What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

You used to be a Modi baiter,
Not quite. I was, and remain, a cynic- not just of Modi but any Indian politician (and politicians in general).

I would like to consider myself objective however, and thus can see failures for what they are and am able to give praise where it is due. I am apolitical and entirely focused on what is best for India- everything else is immaterial to me.

so what expectations did you have of Modi that have been belied?
A difficult question to answer, by the time the elections (and his inauguration) came to pass I feel as though many of my initial fears of him had been belied thanks to a very focused (on development) election campaign.

What expectations did his detractors have of him that they are saying they have been let down?

In very specific areas Modi has been disappointing, if not counter-productive.

They have the majority in LS, but not in RS and no govt in the history of India has had to deal with such a reckless traitorous uncooperative opposition ever.
True but this also sounds a lot like making very convenient excuses for him/the BJP/NDA. It doesn't seem like the GoI/BJP has made much effort to build consensus either AND they have, in fact, given ammunition to this so-called "traitorous" opposition time and again. This is an area that Modi has consistently failed to address- the idiots within his own party/alliance disrupting his entire agenda.

You need to wait for the term to get over before you come out and judge whether it delivered on its promises or not.
This doesn't mean you can't keep them honest on a day to day basis- if they are wrong today they should be made to feel the heat, not in 5 years time.

But remember Modi faced similar situation in Gujarat in his first term. But won the second Gujarat elections again. Don't be surprised if Modi wins again in 2019 even with bad performance in current term. People are seeing through the game plan of opposition, media leftists. And the fact that there is no credible leader against Modi (at national level) helps.

Modi winning elections should not the sole goal of any Indian but ensuring that his election translate into tangible benefits for India. If Modi is the best man for the job (which he currently is IMHO) then, yes, I hope he is elected so as to do good for India. The cult of personality around Modi should not be allowed to develop to the extent where one simply equates Modi with good for India and thus success is measured in his days in office- he needs to continuously prove to everyone that he is actually delivering.

Last edited:
Rats abandoning sinking ship.Top Akali Leader of Punjab suddenly becomes cabinet minister in UP Akhilesh governement.
Akali Dal leader Ramoowalia quits party to become UP Minister | Business Standard News
Akali workers & leaders are resigning in large number nowdays. Although chances are modest but speculations are rising that Punjab government could collapse before 2017.
@ranjeet @Echo_419 @magudi @Star Wars @Darmashkian

I am hoping for amrinder Singh forming the government

Although chances are modest but speculations are rising that Punjab government could collapse before 2017.

Though imma sanghi i'd be happy if that does happen and AAP does form government (if thats what majority of you guys want)

I am hoping for amrinder Singh forming the government

open your eyes and see the good things that are happening in delhi, media only shows negative news , at least follow some pro-aap twitter handles to get to know the unprecedented levels of work being done on ground - your hate is clearly clouding your judgment

Though imma sanghi i'd be happy if that does happen and AAP does form government (if thats what majority of you guys want)

open your eyes and see the good things that are happening in delhi, media only shows negative news , at least follow some pro-aap twitter handles to get to know the unprecedented levels work being done on ground - your hate is clearly clouding your judgment

Joint market aya hai kya?:lol:

open your eyes and see the good things that are happening in delhi, media only shows negative news , at least follow some pro-aap twitter handles to get to know the unprecedented levels of work being done on ground - your hate is clearly clouding your judgment

You are talking to someone living in Delhi :lol:

india should be ruled by single party so that the MGB nonsense and other regional party will be kept away. hint RSS:devil:

we should all support for RSS and pledge loyalty towards the leader hint MODI :devil:

only hindus should be allowed to votes.

sickular bit*** should be thrown into gulags:devil:

sieg heil

(SARCASM)

OK... All blacks won the Rugby World Cup...& I'm well chuffed...& glad wallabies lost! :victory::yahoo::yay::thinktank::mps::bounce:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom