What's new

Indian rocket to land on moon in 2017; to launch solar mission

@nair and @Super Commando Dhruva

It was in keeping with this whole thread, guys! Don't be overly sensitive!
We know such titles will attract flaming & trolls. At some point, irony is all that's left?
Which is why I felt free to joke on an already ruined thread, Nair? Anyhow ...

The ESA put a probe on a comet this year which is hundreds of times more difficult.
I did not open a thread flaunting this non-mil event. Not worth it outside science section.

It's not interesting : if we had a thread for space exploration by all nations, it would make a valid entry.
As is in the Indian defence forum, it's meaningless! And it attracts jests and leers, of course it does!

Maybe that's what you'll always get for posting out of context with a nationalistic bias?

Nothing against India as you ( well, Nair not necessarily the more or less new guy ) should know by now, Tay.

@nair and @Super Commando Dhruva

It was in keeping with this whole thread, guys! Don't be overly sensitive!
We know such titles will attract flaming & trolls. At some point, irony is all that's left?
Which is why I felt free to joke on an already ruined thread, Nair? Anyhow ...

The ESA put a probe on a comet this year which is hundreds of times more difficult.
I did not open a thread flaunting this non-mil event. Not worth it outside science section.

It's not interesting : if we had a thread for space exploration by all nations, it would make a valid entry.
As is in the Indian defence forum, it's meaningless! And it attracts jests and leers, of course it does!

Maybe that's what you'll always get for posting out of context with a nationalistic bias?

Nothing against India as you ( well, Nair not necessarily the more or less new guy ) should know by now, Tay.

I am not sensitive at all, (those who knows me here knows that) and tolerate things to a great extent.... But at times i feel like interfering when the trolling goes beyond a certain point......... In my first post i said "Guys" and you were not in my mind while typed it.... Have seen enough trolling in this forum (have done my bit during my early days here :) )

you were not in my mind while typed it

I had guessed as much, mate! The reply mentioning you was tongue in cheek too! :happy:
Otherwise agreed to your last post above.
( And thnx gslv mk3 for linking to the right thread. )

Great day to you and yours, Tay.

So maybe we can expect a first solar landing for 2040?
Can't wait to see that guy and his flag burst up in glorious hydrogen flames and fumes!

JK of course but still, the future of human space exploration will be in collaboration or it won't be!
And if it happens on a puny each nation for itself basis, we'll get our azzes kicked by aliens pronto!

Just sayin' Tay.

LOL solar mission :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

American should have known water presence in moon much before us but when ISRO announced that, they confirmed it

Exactly....America is smart and miles ahead. They only reveal things that are in their best interest. ISRO put pressure into them confirming what they already knew. They have the tech and the yrs ahead of us to confirm it already.

For clarification, it was long speculated and even supported by some -pre 2008 Chandrayaan flight- research that there is water on the moon. I doubt it was any secret if scientists were working on lunar samples with objective to find signs of water.

Water Found on the Moon | WIRED

Last edited:
For clarification, it was long speculated and even supported by some -pre 2008 Chandrayaan flight- research that there is water on the moon. I doubt it was any secret if scientists were working on lunar samples with objective to find signs of water.

Water Found on the Moon | WIRED
I am not talking about speculations there are many thing people speculate now also about extraterrestrial life, we can't confirm about these thing unless some government confirm that with proof.In the case of water on the moon,AFAIK it was ISRO that confirmed it and NASA backed it.

Searching for extra terrestrial life?? Wasn't the American mission enough??
Nasa always released doctored images....there many sightings of alien activity on moon....this is the reason why NASA terminated further human exploration of moon!!!
Compare the picture from Chinese Jack rabbit and picture from earlier NASA mission!! Contrast and color ratios are purposefully skewed!!
So yeah still lot to explore!!

Exactly....America is smart and miles ahead. They only reveal things that are in their best interest. ISRO put pressure into them confirming what they already knew. They have the tech and the yrs ahead of us to confirm it already.
May be isro put pressure on NASA that they would go ahead and announce their results...NASA had to settle for joint revelation with isro!

upload_2015-12-17_7-56-42.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom