What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too high, around 7000 rupees , which is 500-600 RMB , In India no one will pay for this. This is my argument, with chinese.

Precisely. Then the discussion is closed. In Indian Railways, it is majority those people who cannot pay more than INR 500 per seat. The rest which includes AC1, AC2, AC3, AC Chaircar etc are those who are well off and travel for short distances. Then comes the upper middle class and the rich class who take flights these days to save time and inconvenience.

All the AC classes + flight takers combined don't even make 10% of the population. What Railways needs to do is jack up the price and do it with an iron fist. Only then development, cleanliness and upgrading of normal train's tech will change and people will accept.

Otherwise it will continue the way it is. And worsen with the tracks getting older and older.

So Indians are too poor to pay for tickets? Is that what you are admitting?

I thought you said high speed rail couldn't be built due to temperature differences between mid and south India.

why would one travel by train paying 7000 when for the same price he can travel by air and reach to its destination within 1-2 hours?

Then next time please don't shout and whine like a loser mango man about a proposed hike in rail fares.

Most fellow Indians do, because of which railways cannot upgrade.

Be in your limits you lama boy. You don't know me so don't make any assumptions. I have no problems with rail fare hikes or any hikes necessary for better service. So keep your mouth shut. By the way do mangoes even grow from where you come?

read my post again- This is the reason why bad translation happens in Chinese railway stations from chinese to english lol.

@Horus @waz

I did, and you said India can't build bullet trains because it doesn't have the technology to prevent tracks from warping from temperature differences.

@Tshering22
1km: 0.28-0.31 yuan for D-CRH(200-250kph) second class
0.41-0.45 yuan for G-CRH(300km/h) second class
After a certain distance, like 1000km-1500km, a discount will be offered.

CRH sleepers(overnight 2AC soft bed train with food) have different fare.
Beijing-Guangzhou CRH sleeper, 700yuan for one way, 560 yuan for one way if buy a round trip. (5 daily, 20.30pm-6.30am, 2298km)
@Tshering22 Check my thread https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/

Last edited:
Be in your limits you lama boy. You don't know me so don't make any assumptions. I have no problems with rail fare hikes or any hikes necessary for better service. So keep your mouth shut. By the way do mangoes even grow from where you come?

Calm down man. I was talking about our country in general.

We don't grow mangoes here but yes we have a lot of things many other states lack.

A sense of public hygiene, environmental conscience and social responsibility iare some of them.

It's too high, around 7000 rupees , which is 500-600 RMB , In India no one will pay for this. This is my argument, with chinese.
why you keep saying 7000 rupees?
The average distance for a CRH ride esteemed by World Bank in 2014 is 300km.

I did, and you said India can't build bullet trains because it doesn't have the technology to prevent tracks from warping from temperature differences.

Technology is there, but spending money on such project which cannot generate profit and has more operational cost, is according to me foolishness.

So Indians are too poor to pay for tickets? Is that what you are admitting?

I thought you said high speed rail couldn't be built due to temperature differences between mid and south India.

He is making up stuff.

The bitter fact is that India at present does not have the money or the technical expertise to design, build and operate bullet trains in the country. But since admitting such faults in front of a Chinese will be tantamount to defeat hence all kinds of excuses will be offered.

Railways cannot be build because of "temperature differences". Good God!! The excuses they can peddle.

why you keep saying 7000 rupees?
The average distance for a CRH ride esteemed by World Bank in 2014 is 300km.

He needs to have his IQ checked.
Technology is there, but spending money on such project which cannot generate profit and has more operational cost, is according to me foolishness.

So it's a financial reason after all.

Then let me ask you, why spend so much money to study in Germany when you can have it a lot cheaper in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom