What's new

Indian politics: Muslims ‘sidelined’ : cleric

SurvivoR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Muslims ‘sidelined’ in Indian politics: cleric

NEW DELHI: The chief cleric at India's largest mosque delivered a stinging attack against the country's major parties Friday, less then a week before the country's general elections.

Syed Ahmed Bukhari of New Delhi's Jama mosque said Muslims in India were 'victims of injustice' and have been 'tortured and systematically sidelined by all political parties'.

'A peaceful, secure and happy life is a distant dream for us,' he said in a speech ahead of Friday prayers.

He accused Hindu-majority India's main parties of being either overtly sectarian or otherwise trying to cynically woo the Muslim vote with 'false promises'.

'Look around and see the situation: some parties have an anti-Muslim agenda, some are trying to show sympathy towards us, but they will never be of any good to us,' he said.

Muslims number 140 million in India, making them the largest religious minority in a country of 1.1 billion people.

Community leaders have long complained of discrimination, with allegations of harrassment increasing in the wake of militant attacks last year that were blamed on militants.

Copy Rights AFP

Plus OBCs or Shudras, the SCs or Dalits, the STs or Tribals, the Christians, Sikhs or minorities all are sidelined by a few Hindu fanatic Brahmins in the name of sovereignty and national integration. The Tamils are also being sidelined. The process is running.

brahmins have been killed in kashmir and driven out. so basically everyone is unhappy. so then its ok.

brahmins have been killed in kashmir and driven out. so basically everyone is unhappy. so then its ok.

No Brahmin was killed in Kashmir, because there had never been any Brahmin in Kashmir. A very very very few Kashmiri Pundits might have been there, but they were small in numbers as they practiced endogamy or marriage within family members. After 1947, those Pundits came to Delhi and Shimla and settled there as they were offered land properties by Nehru govt.

So nothing is OK.

Plus OBCs or Shudras, the SCs or Dalits, the STs or Tribals, the Christians, Sikhs or minorities all are sidelined by a few Hindu fanatic Brahmins in the name of sovereignty and national integration. The Tamils are also being sidelined. The process is running.

OBC, SC/ST are the majority Hindus. Brahmins do not even form a voting block in any state. I don't know how you could sideline OBCs and SC/ST since taken together they form 40-80 percent of Hindu population. Not to mention, there is government jobs reserved for underprivileged groups.
And Communist, before you think you can speak for Tamils, answer the following : Tamilarodu unakkena pollapu? Tamilarkenna Indiayil pollapu?

No Brahmin was killed in Kashmir, because there had never been any Brahmin in Kashmir. A very very very few Kashmiri Pundits might have been there, but they were small in numbers as they practiced endogamy or marriage within family members. After 1947, those Pundits came to Delhi and Shimla and settled there as they were offered land properties by Nehru govt.

So nothing is OK.

I personally know atleast one Pandit family that had to move out due to terrorists. I don't even know what to say about comments about endogamy- knowing these people I find it extremely bad in taste (not to mention wrong). I think making a comment like that about a full society is extremely offensive .

OBC, SC/ST are the majority Hindus. Brahmins do not even form a voting block in any state. I don't know how you could sideline OBCs and SC/ST since taken together they form 40-80 percent of Hindu population. Not to mention, there is government jobs reserved for underprivileged groups.
And Communist, before you think you can speak for Tamils, answer the following : Tamilarodu unakkena pollapu? Tamilarkenna Indiayil pollapu?

The British did not need to outnumber the Muslims and Hindus to rule Indian subcontinent. Similarly Brahmins do not need to become majority to colonize the brainwashed stupid people who are hijacked by Kautilyan conspiracy.

Pollapu unkkena Tamilarkenna Indiayil... :D

I personally know atleast one Pandit family that had to move out due to terrorists. I don't even know what to say about comments about endogamy- knowing these people I find it extremely bad in taste (not to mention wrong). I think making a comment like that about a full society is extremely offensive .

I never made that comment to indicate a full society. If I say something true about endogamous Kashmiri Brahmins, why do you take offense readily? Are you a Kashmiri Pundit?

Pollapu unkkena Tamilarkenna Indiayil... :D

Nice try, but the sentence made no sense :-
).
Tamil politics has always been about the language - which is why I said that you should not speak for Tamilians if you don't speak Tamil. It is also the place where both the mainstream parties call themselves Dravidian parties. One of them is always the part of central government.

Link Please:angel:

I never made that comment to indicate a full society. If I say something true about endogamous Kashmiri Brahmins, why do you take offense readily? Are you a Kashmiri Pundit?

No. I am not a Kashmiri Pandit, but I know a family very well.
They had to move out of Kashmir due to terrorist attacks on their village. So I do care about their status. I also know that the Kashmiri Pandits were not in anyway particularly endogamous - Indira Gandhi married a Gujarati for example.
Replace Kashmir with Pakistan, and you will see how offensive what you said is (And apparently I could say that with equal amount of evidence too).

Nice try, but the sentence made no sense :-
).
Tamil politics has always been about the language - which is why I said that you should not speak for Tamilians if you don't speak Tamil. It is also the place where both the mainstream parties call themselves Dravidian parties. One of them is always the part of central government.

No Tamil politics did not only focus on language. Had it been so, the imperialist Tamil Brahmins would have never been evicted by public fury from there. Tamil politics centered around Language, culture and skin color. Tamil politics grew as an answer to Hindu racism of varna politics. Admit the fact.

The British did not need to outnumber the Muslims and Hindus to rule Indian subcontinent. Similarly Brahmins do not need to become majority to colonize the brainwashed stupid people who are hijacked by Kautilyan conspiracy.

:D

Very secretively Kautilyan they must be too, since I can't find a Brahmin in the Union Cabinet. Oh, there is ManiShankar Aiyer a Tamilian brahmin born in Lahore. !! Now it all makes sense, it is a global conspiracy by Brahmins and Jews to take over the world. And obviously Lahore is the true homeland of Brahmins and that is why they keep India and Pakistan fighting - so that they can finally make their homeland in Lahore.
But you may ask, Communist parties in Kerala, Andhra have had disproportionate representation from Brhamins (EMS, for ex.). It is not the case in Bengal. Why would the expansionists join communist parties and give away land, you might ask. Well it must be beacuse they want all the non-brahmins in Lahore to migrate to the cheap fertile lands of the south so that the Brahmins can then buy out cheap Lahori land.

Sorry, but your stories make about as much sense and you have to accept, my stories are more fun.

No Tamil politics did not only focus on language. Had it been so, the imperialist Tamil Brahmins would have never been evicted by public fury from there. Tamil politics centered around Language, culture and skin color. Tamil politics grew as an answer to Hindu racism of varna politics. Admit the fact.

Muthale tamil pesha padi. Athu varay vayaymudindiri.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom