What's new

Indian Special Forces

@Abingdonboy : SPG counter assault team ??? I didn't know SPG is supposed to do that. Isn't it the job of SAG ???

Yeah these guys have been around for ages. Their purpose is to provide time for the PM to be rushed away in case of attack. Ie the name- Counter Assualt, in case of an attack on the PM they would engage the threat and try and make time so the close protection team can get the PM away from danger. As such they are heavily armed and well protected.

NSG SAG are meant for hostage rescue and CT ops, SPG CAT is purely to protect the PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
225321_345378948900083_949822_n.jpg

Yeah these guys have been around for ages. Their purpose is to provide time for the PM to be rushed away in case of attack. Ie the name- Counter Assualt, in case of an attack on the PM they would engage the threat and try and make time so the close protection team can get the PM away from danger. As such they are heavily armed and well protected.

NSG SAG are meant for hostage rescue and CT ops, SPG CAT is purely to protect the PM.

Are you sure ???
As far as I know SPG never leave PM or anybody whom they guarding. They defend and withdraw to safety. No assault.

Or you mean to say close protection team is not SPG ???

Are you sure ???
As far as I know SPG never leave PM or anybody whom they guarding. They defend and withdraw to safety. No assault.

Or you mean to say close protection team is not SPG ???

Mate, the SPG has different wings/arms. There is the close protection team- the guys in the suits/safari suits closest to the PM at all times. Then there is the CAT (Counter Assualt Team) who protect the outer perimeter and are the ones decked out in combat gear. The job of the CAT is, in the event of an attack, put as much fire down-range, pin down the assaulters and draw fire away from the PM whilst the close protection team get the PM away to safety. This the entire point of the CAT- COUNTER ASSUALT!!

The SPG also has a Counter Sniper unit but this isn't relevant for this discussion.

The entire security of the PM is handled by the SPG, no one else.

Mate, the SPG has different wings/arms. There is the close protection team- the guys in the suits/safari suits closest to the PM at all times. Then there is the CAT (Counter Assualt Team) who protect the outer perimeter and are the ones decked out in combat gear. The job of the CAT is, in the event of an attack, put as much fire down-range, pin down the assaulters and draw fire away from the PM whilst the close protection team get the PM away to safety. This the entire point of the CAT- COUNTER ASSUALT!!

The SPG also has a Counter Sniper unit but this isn't relevant for this discussion.

The entire security of the PM is handled by the SPG, no one else.
Didn't know that much. Interested in counter sniper Unit. Where can I get the info ???

Off topic : Have you seen "Day of the Jackal" ??? Nice movie.

Thanks for the link
No mate, I can't say I have seen it! But I am quite adverse to watching films before 1991! Lol!

+ you won't find much on the SPG, understandably, they like to keep low-key and elusive.

No mate, I can't say I have seen it! But I am quite adverse to watching films before 1991! Lol!

+ you won't find much on the SPG, understandably, they like to keep low-key and elusive.

We can't find much about SPG is good thing for our PM and VVIPs :tup:

It's a very old but real classic

Back
Top Bottom