What's new

Indian student brutally attacked in Germany

The question is, why would anyone threaten to convert someone and then cut their tongue? Hardly a recipe for successful conversions.

The act of cutting the tongue suggests that there was likely some kind of significant verbal argument between them.

Sort of like "I'll wash your mouth out with soap" or "I'll cut your tongue out".

More information is needed here.

Don't strain yourself: people wallowing in anti-Muslim hatred can't be expected to think rationally.

Rise of neo-Nazis in Germany seven decades after the downfall of the Third Reich - Mirror Online

NeoNazi attacks on migrants have been on the rise throughout Europe, especially Germany,

Once again, there is ZERO evidence for this guy's allegations.

You are pointing your fingers to Neo-Nazis and here is what the police investigators feel -

Police investigators believe the man's story to be credible and also believe that the incident could indeed have been the work of Islamists.

We will take our pick - Developereo from Australia vs local police investigators

But did you read further? There is a pattern here. So hold off on passing your judgement mate.

Yes, I read the full article.

There is nothing in there about these guys running around demanding people to convert and slashing their tongues.

By this logic, since some group robbed banks, then every crime from now on, can be implicitly blamed on them without proof.

neo-nazis asking him to convert to Islam :woot: :lol:

Duh!

You think criminals might make up bullsh!t excuses just to attack their victim?

With the Islamic angle, they kill two birds with one stone: attack one migrant and malign another group of migrants.

You are pointing your fingers to Neo-Nazis and here is what the police investigators feel -

Police investigators believe the man's story to be credible and also believe that the incident could indeed have been the work of Islamists.

We will take our pick - Developereo from Australia vs local police investigators

What part of "NO witnesses" is hard to understand?

Is there CCTV footage? Anything?

Just some guys with beards (anyone can buy a clip-on beard).

Yes, I read the full article.
There is nothing in there about these guys running around demanding people to convert and slashing their tongues.
By this logic, since some group robbed banks, then every crime from now on, can be implicitly blamed on them without proof.
Duh!
You think criminals might make up bullsh!t excuses just to attack their victim?
With the Islamic angle, they kill two birds with one stone: attack one migrant and malign another group of migrants.
I agree that we should wait for investigation to complete. But one can't deny victim's statement.

Rise of Neo-Nazism may be a reason, but a huge may be. Its like if any police person attacked in Chattisgarh is put on Maoists in India. Even if he says he had been attacked by some local thugs on orders of some businessman.

I can take your argument as one possibility but can't take it as only possibility.

The question is, why would anyone threaten to convert someone and then cut their tongue? Hardly a recipe for successful conversions.
The act of cutting the tongue suggests that there was likely some kind of significant verbal argument between them.
Sort of like "I'll wash your mouth out with soap" or "I'll cut your tongue out".
More information is needed here.
A fanatic might not be most intelligent or even average intelligent. That's why he might become a fanatic. :D

I agree that we should wait for investigation to complete. But one can't deny victim's statement.

Rise of Neo-Nazism may be a reason, but a huge may be. Its like if any police person attacked in Chattisgarh is put on Maoists in India. Even if he says he had been attacked by some local thugs on orders of some businessman.

I can take your argument as one possibility but can't take it as only possibility.

I don't doubt for one second that his story is true in that that's what happened to him.

All I am saying is that this could just as easily be a couple of neo-Nazis with clip-on beards. It could be salafists, but it makes no sense that they would stop random people on the street and demand that they convert on the spot.

A fanatic might not be most intelligent or even average intelligent. That's why he might become a fanatic. :D

That is very true.

Though I think cutting the tongue has symbolism. As if they had got into an argument previous to that, and they thought that something he said was offensive or blasphemous etc.

Cutting the tongue is very rare in typical attacks.

I think we should wait for investigation to complete or more detailed release by the German police. Its too early to take anything as certain.

May be something personal is also involved here.

Unlikely.

The Spiegel report says that police have no suspects, which means the victim couldn't identify his attackers, which means he probably didn't know them and it was a random attack.

So, we have alleged salafists roaming the streets of Berlin demanding random strangers to convert to Islam on the spot or have their tongue cut out.

Right!

That is very true.
Though I think cutting the tongue has symbolism. As if they had got into an argument previous to that, and they thought that something he said was offensive or blasphemous etc.
Cutting the tongue is very rare in typical attacks.
Symbolism might be a reason but I liked one poster's argument much better. They cut his tongue so that he can't tell what happened. :lol:

Symbolism might be a reason but I liked one poster's argument much better. They cut his tongue so that he can't tell what happened. :lol:

That lends further credibility to the argument that the were simply just stupid. :no:

Very interesting and probable! "Converting to Islam" was NEVER on the agenda of the perpetrators to begin with. We all know that.

What part of "NO witnesses" is hard to understand?

Is there CCTV footage? Anything?

Just some guys with beards (anyone can buy a clip-on beard).

Do not rule out the salafists is what I am suggesting and not pass a judgement - There is no need for the victim who lost his tongue to lie or for the police to believe the story to be credible. T

Very interesting and probable! "Converting to Islam" was NEVER on the agenda of the perpetrators to begin with. We all know that.
You seems to be quite sure. Where were you last night ? :azn:

Unlikely.

The Spiegel report says that police have no suspects, which means the victim couldn't identify his attackers, which means he probably didn't know them and it was a random attack.

So, we have alleged salafists roaming the streets of Berlin demanding random strangers to convert to Islam on the spot or have their tongue cut out.

Right!

That is probably false. Its a story to defame islam.

That would make the salafist angle more credible, but this is what the victim himself said:

Indian Student in Bonn Has Tongue Cut in Possible Religious Attack - SPIEGEL ONLINE

According to the victim, he was approached by two men who asked him what his religion was before demanding that he convert to Islam. Otherwise, the men said, he was an infidel and his tongue would have to be cut out.

There's nothing here about an argument; the tongue cutting was a pre-ordained punishment for being in infidel.

The whole episode seems too caricatured.

I agree we should wait for police investigation, but the media has already scored the points they wanted with these allegations.

Do not rule out the salafists is what I am suggesting and not pass a judgement - There is no need for the victim who lost his tongue to lie or for the police to believe the story to be credible. T

I am not saying the victim is lying. He genuinely believed them to be salafists, which doesn't mean that they actually were.

Back
Top Bottom