What's new

Indian Spy Satellites

Moreover, even if he is a Chinese, I'm sure the world's fastest growing economy and a country with such a great culture as China has far more sensible people than Mr. 'peaceful' here.

just want to avoid the following misunderstanding:

1. we never believe our culture are such "great". a lot Chinese people believe we have a long history and our unique culture, but at the same time, we also carry the heavy luggage of such culture and history.

this is the major difference: indians believe everything in india is great, Chinese are in general not happy about the current situation and believe everything have problems to be addressed and rooms to be improved.

2. please call me Dr. Peaceful. I eared my Dr. title by hard working and I am entitled to use it whenever possible.

thanks.

@Indians:

Relax! No need to bring China into this. Mr. Peaceful could be a Pakistani or something for all we know.

Moreover, even if he is a Chinese, I'm sure the world's fastest growing economy and a country with such a great culture as China has far more sensible people than Mr. 'peaceful' here.

So just coooooooooooooooooooooooooool down!

I request everyone to not indulge in needless China bashing.

I think he is a Pakistani and must be a dual ID of someone. Just trolling in every India related thread where he can't bring Pakistan to troll.

indians believe everything in india is great,

No my dear. Indians believe 'everything' and 'everyone' in the world is great.

I do not know about Chinese people but I believe that all peoples and countries are great and so is China and its people.

In fact, I believe even you are great.

just want to avoid the following misunderstanding:

1. we never believe our culture are such "great". a lot Chinese people believe we have a long history and our unique culture, but at the same time, we also carry the heavy luggage of such culture and history.

this is the major difference: indians believe everything in india is great, Chinese are in general not happy about the current situation and believe everything have problems to be addressed and rooms to be improved.

2. please call me Dr. Peaceful. I eared my Dr. title by hard working and I am entitled to use it whenever possible.

thanks.

Oh, my god - what a swollen headed prick! Doctorate in trolling, I presume? Do Chinese universities give that degree too nowadays?

Or did you purchase a fake certificate in the back alleys of Shanghai?

India to launch series of military satellites
(sorry if it is posted earlier)

India to launch series of military satellites
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency

New Delhi, Oct 9, IRNA -- India plans to launch a series of indigenously built military satellites with surveillance, imaging and navigation capabilities to keep a watch on its neighbourhood and help guide cruise missiles, a top defence scientist said Saturday.

'There will be a series of (defence) satellites. I cannot give you the numbers because they are classified,' pti reported quoting V K Saraswat, Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister as said in Bangalore, capital city of South Indian State of Karnataka.

'Each year, you will find one or two satellites going up,' added the Secretary, Defence R & D and Director General of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

Mostly, these satellites are dedicated to different defence applications and would have payloads which are for surveillance, imaging, navigation and communication.

'You should be able to see with very high resolution and precision the movements of troops and things like that (in the neighbourhood),' Saraswat said. 'You should be able to see what are the new buildings and new facilities which have come up'.

India would be able to send data and commands through these satellites to cruise missiles. 'So it will have tremendous applications', he said.

These defence satellites would be indigenously built and launched from home soil only given the 'security sensitivity', Saraswat stressed.

'The Army, Navy and Air Force each have their own requirement and it won't be appropriate to say how many each of them would need, due to security considerations,' Saraswat said.

India has taken up development and launch of these defence satellites under its space-based surveillance programme, which has a road-map for setting up satellites for all applications for the Army, Navy and Air Force, he said.

'Now, this road-map has been given to the Department of Space and the Department of Space is taking its own schedule for launching these satellites. We have only one Department of Space and we have huge requirements...,' he said.

Saraswat said India has already launched some satellites under this programme.

2160**1432
Islamic Republic News Agency/IRNA NewsCode: 30010087

India plans two rocket launches in December - India - DNA
(sorry if posted earlier)
India plans two rocket launches in December
Published: Wednesday, Nov 3, 2010, 15:24 IST
Place: Bangalore | Agency: PTI

India is planning two rocket launches next month that would carry on board home-made communication and remote sensing satellites, along with a Russian payload and a Singaporean micro spacecraft.

The first to go up would be a geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle (GSLV), carrying GSAT-5 Prime, a communication satellite, to augment communication services vis-à-vis TV, broadcasting and telecommunications.

The GSAT-5P is equipped with 24 normal C-band transponders and 12 extended C-band transponders.
Sources in the Bangalore-headquartered Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said that GSAT-5P, with a mission life of 12 years, is slated to be launched in the second week of December.

As of now, the space agency is looking at December 10 as the likely launch date.

Top ISRO officials are meeting on November 10 in the spaceport of Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh, from where the twin launches would take place, to review the upcoming GSLV mission and firm up the date.

Preparations are also in full swing for the launch of the PSLV-C16 which would carry on board India's advanced remote sensing satellite Resourcesat-2 and auxiliary spacecraft of Youthsat and X-sat, expected towards the end of December.

Resourcesat-2 is intended to replace Resourcesat-1, launched in October 2003, which has outlived its designed mission life of five years but continues to work satisfactorily, ISRO sources said.

"Resourcesat-2 is a follow on mission to Resourcesat-1 to provide data continuity. Suitable changes including miniaturisation in payload electronics have been incorporated in Resourcesat-2", an ISRO official told Press Trust of India.

Resourcesat's images are being used for advanced applications such as vegetation dynamics, crop yield estimates and disaster management support.

Youthsat, a micro satellite, is a participatory scientific mission with one payload from Russia and two from India, carrying scientific payloads with participation from universities at graduate, postgraduate and research scholar level. The universities would participate from testing of the payloads in laboratory to the utilisation of the data.

Participation of young scientists is intended to inculcate interest in space-related activities and provide opportunities for realisation of future scientific payloads at the university level.

X-sat is the first locally made satellite in Singapore. It is designed and built by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in the city-state.

@xinix- really nice job brother.:tup:

No doubt India has lot more than the world actually knows.

just a thought - why arent we using these to track the militants in the border areas?? or are we already doing it??....just curious.

1465.gif

Probably we have to develop more before getting hand on tracking personnel by our satellite because human body from up is around 1/3 of one meter. Hence we would have to develop satellite able to track thing of one feet.

By the way Nice post though, I appreciate this.

Thanks to xinix!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

We will be launching a indigenous sat next year with chinese help (SLV)and 2 more in next 2 years..... woking on SLV.

by counter measures I mean - what kind of steps are being taken to stop these "eyes" from looking at you? sure you can put your own space assets but how are u denying them the advantage that they have or atleast reducing the advantage?

^^^ Lots of information about India's military satellite programme. Look like the forth coming naval satellite costs too much ie $ 212 million while CCI-sat costs only $ 25 million and other communication satellites launched by the ISRO. I think the naval satellite has much more capabilities than just netcentric warfare. OCEANSAT-2 can has capability to detect submarines underwater.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom