What's new

Indian Special Forces

PicsArt_08-25-09.22.28.jpg

NSG Commandos

What is it that you found insulting in my post? I am aware that few Garuds were posted in that air base being the first responders and I never questioned their capability. All I said was, if the operation was completely handled by Garuds instead of being an NSG op with relatively fewer Garuds involved, it would've brought them fame and Indian public would be more aware of other spec op teams like the Garuds and Marcos as all Indian media has focused on till now are the Para SF and NSG.

I know spec op teams don't need publicity and fame but that would've given them more operational experience and an opportunity to self-evaluate their strategies and drawbacks as a complete team instead of joint ops. It was only after 26/11 that NSG had a major revamp interms of strategies/equipment & gear as well as establishing NSG bases all across India
It's not about fame/admiration. Special Forces are national assets and are deployed according to the needs of the govt/nation, it was the Govt's decsion to deploy their premier CT force after recieving the relevent intel assesment and I think they made the right call- Pathankot is a HUGE airbase with 1000s of personel and their families, the worst case scenerio was that there would be multiple hostage situations and in that scenerio there is no one better than the NSG.

Addtional Garuds were flown in to cover the perimiter and protect the air assets on the ground but once the terrorists got inside the wall it was the NSG's job to hunt them down and they did it very well.

No other force in India is ready 24/7 with its gear packed and ready to be shipped out anywhere at a moment's notice. Not to mention the NSG's "ready teams" include medics, bomb techs and support staff along with the assualters. There is not a single other unit prepared like the NSG to be called in whenever wherever.

How do sf rotation take place in 50th Ind. Parachute Brigade ? Is it battalion level ?
AFAIK yes, PARA (SF) btns rotate between the 50th (Ind) Para Brigade, NE and Kashmir.

------------------------------
Somewhere in Kashmir, an NSG Sherpa assualt platform

digezaluwaaoxit-jpg.6681

I believe they said they'd reveal it 'tomorrow'...but it's been a month plus since then.

In short, what I'm saying is, I'll get excited only after I actually see it.
Don't put inverted comma on tomorrow because they never said it tomorrow. Beside it was one of their admin who first revealed the exclusive pics of Para SF helmet inside out on one Indian forum before Shatrujeet page was formed. He didn't watermark it at that time

That apart from few exclusive videos and Pics of LoC that went viral first posts by guys who are now admins of that page.

Lastly they will post it when they think it's about time not when others ask them to Post, i am telling this because i am a part of that team.

Whatever is promised will be posted.

Last edited:
AFAIK yes, PARA (SF) btns rotate between the 50th (Ind) Para Brigade, NE and Kashmir.

Not the old SF battalions right ? Never heard of 21 and 9 Para SF of rotating to 50th Ind because they have permanent bases. Even 2 Para SF has permanent base. Or is it just company level commitment ?

Back
Top Bottom