What's new

Indian RAW's Kulbhushan S Jadhav sentenced to death for espionage & sabotage against Pakistan

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/606020/india-must-ask-copy-judgement.html

India must seek from Pakistan a copy of the judgement awarding death sentence to former navy officer Kulbhushan Jadhav so the grounds on which he has been convicted is known, noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani has said.

"We want to know whether the sentence is right, and right as in, whether the conviction is right, then the question comes of what kind of punishment for that. "Suppose he has been convicted on stupid evidence, then that makes a much stronger case for India," he told PTI.

The eminent criminal lawyer was speaking on the sidelines of a conference on 'Improving Indo-Pak Relations' at the India International Centre here which was also attended by Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, its former foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri and senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar.

At the end of the conference last night, commotion prevailed briefly at the venue, as several members of the media mobbed Basit and Kasuri with a volley of questions, against the backdrop of widespread outrage in India over the death penalty to 46-year-old former officer on charges of alleged "espionage and sabotage" activities.

"Reactions are flying thick and fast from every side, and media is also reacting to it strongly. But, one must know on what evidence he has been convicted, first of all.

"I should read what is the charge and what is the evidence on which they (Pakistan) have acted, and why this death sentence. Death sentence is justified only in those cases in which you cannot imagine a more serious offence, that is the law, as far as I can see," Jethmalani said.

The 93-year-old lawyer, who was born in Sindh province (now in Pakistan) of undivided India also urged media to exercise restraint while asserting both the countries must continue to engage peacefully to resolve outstanding issues.

"Today people are giving opinions on the case (Jadhav's) without reading the judgement. I have not read it, and I do not want to aggravate the situation. But, whole press seeking opinions, have they read the judgement, nobody.

"We have made our stand, but we want to see the judgement. So, we (India) must ask from Pakistan the certified copy of the judgement.. Before we burn bridges, we need to think properly," he said.

Asked if Pakistan would be willing to share the copy of the order, he said, "Have we asked for it, that it has not been given." Former chief of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) A S Dulat described the situation as "crazy".

"The whole episode surrounding Jadhav's case is so crazy. I wonder if Pakistan would be willing to share anything," he said on the sidelines of the event. Dulat ran into Kasuri while he was entering the conference hall and left soon thereafter, after exchanging pleasantries.

During the event, some reporters had posed questions to Kasuri and Basit on the raging issue of death sentence awarded to Jadhav by a Pakistani military court. But both of them declined to answer.

Surrounded by a battery of reporters and camerapersons, Kasuri only said, "Even many civilians in Pakistan have been tried by military courts." During his talk at the conference, Pakistan's foreign minister said, both sides must not allow things to drift away and that it is in Islamabad's interest to have good relations with India.

At the same time, he admitted that things between the two neighbours are not looking good.
"Relationship is not normal right now. Rhetoric not particularly good on either side of the border. I must admit I was initially hesitant, but it is these times that we must persist and talk about peace," he said.

India has warned Pakistan of the "consequences" Jadhav's hanging could have on their ties and vowed to go "out of the way" to save him amid pervasive outrage in the country.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/605998/army-veterans-protest-jadhavs-death.html

New Delhi, Apr 12, 2017, Press Trust of India
605998_thump.jpg

The protesters were led by Delhi Assembly legislator Col (retd) Devinder Sehrawat. They also handed over a memorandum to the authorities at the Pakistan High Commission in Chanakyapuri.

A group of army veterans today staged a protest near the Pakistan High Commission against the death sentence awarded to former Indian Navy officer Kulbhushan Jadhav.

The protesters were led by Delhi Assembly legislator Col (retd) Devinder Sehrawat. They also handed over a memorandum to the authorities at the Pakistan High Commission in Chanakyapuri.

"We urged the Pakistan High Commissioner to communicate the outrage over the unacceptable treatment meted out to Jadhav," Sehrawat said.

"Pakistan is creating problems for itself and will have to payback if it continued with such actions. We request the country to take the case of Jadhav seriously and think over continuing any relationship with Pakistan," he said.

Nearly two dozen ex-servicemen, including Col (retd) Ravi Tokas and Col (retd) KPS Rana, took part in the protest.

India has warned Pakistan to consider the "consequences" on bilateral ties if Jadhav is hanged in the alleged espionage case and vowed to go "out of the way" to save him amid an outrage throughout the country.

Jadhav was "arrested" on March 3 last year by Pakistani security forces in the restive Balochistan province after he reportedly entered from Iran. Pakistan has alleged that Jadhav was "a serving officer" in the Indian Navy and deputed to the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW).

The Pakistan Army had released a "confessional video" of Jadhav after his arrest.
India has acknowledged that Jadhav served with the navy but denied he has any connection with the government.
Ro India Ro...

Evidence to UN or to say EU w.r.t. India's involvement in Baluchistan wasn't taken to sentence him to death but another addition to the matter. Kulbashan is found guilty of the same as a spy/terrorist after Military Court Trial, his confession and cooperation with Agency. He is a professional and knows the outcome as well as was aware that there is no other option but to tell the whole truth and cooperate being professional. I don't see any International Forum acknowledged his innocence as per India stance. Not even Iran w.r.t. India's claim of abduction but cooperated accordingly as Iran was informed officially by GoP.
I have to correct you here. The Kulbhushan case was taken to the UN and it was a very weak case hence it got no traction. Kulbhushan was publicized to be critical proof against India.
Do you not find it funny how this alleged- terrorist/ trained spy/ cold blooded murderer- mastermind who risked everything for RAW and his country gave up entirely, went on camera with a confession in perfect English claiming that he was treated well by Pakistan, and was not pressured to confess- with no ahs and errs, or pauses. He cooperated with the Pakistani gov entirely, giving up contacts and secrets? You think he was not trained on how to respond when he gets caught promoting terrorism?
No International Forum agreed to him conducting terror in Pakistan either even though the case was presented to them by Pakistan. Out of all UN, EU and the Military Court in Pakistan- no one besides the Military Court is convinced. Maybe it has more to do with Indo-Pak relations than actual terrorism.
If there was enough proof in the first place - Pakistan would have smeared India with terrorism in the UN and taken away it's credibility. And they did try- but failed due to lack of evidence against Kulbhushan.
Just another perspective to look at things Mod.

I wonder what kind of weed bharatis are taking these days. We haven't given over Shakil Afridi to the US and they are thinking Bharat will be able to pressure Pakistan?

I have to correct you here. The Kulbhushan case was taken to the UN and it was a very weak case hence it got no traction. Kulbhushan was publicized to be critical proof against India.
Do you not find it funny how this alleged- terrorist/ trained spy/ cold blooded murderer- mastermind who risked everything for RAW and his country gave up entirely, went on camera with a confession in perfect English claiming that he was treated well by Pakistan, and was not pressured to confess- with no ahs and errs, or pauses. He cooperated with the Pakistani gov entirely, giving up contacts and secrets? You think he was not trained on how to respond when he gets caught promoting terrorism?
No International Forum agreed to him conducting terror in Pakistan either even though the case was presented to them by Pakistan. Out of all UN, EU and the Military Court in Pakistan- no one besides the Military Court is convinced. Maybe it has more to do with Indo-Pak relations than actual terrorism.
If there was enough proof in the first place - Pakistan would have smeared India with terrorism in the UN and taken away it's credibility. And they did try- but failed due to lack of evidence against Kulbhushan.
Just another perspective to look at things Mod.

I don't see UN declaring him innocent nor by EU at all. Rest about your observation regarding his confession and well trained to hide everything, I think you have no idea when it comes to such situation. It is like overestimating and underestimating the parties, respectively. You are off the opinion what Indian Media says or may looking at things from your perspective only but such issues are on high level that parties are well aware and everything is not available to public knowledge. Just in short and precise, if he was innocent at all, we would have seen the pressure or to say, his release long ago in view of India's strong case and international relations. Pakistan will never violate any Law hence, none demanded or pressurized Pakistan to release him knowing the facts being shared behind doors and out of reach of irrelevant people. All the noise and media campaign is the evidence till now that India is merely building a pressure through pressers and IMO, GoI knows very well that cannot release him on the basis of claim being innocent. Though till now, he is only proven innocent by India in Media yet no international party acknowledged the same. Just think for a while that why would a sovereign country like Pakistan, attracts unnecessary and unwanted attention from other countries of the world in this matter due to an alleged illegal sentence.

IMO, rather than mishandling the deteriorating situation further by threats through media etc, India has to use proper diplomatic engagement and talk to resolve the matter, if want to though, sentence by Court at the moment, stand still.

Of course it concerns India when a judicial system which hangs a PM and certifies coups through another kangaroo court convicts an Indian citizen. And of course you make terrorists and mass murderers heads of state - just ask the erstwhile East Pakistanis or the Balochis. India is not the next US but Pakistan is pretty much spoken of in the same breath as North Korea.

Here is a non-Indian source for you to mull over -
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...rists-pakistan-somalia-honduras-a7321326.html

India doesn't need to isolate Pakistan - Pakistan is doing a fine job itself - India might just give it a push toward the finish line.

And my lament is against the state, not its people - many of whom I have personally interacted with and they are fine people. I consider it my civic duty to speak out against the crazy right wing Hindu vigilantes who are running amok these days with their stupid cow and love jihad politics. But Pakistanis don't seem to realize that their establishment has zero credibility pretty much everywhere. Who recorded Musharraf conversation during Kargil and routed it to India through the US - your great ally China. Think about that.

If Pakistan is doing a fine job isolating itself than India needs nothing to worry about since we a are doing your work for you. Similarly if our establishment has zero credibility again India needs nothing to worry.
As for your concerns, well you should had shown those concerns to your government when that Sent him and many like him before for spying espionage, terrorism in other countries. That was your civic duty, to question your government for the policy that they are following bringing the whole region to chaos but you did not do that. Infact you and your ilks cheered it and further strengthened your rogue regime and its band of fundamentalist Yahoo's. So you failed in your civic duty right there and rather pathetically if I may add.
As for us well We are not here to please India or Indians or convince them about our judicial system. You are a nobody to us and your opinion or civic duty means zilch to us.
Your argument lost its value when you mentioned balochis. There are many balochis here who can burst your lies but again like I said we don't need to prove anything to anyone least of that to an Indian. Instead of showing your concerns about Baluchistan, use that for Kashmir where your occupational forces are mass murdering the innocent Kashmir's. This is your civic duty.

http://www.siasat.com/news/asaduddin-owaisis-statement-kulbhushan-jadhav-death-penalty-row-1173082/

New Delhi [India]: All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday urged the Centre to use its influence to rescue former Indian naval officer and alleged spy Kulbhushan Jadhav.

“The government’s first priority should be to save Kulbhuashan Jadhav’s life. They should use all of their power and influence to rescue him. Hope they will make all of their efforts to bring him back,” Owaisi told ANI.

Describing the order passed by Pakistan’s military court as “pre-meditated murder”, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has issued a stern warning, saying that Islamabad should be wary of taking such an extreme step as it could result in damaging bilateral relations between the already hostile neighbors.

“It is an indefensible verdict against an innocent Indian citizen. We have no option but to deem the sentence a premeditated murder. Our position is very clear, there is no evidence of wrongdoing by Kulbhushan Jadhav. I would caution Pakistan government to consider the consequences for our bilateral relationship if they proceed on this matter,” said Swaraj in the Rajya Sabha.

Swaraj further said, “I would also like to tell the House that I have been in touch with the parents of Jadhav and we are extending our fullest support to them in this difficult situation. A strong sense of solidarity expressed by the House will give them more courage at this time”.

Parliament has witnessed uproarious scenes over Pakistan’s decision to sentence Jadhav to death.

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has assured the Lok Sabha that the Centre will do everything possible to save Jadhav.

Jadhav was arrested in March last year, “for his (alleged) involvement in espionage and sabotage activities against Pakistan,” according to a statement released by the Pakistan armed forces.

The statement said Jadhav confessed that he was tasked by the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), to “plan, coordinate and organise espionage and sabotage activities aimed at destabilising and waging war against Pakistan.”

A military court found Jadhav guilty on two counts of espionage and sentenced him to death.

Iran was contractor of both terrorists, forgiving Iran would not be fair.
First of all welcome back long time. Any how lets get to the point. Okay good Iran should be attacked why not lets fire few missiles on Iran and send some MTB and do a bombing run by F-16 and JF-17. You have lost your mind man. lol Are you serious because what I see is Pak Navy doing Naval drills with Iran and I see Pakistan state bank providing a trade channel to Iran. Thing are happening the opposite of what you are telling me.

I don't see UN declaring him innocent nor by EU at all. Rest about your observation regarding his confession and well trained to hide everything, I think you have no idea when it comes to such situation. It is like overestimating and underestimating the parties, respectively. You are off the opinion what Indian Media says or may looking at things from your perspective only but such issues are on high level that parties are well aware and everything is not available to public knowledge. Just in short and precise, if he was innocent at all, we would have seen the pressure or to say, his release long ago in view of India's strong case and international relations. Pakistan will never violate any Law hence, none demanded or pressurized Pakistan to release him knowing the facts being shared behind doors and out of reach of irrelevant people. All the noise and media campaign is the evidence till now that India is merely building a pressure through pressers and IMO, GoI knows very well that cannot release him on the basis of claim being innocent. Though till now, he is only proven innocent by India in Media yet no international party acknowledged the same. Just think for a while that why would a sovereign country like Pakistan, attracts unnecessary and unwanted attention from other countries of the world in this matter due to an alleged illegal sentence.

IMO, rather than mishandling the deteriorating situation further by threats through media etc, India has to use proper diplomatic engagement and talk to resolve the matter, if want to though, sentence by Court at the moment, stand still.
And no one found him guilty either despite Pakistan presenting the case and evidence,not India.
If couselor access was given early on like requested- maybe this sentence wouldn't exist. India is openly protecting him calling him innocent, Pakistan is carrying out judgements in secrecy and no one was convinced with their evidence.
You are calling me biased when I all did was state the facts. Also calling my analysis weak beacuse I am not a from a defence background ( underlined statement) is ad hominem. Please refrain from that. We are all speculating, and i don't think there are many on this forum who are qualified to talk then.

Last edited:
First of all welcome back long time. Any how lets get to the point. Okay good Iran should be attacked why not lets fire few missiles on Iran and send some MTB and do a bombing run by F-16 and JF-17. You have lost your mind man. lol Are you serious because what I see is Pak Navy doing Naval drills with Iran and I see Pakistan state bank providing a trade channel to Iran. Thing are happening the opposite of what you are telling me.

Are we attacking India for KY? So how do you conclude, I'm suggesting attacking Iran.. BTW, which should be easier than attacking India.
You see Pakistan navy doing drills but you don't see Indian navy/RAW settled well in Chabahar!
You see state bank providing trade channel to Iran but you don't see small Pakistan traders of mangoes, oranges and rice being denied payments for their supplies !
If things are happening opposite than that must be parliament and senate behind it, which is unfortunate considering the facts that Iran has been assisting in operations of RAW ever since 90's.
KY was using name 'Mubarek Hussein' due to some reason.

Are we attacking India for KY? So how do you conclude, I'm suggesting attacking Iran.. BTW, which should be easier than attacking India.
You see Pakistan navy doing drills but you don't see Indian navy/RAW settled well in Chabahar!
You see state bank providing trade channel to Iran but you don't see small Pakistan traders of mangoes, oranges and rice being denied payments for their supplies !
If things are happening opposite than that must be parliament and senate behind it, which is unfortunate considering the facts that Iran has been assisting in operations of RAW ever since 90's.
KY was using name 'Mubarek Hussein' due to some reason.
Yes Ky was using the name Mubarek Hussain because he needed a Muslim name to enter Pakistan and he got the fake documents from India not Iran. Look It is not just Raw who is well established in Iran but ISI is more established in Iran than Raw. Iran is an ally not an enemy. Pakistan's defense minister issued a clear warning to GCC alliance that Pakistan will not join if this alliance becomes sectarian so that means that Pakistan not going to war with Iran. Sorry Jadhav was Indian not Irani. Now it is RAW that is the enemy but you want Pakistan to attack Iran for RAW? Are you serious that you want Pakistan to attack Iran for RAW not India? lol man you are seriously funny.

Now lets not derail the thread and focus on Jadhav dude and curse India. Lets work on India for Pakistan it will be better rather than working on Iran for UAE.

I wonder what kind of weed bharatis are taking these days. We haven't given over Shakil Afridi to the US and they are thinking Bharat will be able to pressure Pakistan?
I guess you are the one smoking weed. shakil afridi is a pakistani national. now you handing over a pakistani national to usa is for you to decide
remember raymond davis , whom you handed over because he was american even though he had killed 2 pakistani
and kulbhushan is indian

I guess you are the one smoking weed. shakil afridi is a pakistani national. now you handing over a pakistani national to usa is for you to decide
remember raymond davis , whom you handed over because he was american even though he had killed 2 pakistani
and kulbhushan is indian
Lol Mr Davis was not in contact with TTP or anti Pakistan elements and was handed over because the families of the victims took blood money and forgave him that was all according to the law. Now Jadhav dude has killed people for terrorism motives that brings in different punishment.

Back
Top Bottom