advanced ground control systems and data terminals for their operation.
The visiting Indian delegation also discussed the possible introduction of Israeli Harop `killer' UAVs to the Indian Air Force from 2011. These drones can loiter six hours over targets on ground, sea or dense urban areas and strike them from different angles. The visitors checked on the progress of the DRDO unmanned gunship helicopter, a joint Indian-Israeli project on commission for both their air forces, which is under construction at an Israeli aerospace industry plant. India is going half-and-half with Israel in the costs of developing and production of the innovative helicopter.

DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

We are also discussing the purchase of the HAROP killer UAV's .

Which are essentially Kamekazi UAV's.

Our Current fleet streamline is over 300 Unmanned aircraft, with this order, that number may go well over 400. and not include combat units as well.

Oh so i see that the Unreliable sources you mentioned a few posts back are now your sources.

You cant have it both ways you know. Admit they are trust worthy sources or don't quote them

At least you can see our well documented attempts at developing systems unlike others i could name.

It still remains we are moving ahead with our plans, regardless of such incidents

But non of them went down due to technical Problem, Exept for the last manufactured by IAI..... And Our media is bold Enough to showcase our failurese, unlike some who only hide failures from the world, and pretend as if no failures...

Oh so i see that the Unreliable sources you mentioned a few posts back are now your sources.

You cant have it both ways you know. Admit they are trust worthy sources or don't quote them

At least you can see our well documented attempts at developing systems unlike others i could name.

It still remains we are moving ahead with our plans, regardless of such incidents
For indian news everybody will contact indian news agencies.

For Pakistani news eveybody will contact Pakistani news agencies.

Its simple logic.....

I never called Indian sources unreliable if the news is related to India.

All Pakistanis should face the realities. Indian UAVs are much ahead of Pakistanis.

BTW which of these UAVs hit a coconut tree. :lol:

not just coconut tree it can also hit the lahore karachi port and ur nuclear sites :sniper::sniper: in case of war ..................

THE DAY WILL COME WHEN WE GET OUR HANDS ON THIS ONE, UNTIL THEN EVERY ONE CAN LAUGH

Predator-c-avenger-5.jpg

:taz::taz:

@connanxlrc,

If i am NOT blind i can see the light ANYTIME.

But No Point to talk, if i am used to Close my eyes and trumpet its dark.

Do you think 120 MKIs are winnable by 20 F16s?

The Edge will always exist in the Indian favor, but they wont accept now, they wont accept then.

Remember... Arihant and Agosta Talk....

@connanxlrc,

If i am NOT blind i can see the light ANYTIME.

But No Point to talk, if i am used to Close my eyes and trumpet its dark.

Do you think 120 MKIs are winnable by 20 F16s?

The Edge will always exist in the Indian favor, but they wont accept now, they wont accept then.

Remember... Arihant and Agosta Talk....

what isz your point dude i am lost can u bee straight :coffee:

That we are already much superior, but They wont accept it.

They wont accept it Then.

Lets do whats in our interest while they enjoy Day Dreaming.

A trooper displays the remains of a AIM-9L Sidewinder Air-to-Air Missile (AAM).

OpParakram2002-IAF-UAV-Wreck11_t.jpg

Remains of the AIM-9L seeker that is suspected to have downd the UAV.

FT0133487_t.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom