What's new

Indian Railways- A journey of Culture, By Steve McCurry.

The toilets on those long distance Indian trains dump straight out onto the tracks that much is true. Its also true that laypeople in India do defecate in the open on the train tracks, sides of roads etc, we seen all that on our trip to India.

Yup. Hopefully that will change in 10 years time. They are testing new toilet systems which would process the excreta in the train itself. The train system is very wide, so implementing it over the entire network will take 10 years.

Not good for people. Railways has to be cheap for our nation of this population size and income.

What abt the long waiting lists each reserved train has......and ppl travel with waiting list tickets in reserved compartments paying Rs. 300 fine to the TTE

What abt the long waiting lists each reserved train has......and ppl travel with waiting list tickets in reserved compartments paying Rs. 300 fine to the TTE
When there is so much load on railways, and railways is the only cheap way of traveling, what can you expect. Also, it will take years to improve such a huge system. Do you know IR is one of the most computerized system in India. Compare IR with 2000. You will see changes if you have traveled in trains a lot.

I don't have problem as I plane earl and use e-ticket. System is too overloaded and changes are being made. One of the important introduction has been double decker trains.

As for paying extra is concerned, even if you have to go somewhere you will do so too. Why blame others if we do the same thing when needed.

When there is so much load on railways, and railways is the only cheap way of traveling, what can you expect. Also, it will take years to improve such a huge system. Do you know IR is one of the most computerized system in India. Compare IR with 2000. You will see changes if you have traveled in trains a lot.

I don't have problem as I plane earl and use e-ticket. System is too overloaded and changes are being made. One of the important introduction has been double decker trains.

As for paying extra is concerned, even if you have to go somewhere you will do so too. Why blame others if we do the same thing when needed.

No no, I'm not blaming anyone for paying extra, u got me wrong.

I was saying when U n I travel by paying fine we do eventually pay the extra money aint it???
Why not instead allow private trains to run side by side with IR to fill in these demands and generate additional employment especially when the IR seems incapable of meeting those demands........every railway budget we hope for new trains.....then why not introduce private passenger trains.

Fake BS,

Pakistani using toilet paper!!

Utter non-sense!
Why can't a Pakistani use Toilet Paper :cheesy: But one thing is for sure Toilet paper in Indian toilets is a rare occurrence.But most sitting one's have a bidet or a bidet shower these days.

We enjoyed the train trips but we didn't enjoy the ****** toilets, yes it will change but the first priority should be the basic hygiene.

Open defecating and toilets on trains that are ******, and public toilets in India that haven't been cleaned in decades is a sad thing. In fact its hard to even find a decent public toilet in India, other than the ones in the malls.

As much as we love India there are also a lot of harsh truths that Indians in general need to deal with about their country.

We enjoyed the train trips but we didn't enjoy the ****** toilets, yes it will change but the first priority should be the basic hygiene.

Open defecating and toilets on trains that are ******, and public toilets in India that haven't been cleaned in decades is a sad thing. In fact its hard to even find a decent public toilet in India, other than the ones in the malls.

As much as we love India there are also a lot of harsh truths that Indians in general need to deal with about their country.

i accept those hard truths dude. but it will soon gets end. and you can go here.
Railways to get green toilets soon

and anyhow thanks for your word that you love india.

My own experience of Indian railways, some few years back, is a nightmare journey and a vision of hell on earth. Big rats everywhere, giant black cockroaches ramping everywhere, bugs in the seats, flies everywhere, seats completely torn and damaged, the door is damaged so that you can cut your hands. No toilets or if you want to find one which is vacant, just follow the flies, if ever toilets exists, then better not to use them. No paper toilets, passengers defeacating outside and directly on the toilet seats and cubicle, toilets not flushed for months as the toilets evacuation sytem blocked and human defeacation everywhere. So better to carry your toilets papers and also germ free hand sanitiser. Use also the paper toilets to wipe the toilets seats as they are often wet, being given that Indian passengers still don't know how to use them so better to use the squat toilets. The smell of defeacation and sweat mixed together could force anyone to vomit. So better to put your head outside the windows, its dangerous but it is worst if you remain in the wagons. The carriage full of passengers is similar to the lorries transporting animals for slaughter. No air con so it is hotter than in a sauna. Don't eat the meals as rats and cockroahes have already taken their share of the meals. Thieves also enter the carriages at night, so better to guard all your personal belongings.

Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had proposed, in July 2012, projects worth $130 million project to rid India of the scourge of open defecation and clean up a rail system he described as the world's "largest open toilet".

In fact Indian Railways are reputed for these and many Western tourists wishing to experience sensationalism and a special journey of peace and love like to travel in the Indian rails. Its really an experience in its own which I don't want to live again. A traumatizing experience. But its also the best way to see the dark side of Shining India and to experience the real Indian life.

India Train Travel - Tips for Long Distance India Train Travel

Indian rail is world's largest 'open toilet': Jairam Ramesh | NDTV.com

Please read these things before posting anything about india.

Pakistan Railway faces serious financial problem: Spokesman

If you Can't Run Pakistan Railways, Let Lalu Yadav do so: Pak MP

i accept those hard truths dude. but it will soon gets end. and you can go here.
Railways to get green toilets soon

and anyhow thanks for your word that you love india.

I hope so, because travelling with family in India on trains can be very hard, and toilets are the major problem for me and my family faced, not just on trains but just about everywhere. To say the public toilets that we did manage to find are ****** is an understatement, basic hygiene is something any nation should provide to its citizens.

I hope so, because travelling with family in India on trains can be very hard, and toilets are the major problem for me and my family faced, not just on trains but just about everywhere. To say the public toilets that we did manage to find are ****** is an understatement, basic hygiene is something any nation should provide to its citizens.
A country(government) can't provide you basic hygiene.....a person has to make it part of his lifestyle.Most Indians aren't bothered about such trivial things because they will never think for a moment that those things will be used by common people like them.If I'm done with my business then that's it....who gives a flying fook about others :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom