What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
why you keep saying 7000 rupees?
The average distance for a CRH ride esteemed by World Bank in 2014 is 300km.

That is what I want to know as well. Where did he calculate the figure of 7,000 Rupees. This guy is a deranged lunatic.

He is making up stuff.

The bitter fact is that India at present does not have the money or the technical expertise to design, build and operate bullet trains in the country. But since admitting such faults in front of a Chinese will be tantamount to defeat hence all kinds of excuses will be offered.

Railways cannot be build because of "temperature differences". Good God!! The excuses they can peddle.

we already upgraded many tracks to hold 200km/hr.

we already upgraded many tracks to hold 200km/hr.

Give us examples.

How many kilometers of tracks have been upgraded to 200 km/hr standard? Where do these tracks run, and what stations do they connect?

Then let me ask you, why spend so much money to study in Germany when you can have it a lot cheaper in India?

my wish.

Give us examples.

How many kilometers of tracks have been upgraded to 200 km/hr standard? Where do these tracks run, and what stations do they connect?

google yourself :P it's not banned in US

That is what I want to know as well. Where did he calculate the figure of 7,000 Rupees. This guy is a deranged lunatic.

currency converter

What next, V.S. Naipaul is also Indian national?

if you want to troll then keep trolling,,, don't quote me :) if you cannot bring a valid argument.

So why spend 2000 euros per month to get a German education when you can spend 7000 rupees to get a degree in India?

Why do you want to waste so much money?

post reported :D and please don't quote me if you want to troll ..

currency converter

So converting currencies teaches you how much the fare will be for trains in India? Which currency did you choose and why? Was Delhi Metro fare based on currency conversion?

Are you even educated or do you know only to write your name and count to 100?

So converting currencies teaches you how much the fare will be for trains in India? Which currency did you choose and why? Was Delhi Metro fare based on currency conversion?

Are you even educated or do you know only to write your name and count to 100?

trolls

Dedicated freight lines, no passenger traffic.
The trouble here is that the Golden Quadrilateral (Meaning the lines joining National capital New Delhi with three big port cities of Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata is operating way above its saturation limit and the situation gets complicated by the fact that Railways also has to operate passenger trains on them. This creates two problems, First the speed on line gets limited by slowest moving freight train on the section (if i remember correctly, national average speed of freight train in India about 28-32 kmph). This leads to reduction in speed of passenger trains to about 140 kph max (160 kph in one case) which in turn increases the passenger travel time.
Secondly, the load we can put on one freight train is also limited, leading to lower throughput. Average wight f one freight train in India is approximately 3800 Tons as against 9,000-10,000 MT seen in other countries.
Therefor the logic of DFC is that it will not only free the existing tracks for passenger trains that will allow increase in average speed (similar to one table you gave in one of ur post) but will also allow heavier trains to move quickly, increasing in revenue growth.
Yes, you are correct. That's a wise strategy for both China and India. Logistics is the foundation of economic development. A mixture of freight and passengers train on the major corridor is a disaster.

Five years ago, I mostly traveled on the old line and saw a lot of freight trains waiting at some midway stops, what a waste! Now, from Wuhan(my hometown in the very centre of China) to Shanghai/Beijing/Guangzhou/Chengdu/Xi'an, all major cities around China, there are a dedicated passenger route(day-time HSR and overnight HSR Sleepers) and an old route(freight and overnight normal trains). That is the initial purpose. Then there follows with huge positive impacts on society and economy, which is impossible to measure by money. If everything goes with how much a railway can earn, it is certainly narrow-minded.

Seperating old lines and dedicated passenger lines
Guangxi, Western China
南宁东-南宁四线开通,好处就是南广柳南同向同时进站不受干扰.jpg
又玩并行.jpg

屯里,星芒效果.jpg

One of the reports focused on HSR of China(CRH) conducted by World Bank
Regional economic impact analysis of high speed rail in China : Main report (English) | The World Bank

if you want to troll then keep trolling,,, don't quote me :) if you cannot bring a valid argument.

Says the moron who calculates train fares based on currency conversion and believes "temperature differences" within a country is the drawback for operating railways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom