What's new

Indian Special Forces

Bro, this is just for the EOD guys in the NSG, that vest is too bulky for operators and is designed for bomb tech not assaulters similarly I doubt this helmet is for all NSG only for the EOD guys.
i didnt say this was for assualters i meant to say improved gear for NSG bomb squad forgot to mention bomb squad there :D.How can they use this much bulky vests.I was just saying that this is better than gear of NSG which they were using b4.so chill bro:P
1522451_610375982361420_622360918_o.jpg

25republic-day4.jpg

INDIAN ARMY PARA SF
575695_561119770620375_304095374_n.jpg

INDIAN AIR FORCE GARUDS SF

They are OFB made Sterlings, not Sten guns. And I also have no clue why they still use them

Jeez MP5 atleast. Comeon, you guys are a very rich force. Do some justice, these are important maritime assets. Not VIPs who can be disposed off ;)

Jeez MP5 atleast. Comeon, you guys are a very rich force. Do some justice, these are important maritime assets. Not VIPs who can be disposed off ;)

True, but maybe these are enough for hunting somali pirates and after all, these are just regular sailors and fighting CQBs is not their main job.

But you`re right, some MP5`s would be better suited.

True, but maybe these are enough for hunting somali pirates and after all, these are just regular sailors and fighting CQBs is not their main job.

But you`re right, some MP5`s would be better suited.

no mate they are our VBSS team.... i think they are now equipped with tavor.. CQB is their primary job....

no mate they are our VBSS team.... i think they are now equipped with tavor.. CQB is their primary job....

I know that they are part of VBSS teams. I was referring to the pics which state they are MARCOS.

And BTW, the guys you are referring to are neither MARCOS nor VBSS guys, they are from the SPB of the IN which are responsible for coastal security
%25253D%25253Futf-8%25253FB%25253FSU1HMDAzNzMtMjAxMjA3MjEtMTEwNy5qcGc%25253D%25253F%25253D-717801

I know that they are part of VBSS teams. I was referring to the pics which state they are MARCOS.

And BTW, the guys you are referring to are neither MARCOS nor VBSS guys, they are from the SPB of the IN which are responsible for coastal security
%25253D%25253Futf-8%25253FB%25253FSU1HMDAzNzMtMjAxMjA3MjEtMTEwNy5qcGc%25253D%25253F%25253D-717801
Bro, SPB's role is NOT coastal protection this is a misconception, that is the responsibility of the marine police, ICG and IN depending on distance from the Indian coast. You can't protect the Indian coastline with 2,000 men can you? Added to that why would the IN raise a force less able (they have short legged FICs only) than the ICG? Anyway the SPB's role is Force Protection for the Indian Navy. In that sense they protect all IN shore based assets and IN vessels when docked in India.

Bro, SPB's role is NOT coastal protection this is a misconception, that is the responsibility of the marine police, ICG and IN depending on distance from the Indian coast. You can't protect the Indian coastline with 2,000 men can you? Added to that why would the IN raise a force less able (they have short legged FICs only) than the ICG? Anyway the SPB's role is Force Protection for the Indian Navy. In that sense they protect all IN shore based assets and IN vessels when docked in India.

Fair enough :tup:, got the info from a 30 seconds wikipedia research ^^

Fair enough :tup:, got the info from a 30 seconds wikipedia research ^^
As you know yourself bro (post 3874) Wiki is HIGHLY inaccurate when it comes to Indian Mil. And to be fair i've seen a lot of Indian media outlets spewing this nonsense about the SPB being a coastal protection force but if you actually think about it that is so illogical.

Back
Top Bottom