What's new

Indian Special Forces

Marine Commandos in Mogadishu Somalia during Ops Muffet

1459874_394895643946336_864653431_n.jpg

gg.jpg

A Delhi police commando stands guard during the full dress rehearshal for the 67th Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort in New Delhi on August 13, 2013. Security has been increased in the Indian capital following inputs from Central Security agencies that allege that the Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Taiba terror group are planning to attack markets and government offices of strategic importance during the country's independence day celebrations which take place August 15. AFP PHOTO/ Prakash SINGH (Photo credit should read PRAKASH SINGH/AFP/Getty Images)
Date created:13 Aug 2013

Guys, just got back after a meet up with my uncle here in my Uni city. This is the same uncle who until recently served in the 7 PARA (Airborne). He is back in the UK for a month or so after going home to India in the summer. He had A LOT to say and some very juicy details/stories that he finally gave up (well a few) and I'll be writing these up soon but it's late here right now.

But I'll give you guys this one little anecdote. During his time in a QRT of RR in JK in 2007-9 (iI don't want to give an exact date, and frankly he refused to give me one also) he and his team had been called out to this remote village where a known Pakistani-trained militant was said to be holding up for a couple of nights. The RR teams and JK police cordoned the village in silence (it was night). The QRT travelled in a smallish convey of jeeps and 1 Stallion. The QRT was gearing up to make entry into the village to conduct a search of the village when the local RR commander told them to stand down. My uncle (who was 2IC of the QRT asked the commander what was up and got an answer back along the lines of "you'll see" with a wry smile). So they all waited around completely unsure of what was going on, a few minuets later they hear the faint sound of chopper blades and then suddenly (my uncle emphasised how sudden it was, apparently these AAC SQDs who support SOF ops fly literally at tree-top height!) 3 ALHs are on the scene, they did a couple of circles of the village (i'm told to assess the scene- they have maps but in these cases getting eyes on the target is essential) before they hovered low and men fast-roped into the village. Literally seconds later they were assaulting 2 particular huts. A few moments later they were coming out, one hut was empty the other had a family which was brought out and handed over to the police for questioning. The RR then did a thorough search of both houses (using CO2 detectors and sniffer dogs) before calling the huts clear and allowing the family to return. The men from the helos then swiftly returned to their helos (apprently the helos had to stack up in the air as there was only enough space for one ALH to land at a time). So whilst this was a bust of an op it was pretty cool nonetheless and really stuck with my Uncle as he said it was one of the more dramatic non-stater ops he'd ever been on!

Some points he mentioned but I didn't include in my narrative:

-Safe to assume these were PARA (SF) but my uncle didn't explicitly state this.
- The men from the helos were dressed in black with green/tan webbing/plate carriers, some wore balaclavas, some didn't.
-They carried Tavors and M4s (with Isreali RD sights).
- They had Oakley ballistic protection eyewear (my uncle was annoyed about this at the time as he had had to buy such pairs of glasses out of his own pocket the year before. Apparently he got a pair from the IA just before he was declared medically unfit as it is now the norm in PARA btns to get issued such eyewear.
-When the ALHs deployed the men, 1 circled over low and had 2 snipers sat on the skids holding neither Galil nor SVD sniper rifles (my uncle couldn't get a clear look at what the rifle was but he knew for a fact ti wasn't either of them).
- All the operators had NVGs but only single-tube.
- The guys didn't interact with the local police or RR- not even the QRT except for the officer commanding the unit who spoke to the local commander.
- none of the operators were wearing ranks/insignia/name tags (which is the norm in the RR these days) but were wearing badges indicating their blood types (this is actually common to those deployed in JK also).

Guys, just got back after a meet up with my uncle here in my Uni city. This is the same uncle who until recently served in the 7 PARA (Airborne). He is back in the UK for a month or so after going home to India in the summer. He had A LOT to say and some very juicy details/stories that he finally gave up (well a few) and I'll be writing these up soon but it's late here right now.

But I'll give you guys this one little anecdote. During his time in a QRT of RR in JK in 2007-9 (iI don't want to give an exact date, and frankly he refused to give me one also) he and his team had been called out to this remote village where a known Pakistani-trained militant was said to be holding up for a couple of nights. The RR teams and JK police cordoned the village in silence (it was night). The QRT travelled in a smallish convey of jeeps and 1 Stallion. The QRT was gearing up to make entry into the village to conduct a search of the village when the local RR commander told them to stand down. My uncle (who was 2IC of the QRT asked the commander what was up and got an answer back along the lines of "you'll see" with a wry smile). So they all waited around completely unsure of what was going on, a few minuets later they hear the faint sound of chopper blades and then suddenly (my uncle emphasised how sudden it was, apparently these AAC SQDs who support SOF ops fly literally at tree-top height!) 3 ALHs are on the scene, they did a couple of circles of the village (i'm told to assess the scene- they have maps but in these cases getting eyes on the target is essential) before they hovered low and men fast-roped into the village. Literally seconds later they were assaulting 2 particular huts. A few moments later they were coming out, one hut was empty the other had a family which was brought out and handed over to the police for questioning. The RR then did a thorough search of both houses (using CO2 detectors and sniffer dogs) before calling the huts clear and allowing the family to return. The men from the helos then swiftly returned to their helos (apprently the helos had to stack up in the air as there was only enough space for one ALH to land at a time). So whilst this was a bust of an op it was pretty cool nonetheless and really stuck with my Uncle as he said it was one of the more dramatic non-stater ops he'd ever been on!

Some points he mentioned but I didn't include in my narrative:

-Safe to assume these were PARA (SF) but my uncle didn't explicitly state this.
- The men from the helos were dressed in black with green/tan webbing/plate carriers, some wore balaclavas, some didn't.
-They carried Tavors and M4s (with Isreali RD sights).
- They had Oakley ballistic protection eyewear (my uncle was annoyed about this at the time as he had had to buy such pairs of glasses out of his own pocket the year before. Apparently he got a pair from the IA just before he was declared medically unfit as it is now the norm in PARA btns to get issued such eyewear.
-When the ALHs deployed the men, 1 circled over low and had 2 snipers sat on the skids holding neither Galil nor SVD sniper rifles (my uncle couldn't get a clear look at what the rifle was but he knew for a fact ti wasn't either of them).
- All the operators had NVGs but only single-tube.
- The guys didn't interact with the local police or RR- not even the QRT except for the officer commanding the unit who spoke to the local commander.
- none of the operators were wearing ranks/insignia/name tags (which is the norm in the RR these days) but were wearing badges indicating their blood types (this is actually common to those deployed in JK also).

Thts bs.... india blames JuD right... let me tell you the army has no links with them dude... if they were involved decades ago.. they probably trained themselves... without military support..

Thts bs.... india blames JuD right... let me tell you the army has no links with them dude... if they were involved decades ago.. they probably trained themselves... without military support..
Bro, this is just what I was told. Apparently though this was the intel they had. And this guy was from JK but had gone across the LoC in the 90s for training. He was a pretty senior scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom