What's new

Indian Rupee dives a new record low against dollar

I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread but if i may draw your attention gentlemen (@BHarwana @Nilgiri @Robinhood Pandey ), there is a direct relation of certain imports that decide the state of currency in India atleast.
our problem of purchase of crude and obsession with gold are two of the biggest factors that affect value of INR. Whilst there is little government can do to satiate thirst of gold, several long term steps have been taken to offset this cyclic shocks arising out of oil. First we are going for massive 41000 km of Railway electrification which will cut down diesel bill by atleast 15000 crores (~2 billion) for single customer viz Indian Railways. This work will finish by 2022 with annual targets already being surpassed.
Second, Newer railway lines (most prominently Dedicated Freight corridors) are being worked upon at frantic pace to remove massive amount of trucks from the roads which will again cut down on diesel bill by atleast 2% at current prices.
Third agriculture sector (II biggest oil consumer in India) is being given encouragement for use of electricity as far as possible. This includes investment in clean energy and laying new electricity lines.

It is a bitter truth for all oil importing countries that crude prices will badly impact economies and in recent memory Trump administration's hawkish stance at strengthening Dollar has had a multiplicative effect on currency of several countries, India being one of them. Embargo on Iran and Venezuela haven't helped things either.
But trust me sooner of later countries will device methods and means to reduce this shock and hopefully we will hear lesser such stories.
to summarize as market analysts say, Let Currency find its own feet and ground based on economic conditions, political support is generally ad-hoc and only weakens economy in long run.

Asia's worst performing currency Indian Rupee declining further to 72.90 just 0.10 Paisa away from 73 barrier.

Every day the troubles of Indian economy is growing.
This is very sad and very bad. :(

Asia's worst performing currency Indian Rupee declining further to 72.90 just 0.10 Paisa away from 73 barrier.

Every day the troubles of Indian economy is growing.
This is very sad and very bad. :(
india ki currency ko girany ka sirf tu zimedar hai :D

Rupee's fall indicates rise in black money: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy

The Indian rupee is falling because the currency is exiting the country in the form of black money, BJP MP Subramanian Swamy said on Sunday.
IANS

Last Updated:
23 Sep 2018 05:17 PM

I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread but if i may draw your attention gentlemen (@BHarwana @Nilgiri @Robinhood Pandey ), there is a direct relation of certain imports that decide the state of currency in India atleast.
our problem of purchase of crude and obsession with gold are two of the biggest factors that affect value of INR. Whilst there is little government can do to satiate thirst of gold, several long term steps have been taken to offset this cyclic shocks arising out of oil. First we are going for massive 41000 km of Railway electrification which will cut down diesel bill by atleast 15000 crores (~2 billion) for single customer viz Indian Railways. This work will finish by 2022 with annual targets already being surpassed.
Second, Newer railway lines (most prominently Dedicated Freight corridors) are being worked upon at frantic pace to remove massive amount of trucks from the roads which will again cut down on diesel bill by atleast 2% at current prices.
Third agriculture sector (II biggest oil consumer in India) is being given encouragement for use of electricity as far as possible. This includes investment in clean energy and laying new electricity lines.

It is a bitter truth for all oil importing countries that crude prices will badly impact economies and in recent memory Trump administration's hawkish stance at strengthening Dollar has had a multiplicative effect on currency of several countries, India being one of them. Embargo on Iran and Venezuela haven't helped things either.
But trust me sooner of later countries will device methods and means to reduce this shock and hopefully we will hear lesser such stories.
to summarize as market analysts say, Let Currency find its own feet and ground based on economic conditions, political support is generally ad-hoc and only weakens economy in long run.
thanks for the info you provided. do you think India is buying extra/more Iranian oil now to hoard before the sanctions hit Iran later this year?

@BHarwana ji kya bana indian ruppee ka ap ne to tabah ker ke chor diya rupee ko :rofl:
Bhai I did nothing the rupee was destined for this the failed economic policies were visible from a very long time. Modi jee nay kiya hai. I just told Indians in advance that this was going to happen.

thanks for the info you provided. do you think India is buying extra/more Iranian oil now to hoard before the sanctions hit Iran later this year?
There is a news report today that India would use some reserve crude purchased previously till either Dollar or crude price cools.
I'm not sure if we have a capacity to store reserve for couple of months to be in situation to offset this price shock.
Right now we are banking on political situation on international fora to improve. It's a wait and watch scenario unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom