What's new

Indian Special Forces

these models are shwon in R day, but why did they cancel the parade of marcos??
that AK needs ot be replaced.
Hope we will see them again on R day parade. Thats a good but need to be replaced. They have modified the aks by attacking railing system and using MARs red dot sights on them. The pic i posted is quite old tough. That aks dont have accessories.

Yes bro i have seen marcos on the boats few times on the trucks which we see in R day parade used to carry scale models. Not actual parade but on this type of models u can see AKs and NEGEV lmg down there.
D-760.jpg
AFAIK this is a pretty old pic

I think nsg should merge With the army sf so that they could b modelled in line of delta force purely for hostage rescue anti terrorist op and covert ops around the world.some portion of nsg have to be made available for domestic counter terrorism and covert ops with the ib.and they have to be extensively trained in close quarter and other tactics used by the army sf..at the same time we can raise swat like team trained by nsg group set for firsthand counter to terrorist .and if the needs arises nsg set for domestic purpose can come to the rescue of swats..they should actively hunt and pursue the terrorist with ib and other intelligence assets.we should not wait for something to happen and then to take action using nsg.we r not utillizing the force well.. its like they are waiting the whole damn year for some terrorist attack to happen and then to take the chrge..i say y not kill those terrorist before something to happen by hunting them everywhere that way we can use the force well

Last edited:
I think nsg should merge With the army sf so that they could b modelled in line of delta force purely for hostage rescue anti terrorist op and covert ops around the world.
No.

The NSG is a sylvan counter terror force for internal CT operations, the Military SF are, rightly, separate and for external missions.

In the US Delta force is not meant to be used internally, for that there is the FBI HRT that can be compared to the NSG in role and operational duties.

and they have to be extensively trained in close quarter and other tactics used by the army sf.

All military SFs in India are.

at the same time we can raise swat like team trained by nsg group set for firsthand counter to terrorist

Lol, so replace the NSG by SWAT teams trained by the NSG? What is the point in that??

.we r not utillizing the force well

This is good news, if the NSG were being used every week there would be something very wrong going on in India as they are only used for the most extreme situations and thus if they were being utilised more that would mean India was effectively under siege.

its like they are waiting the whole damn year for some terrorist attack to happen and then to take the chrge
This is exactly their role, this is the point in having a last line of defence- you hope they never have to be used but they are ready and waiting should they be required.

This is the entire point of units like the NSG, GSG-9, HRT, GIGN etc

.i say y not kill those terrorist before something to happen by hunting them everywhere that way we can use the force well

Well this would be ideal but the fact that the majority of such scumbags enjoy the overt protection of India's Western neighbour makes this rather impossible. But if that were to be tasked to a unit that would be the responsibility of the military SFs, the NSG is tasked with internal hostage rescue/CT duties that is all, they are not required to be trained in "snatch" or "kill" missions.

A few side notes:

- India's "Delta force" would be Special Group who have effectively been raised along the lines of Delta and are recruited from the best of the best SF operators in India and function directly under R&AW.
- Why India doesn't aggressively go after terrorist masterminds before they attack India is more to do with a lack of political will and other geopolitical considerations and not because the Indian military doesn't have the capability to do so.

ol, so replace the NSG by SWAT teams trained by the NSG? What is the point in that??
Well buddy i guess u did not read my post carefully.i did not say replace nsg by swat.i said just train the swat like nsg..so that the swat will be the first actor in case of any terror attack.and if the attack is big enough thn we can use the nsg set for domestic operations.

This is good news, if the NSG were being used every week there would be something very wrong going on in India as they are only used for the most extreme situations and thus if they were being utilised more that would mean India was effectively under siege
I know they are used for the most extreme situation..u dont need a 1500 strong sag for extreme situations.i kno india is big but if we train some swat like team on the line of nsg that much sag wont b required.say 500 of them should b used for snatch and kill outside the border ,dedicated hostage rescue like the army sf do.that wud also help the army sf to add like another battalion hence i said they shoud b brought under army command..and this special battalion will be a dedicated anti terroist, hostage rescue team for the army.and the rest 1000 sag can do the domestic operation.from this 1000 sag lets put few man on the ground inside our borders to pursue the terrorists and rest will b on standby for extreme situations...just my opinion

- India's "Delta force" would be Special Group who have effectively been raised along the lines of Delta and are recruited from the best of the best SF operators in India and function directly under R&AW.
- Why India doesn't aggressively go after terrorist masterminds before they attack India is more to do with a lack of political will and other geopolitical considerations and not because the Indian military doesn't have the capability to do so
I dont kno how sg operates nobody knows.they should have killed those killers sitting along the western border by now but they did not..but i guess most of their operation are still in kashmir ..they need to expand their area of work..they are very capable hence should utillize it..and our political leaders should rethink it now..

[video]

Modi's convoy in Canada.

Don't you think that's it's an extremely long convoy!
That's the motorcade for both the PM of Canada (Mr Harper) and Modi, they were travelling to the same destination.

Does anyone have pics of itbp commandoes in afghanistan,their dressing ,kits etc,and how well they are trained..plz sshare

Does anyone have pics of itbp commandoes in afghanistan,their dressing ,kits etc,and how well they are trained..plz sshare
Even if anyone had such information I would be most unwise to share such information with anyone else, especially not online, especially not on this website.

The 2014 Herat consulate attack should have made this abundantly clear.

All we can surmise is they are very well trained and equipped for their role- their performance during said incident proves this beyond any doubt.

Even if anyone had such information I would be most unwise to share such information with anyone else, especially not online, especially not on this website.

The 2014 Herat consulate attack should have made this abundantly clear.

All we can surmise is they are very well trained and equipped for their role- their performance during said incident proves this beyond any doubt.
I understand.i just wanted to see a pic of itbp commandos .if u have any pics other thn those operationally deployed plz share and blurr the face.

10995379_369898946540074_855930842642983168_n.jpg

“Plan your next move as every step contributes towards achieving your goal”’An Indian Army training team during exercises.#IndianArmyTraining
Are those soldiers from sf or from infantry?i see insas with every soldier..and sf rarely use insas...,,which unit bro?

10995379_369898946540074_855930842642983168_n.jpg

“Plan your next move as every step contributes towards achieving your goal”’An Indian Army training team during exercises.#IndianArmyTraining

Are those soldiers from sf or from infantry?i see insas with every soldier..and sf rarely use insas...,,which unit bro?
These aren't SF but regular infantry.

I understand.i just wanted to see a pic of itbp commandos .if u have any pics other thn those operationally deployed plz share and blurr the face.
I don't have any such pics bro, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom