What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Buddy in democracy a majority show of hands changes rules,why do we have elections for? and who makes new rules its the majority party not monarchy.
Even in a democracy, the rights of an individual cannot be voted away by the majority. That is why every country has a constitution or bill of rights. For example, even if the majority voted that hinduism should be the only religion in India, such a law cannot be passed. Democracy does not mean dictatorship by majority. There are some inalienable rights that cannot be voted away.

I am making a larger point about representative democracies, not about this issue in particular.

The haste with which EC took action is suspicious , seems as if they were just waiting for an opportunity to go after Modi. Do you know EC also had the option of fining Modi for this , but they chose to go for an FIR.
-
its their call ..they told to report by 6pm today
they wil analyse and then give verdic..
but while giving if being unfair then they have to sit with model code vs papuspeech, mama psech, Sharad pawar, mulayam.. all will be in dock

Honestly this seems more like a bait by Modi , deliberately holding the lotus card and then holding a speech . Though for what i don't know ...

I will re-post my earlier post on my analysis of Modi............

UNDERSTANDING BRAND MODI.................

7TH April - first phase polling - BJP's Manifesto is released.

9th April - second phase polling - Modi files nomination from Vododra.

12th April - 17th April (4th & 5th phase) - He gives series of Interviews (people were eagerly waiting for).

24th April - 6th phase - 117 seats for taking - HE DOES A MASSIVE SHOW OF STRENGTH IN VARANASI WHILE FILING HIS NOMINATION & THE SCREENS ARE PUT IN SEATS WHERE THE POLING IS GOING ON (IN UP ITSELF)................

THIS MAN IS SIMPLY AMAZING, HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO & HOW TO DO IT.....................

THINKING ABOUT DOING A P.hD on him :D

@JanjaWeed @jha @GreenFoe @Sidak @chak de INDIA @jbond197 @Android @Jason bourne @onu1886 :D

Even in a democracy, the rights of an individual cannot be voted away by the majority. That is why every country has a constitution or bill of rights. For example, even if the majority voted that hinduism should be the only religion in India, such a law cannot be passed. Democracy does not mean dictatorship by majority. There are some inalienable rights that cannot be voted away.

I am making a larger point about representative democracies, not about this issue in particular.
--
when in Democracy majority become sole stakeholder and avoid minority resulted to hitler

Do you believe majority can change things or not?How about the civil disobedience movement,The majority decided they wont have anything to do with british and therefore behaved as such, what can a government do in such cases other than to make rules as per their wish?How are sharia courts introduced in Uk?

:bunny:

"I have no hesitation in accepting my relationship with Amrita Rai. She and her husband have already filed a mutual consent divorce case.

Once that is decided we would formalize it. But I do condemn encroachment in our private life."

Digvijaya Singh | Facebook

I have no hesitation in accepting my relationship with Amrita Rai. She and her husband have already filed a mutual consent divorce case.

Once that is decided we would formalize it. But I do condemn encroachment in our private life.

--
But I do condemn encroachment in our private life. :butcher:
faebook commet
वाह दिग्गी बाबु!!
आपकी लाइफ प्राइवेट और मोदी की पब्लिक?
अपने पेबात आई तो→
I condemn encroachment in our private life

:bunny:

"I have no hesitation in accepting my relationship with Amrita Rai. She and her husband have already filed a mutual consent divorce case.

Once that is decided we would formalize it. But I do condemn encroachment in our private life."

--
a very nastry comments on his facebook
बासी कढ़ी मे उबाल हा हा हा
अरे नीच तेरी बेटी की उम्र की हे ये
थोड़ी तो शर्म की होती तू जिसे टंच माल
कहता था वो फिर भी ठीक थी।।।
हो रहा भारत निर्माण

Do you believe majority can change things or not?How about the civil disobedience movement,The majority decided they wont have anything to do with british and therefore behaved as such, what can a government do in such cases other than to make rules as per their wish?How are sharia courts introduced in Uk?

Civil disobedience movement had nothing to do with democracy - we were not a democracy at that time, we were fighting to have one established.

Under a democratic system like ours, some rights cannot be voted away by a majority. A person above brought in the example of Hitler - even if the majority in India voted to send a certain minority to the gas chambers, it cannot be done under the present system. So a majority govt cannot pass any law they want. That's a misconception and misunderstanding of democracy. Check out why the bill of rights was introduced as one of the founding documents of the USA. We borrowed heavily from it too.

some people think it should be legal to have sex with married people , i grossly disapprove

No one would be forcing you to do it(or others holding the same view). The point being made is that one's opinion (on such issues), no matter however strongly held, should not be imposed on others holding a different view.

Back
Top Bottom