What's new

Indian troops storm hotel, end siege in central Srinagar

Roby

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian troops storm hotel, end siege in central Srinagar

SRINAGAR: Commandoes stormed a hotel in Indian-administered Kashmir on Thursday where two militants had been holed up for nearly 24 hours, killing the gunmen and bringing an end to the siege.

The four-storey hotel in Srinagar, the summer capital of the volatile Himalayan region, was on fire before police announced both the extremists had been killed in a morning assault by security forces.

The gunmen had taken refuge in the hotel on Wednesday after throwing grenades and opening fire in Srinagar’s main market area. One police officer was killed in the attack and one bystander succumbed to his injuries Thursday.

“The operation as far as we are concerned is over,” Kuldeep Khuda, the state police chief, told reporters at the scene.

A militant group, Jamiat-ul-Mujahedin, said it was behind the assault.

Overnight, police fired teargas to disperse scores of pro-militant Kashmiri youths who threw stones at security forces, chanting “Kashmiri Mujahedeen, we are with you” and “We want freedom”.

Khuda said the police had cleared the building from top floor before encountering and killing the first militant early Thursday.

“The other terrorist tried to set the building on fire... and he tried to make his escape but he was shot down,” Khuda said.

Wednesday’s assault came as Indian Kashmir’s chief minister marked his first year in office by pledging to slash the security force presence in the region if violence continued to decline. —AFP

I am waiting for a conspiracy theory .......

I think it would go like this.." This is a dram staged by RAW ..:oops:..to make sure that India is able to maintain their Army Presence In Kashmir..:lol:.. They have no intention of reducing Army in Kashmir....so they staged this drama of first withdrawing the troops..and then came this attack..which will force Kashmiris to let the army stay....:hitwall:"

Hope I was creative enough like other Pakistani Drink Tanks ....oops sorry...Think Tanks (Not targeted towards people on this forum...)....

Last edited:
Dude, you should be more respectful the way you address senior members of the forum. Members of Think Tank have been around for much longer than us with many of them being ex-military personnel.

May be they would come out with a theory which we would see as a conspiracy theory, but that doesn't warrant name calling and derogatory references.

Have I disrespected anyone here on this forum......I am talking about people who propagate Conspiracy theories in General....
No offence towards people on this forum.

I dont really understand the point of this strategy of sending 1 or 2 brainwashed poor uneducated fellows to create violence in the valley every now and then.Ofcourse a militant has the advantage of element of surprise.Then its the same old story.He assaults,he runs,he hides in a building,Security forces cordon off the area and force him to come out just to be butchered.I mean where does this strategy of the militants in Kashmir lead to??? Do they think that,one fine morning the Indian security forces will decide,"Ok..now thats enough,cant fight anymore,lets just get da hell out....:rofl:."..Ohh cmon.. gimme a break.. that thing doesnt even happen in full scale war,where the losses r much more.Now ofcourse the loss of lives of even 1 or 2 jawans is a national loss,but that definitely is not going to make the Indian security forces change their plans.:yahoo:

I dont really understand the point of this strategy of sending 1 or 2 brainwashed poor uneducated fellows to create violence in the valley every now and then.Ofcourse a militant has the advantage of element of surprise.Then its the same old story.He assaults,he runs,he hides in a building,Security forces cordon off the area and force him to come out just to be butchered.I mean where does this strategy of the militants in Kashmir lead to??? Do they think that,one fine morning the Indian security forces will decide,"Ok..now thats enough,cant fight anymore,lets just get da hell out....:rofl:."..Ohh cmon.. gimme a break.. that thing doesnt even happen in full scale war,where the losses r much more.Now ofcourse the loss of lives of even 1 or 2 jawans is a national loss,but that definitely is not going to make the Indian security forces change their plans.:yahoo:

They are not there to take on the army or to fight a full scale war. Their actions are designed to remind Indians and the world that certain Kashmiris want independence. I cannot agree with their actions but I likewise cannot turn a blind eye to their call.

Have I disrespected anyone here on this forum......I am talking about people who propagate Conspiracy theories in General....
No offence towards people on this forum.

In that case, my bad...! Apologies. I will delete my post.

The keywords are - 'poor uneducated brainwashed fellows' - nobody cares for them - not their masters, not indian security forces, not their god.

just pawns.

Good riddance though for everyone, they as easily could have become suicide bombers targetting pakistani civilians.

Last edited:
don't you think the Game has no charm ...

600000 Cats & Dogs

2 Rats ..

:azn:

Don't you think you can contribute in a better fashion here than trying to flame a thread?

Btw I would say we will play the game as we want to. Fun or not its effective. Atleast we havent had anything like a mumbai recently. Also what happened to P.A's cats and dogs, I bet there are not more than a couple of hundread rats in your country but despite a very large number of P.A's cats and dogs you arent able to stop the mass bombings. :angry:

@topic

Two of our soilders were martyred :( and the siege also took very long. We have been dealing with these types of situations for a very long time yet I dont know why isnt there an effective doctrine in place so that these situation get resolved sooner then they do. I agree that collateral damage is a very big problem in these situations but two terrorists holding a hotel for so long makes the armed forces look bad.

Our soldiers need some special training to face these situations. I have to say that we are still not capable to handle these type of combat. Sooner the better if we take some training from some experienced hands such as Israel.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom