What's new

Indian Stealth Bomber No Longer a Secret

Lol, I'm next to sure you meant that as a joke...but it doesn't look at least "similar" to certain American designs?

Just that the "American" designs are based on German designs from the Horton aircrafts. The similarity comes from similar development aims wrt reduce the RCS and besides that this is still might not be an official graphic, most UCAVs that are currently under developments have the same similarties, since they are developed with the same aims again. Even most stealth fighters share similar shapings, while the changes come from different requirements again (single or twin engine, designed to be a strike fighter mainly (F35), or for air combats (F22), designed to have long range (Pak Fa / FGFA, possibly J20), or simply beeing a lighter stealth fighter for point defence roles, like some Swedish or S. Korean designs. But with the main aim of a very low RCS, there MUST be similarities and with the same aims of UCAVs, their design will be more than similar as well, no matter if US, Russian, Chinese, European, or Indian.

I got a great idea, let's take a picture of American hardware and label it "indigenous"

Please, if you lined up the MIG SKAT, NEURON, X-47 and AURA you'd have a hard time telling the differences between them. It is not a case of copying rather similar solutions for a similar problem. I guess you would say everyone has ripped off the Wright Beothers design for a wing?!!

projects like this ,lca etc doesn't comes under DRDO Budget,they have independent budgets i think

Ya thats true, I just spotted the part in the article about the separate 1.5 billion USD budget for this project.

Thank you!

By the way its DRDO,not DRDON'T

I like the American Indian naming convention, eg names like
Bear Killer, horse whisperer etc
:cheesy:

Not a copy, h? Wtf do you want to say? Innovative design? Indigenous design?

Its armaments are guided bombs used for surgical strikes.

Please, google "bomber" before you come up with statements trying convince me that a single engine UAV armed with two, PGMs can be called a "bomber", unless of course DRDO has chosen to change the English dictionary.

Just that the "American" designs are based on German designs from the Horton aircrafts.

Flying wing designs go back much further, there were many before Horten. Both Horten and Northrop took inspiration from earlier designs most notably a 1871 design by a Frenchmen named Alphonse Penaud. Alphonse Penaud's design only flew a 141 feet since it was limited by the inadequate thrust developed by engines available at the time. Depressed by constant ridicule Alphonse Penaud killed himself at the young age of 30.

Please, google "bomber" before you come up with statements trying convince me that a single engine UAV armed with two, PGMs can be called a "bomber", unless of course DRDO has chosen to change the English dictionary.

I agree the statement is a bit too much.

Any airplane that drops bombs can be called a bomber, as per the English Dictionary, period.

The exact armament capacity has not been revealed by any official source except in some Computer-Graphic models from a LiveFist blogger called Shiv Aroor taking cues from some early DRDO statements and releases. It could be 2 x 2000lb PGMs or 4 x smaller PGMs.

Just that the "American" designs are based on German designs from the Horton aircrafts. The similarity comes from similar development aims wrt reduce the RCS and besides that this is still might not be an official graphic, most UCAVs that are currently under developments have the same similarties, since they are developed with the same aims again. Even most stealth fighters share similar shapings, while the changes come from different requirements again (single or twin engine, designed to be a strike fighter mainly (F35), or for air combats (F22), designed to have long range (Pak Fa / FGFA, possibly J20), or simply beeing a lighter stealth fighter for point defence roles, like some Swedish or S. Korean designs. But with the main aim of a very low RCS, there MUST be similarities and with the same aims of UCAVs, their design will be more than similar as well, no matter if US, Russian, Chinese, European, or Indian.

Wrong. All planes were based on Wright Brothers' first flight prototype. You are all copycats of Americans.

Ya thats true, I just spotted the part in the article about the separate 1.5 billion USD budget for this project.

More money for corruption. Woohoo.

Lol I can't believe that is the premier Indian defence research organisation. Didn't they invent any machine yet to keep some babbling mouths shut???? :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom