What's new

Indian UAV Downed in China

lcloo

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
An Indian UAV was downed when it flew into Chinese air space today. Xinhua News.

印无人飞行器侵中方领空坠毁 我边防部队识别查证

新华社成都12月7日电(记者于晓泉)西部战区联合参谋部作战局副局长张水利7日就印度无人飞行器侵入中方领空并坠毁发表谈话。

他说,近日,一架印度无人飞行器侵入中方领空并坠毁。印方此举侵犯了中国领土主权,我们对此表示强烈不满和反对。中国边防部队采取专业和负责任的态度,对该装置进行了识别查证。我们将扎实履行职责使命,坚决捍卫国家主权安全。

Last edited:
The article stated that an Indian UAV had crossed into Chinese airspace and crashed. Nowhere does it say that it was "shot down".

China shot down an Indian UAV that flew into Chinese air space today. Xinhua News.

印无人飞行器侵中方领空坠毁 我边防部队识别查证

他说,近日,一架印度无人飞行器侵入中方领空并坠毁。印方此举侵犯了中国领土主权,我们对此表示强烈不满和反对。中国边防部队采取专业和负责任的态度,对该装置进行了识别查证。我们将扎实履行职责使命,坚决捍卫国家主权安全。
Quad copter or Military drone ? please confirm !

Supposed to be QC, India has no guts to start a Doklam II by sending Israeli Heron type drone.

The article stated that an Indian UAV had crossed into Chinese airspace and crashed. Nowhere does it say that it was "shot down".
I think it's pretty obvious the UAV was shot down ... unless Indian UAVs were that poor quality? For obvious political reasons, the Chinese wouldn't want to use the phrase "shot down", and instead say that it "crashed" as to avoid controversy. I recall that in late 2016, a Chinese S2A shot down an Myanmar Mig 21 that had intruded into Chinese airspace but the former denied it despite footage evidence. Reason? Simple. China wants to minimize the implications of a shoot down in order to still maintain political relationships. Besides, I read some where that the Chinese police had anti-drone guns so shooting a poorly constructed Indian one shouldn't be too difficult ...

No one know now. Both options are possible.
A military drone would be more difficult to shoot down I suppose ...

I think it's pretty obvious the UAV was shot down ... unless Indian UAVs were that poor quality? For obvious political reasons, the Chinese wouldn't want to use the phrase "shot down", and instead say that it "crashed" as to avoid controversy. I recall that in late 2016, a Chinese S2A shot down an Myanmar Mig 21 that had intruded into Chinese airspace but the former denied it despite footage evidence. Reason? Simple. China wants to minimize the implications of a shoot down in order to still maintain political relationships. Besides, I read some where that the Chinese police had anti-drone guns so shooting a poorly constructed Indian one shouldn't be too difficult ...

A military drone would be more difficult to shoot down I suppose ...

If the official news said it was crashed, we better not explain it by ourself before more reliable informations are posted.

If the official news said it was crashed, we better not explain it by ourself before more reliable informations are posted.
How do you crash a drone unless on purpose? DJI drones are quite reliable, the only way it 'crashed' if it was manhandled by the IA or shot down by Chinese lasers.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201712/07/WS5a28b435a310fcb6fafd2bf6.html

A drone operated by India recently crashed within Chinese territory, Zhang Shuili, an officer with the joint staff department in the Western Theater of the People’s Liberation Army, said on Thursday.

“This action by India has undermined China’s territorial sovereignty. We express our strong dissatisfaction and opposition,” he said.

Chinese border troops had examined and identified the drone professionally and responsibly, Zhang said, adding: “We will adamantly fulfill our duty and protect the security of national sovereignty.”

[chinese ver from sina.com]:
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/china/2017-12-07/doc-ifypnqvn0865845.shtml

Last edited:
Third thread on this. Merging needed.

It's not that Simple...

This is the English ver release from china official spokesman via formal media.
The title of the other thread is wrong since it conflicts with official release, hence we can't let it stay there without proper source referenced.

Just because it's earlier doesn't mean we should leave a fake title there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom