What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Okay, with each passing day I am getting more and more apprehensive about BJP's victory in the next elections.
Reason?
They are repeating history. Last time they were blowing their own trumpet with "Shining India" campaign and this time "whatever the name be" is gonna fetch them the same results.
I am not saying the government isn't good, but they don't have to make it so obvious that ppl feel govt is bumptious about it.
@SarthakGanguly i agree to what is written in your signature. :coffee:

Okay, with each passing day I am getting more and more apprehensive about BJP's victory in the next elections.
Reason?
They are repeating history. Last time they were blowing their own trumpet with "Shining India" campaign and this time "whatever the name be" is gonna fetch them the same results.
I am not saying the government isn't good, but they don't have to make it so obvious that ppl feel govt is bumptious about it.
@SarthakGanguly i agree to what is written in your signature. :coffee:

BJP failed in 2004 because 1. Congress had better 'alliance making skills'. 2. Besides, people were more habituated with Congress rule and maybe felt uneasy with a totally non-Congress government ruling the country. 3. Congress was strong in many major states then, and pulled votes in Loksabha. 4. Finally, Sonia Gandhi was a new thing and carried some expectation as well as sympathy. Now all these factors are gone, and many people have understood that 2004 was a mistake.

The why so much concerned about India anyways thanks sir for highlighting this

There are many such foreign elements in this forum who are 'concerned' about India, and (mis)use Indian flags in their profile to troll here.

BJP failed in 2004 because 1. Congress had better 'alliance making skills'. 2. Besides, people were more habituated with Congress rule and maybe felt uneasy with a totally non-Congress government ruling the country. 3. Congress was strong in many major states then, and pulled votes in Loksabha. 4. Finally, Sonia Gandhi was a new thing and carried some expectation as well as sympathy. Now all these factors are gone, and many people have understood that 2004 was a mistake.
Unfortunately those conditions still exist. During the UPA rule, I never saw such concerted efforts to highlight the failures of the UPA govt on social media.
Now every whatsapp group has a few dedicated opposers posting every "failure" real and imaginary.
The reality may be different from what is being peddled as truth, but perception matters in elections.

Unfortunately those conditions still exist. During the UPA rule, I never saw such concerted efforts to highlight the failures of the UPA govt on social media.
Now every whatsapp group has a few dedicated opposers posting every "failure" real and imaginary.
The reality may be different from what is being peddled as truth, but perception matters in elections.

There are, you can only counter them with facts, I do..:)

There are, you can only counter them with facts, I do..:)

facts like NDA govt is doing very good work in every state it governs.................like Punjab...........just a dozen of farmer suicide a week........not a big deal............rampant drug use..............not a big deal...........industries getting closed.............not a big deal

facts like NDA govt is doing very good work in every state it governs.................like Punjab...........just a dozen of farmer suicide a week........not a big deal............rampant drug use..............not a big deal...........industries getting closed.............not a big deal

I am only interested in the central government, state governments are concerns of the people of respective states. :)

[QUOT

I am only interested in the central government, state governments are concerns of the people of respective states. :)

This is the thing, many people place too much expectation on the PM/GoI or misappropriate blame to them when it is the state governments that deserve the scorn.In a federal structure such as India there is a limit to what the central government can do, much of the blame in the above is the STATE government's fault. What can the GoI do about the drug problem in Punjab? Law and order is 100% the state government's responsibility unless they declare an emergency and request external assistance from the centre.I have seen a lot of Punjabis making these simply stupid remarks frequently and blaming the GoI for all of Punjab's ills when the AD seem to be given a free past again and again and are being relected every damn time! I don't know what is wrong with my fellow Punjabis, we all know the Badals are scum but simply resign ourselves to our fate whilst blaming the centre. Punjab was once the "breadbasket of India" but now it is a basket case and that the Punjabis have to take ownership of and start working to address it.

@Parul @Levina @ranjeet

I know this is 100% a PR stunt but it is still good to see a leader of such stature interacting with the common man. Clesrly this chaiwalla carries none of that aloofness of the rest of Delhi's elite.

It's also very welcome to see a PM visiting Indian workers when on foreign tours he did the same in the UAE and Saudi Arabia).

Not many world leaders at all would do something like this.

Every state that is being ruled by BJP is performing very well. Shivraj Chouhan has turned a BIMARU basket case of MP into one of the best performing state of India. Maharashra is doing well ,even in face of a drought. Gujarat always perform well so no surprise there. Rajasthan is on cusp of industrialization. Haryana, Goa, and Chattisgarh are doing OK.

There is no serious problem in any state ruled by BJP.

Your state of Punjab is being ruled by a Sikh religious party (equivalent of Vishwa Hindu Parishad is for Hindus) with BJP in marginal alliance role. If you have to blame a group or organization for drug problem in Punjab, it should be in this order:

(1) People of Punjab: No one ,I repeat no one, is forcing Punjabis to consume drugs. They are taking drugs of their free will, and this problem of Drug addiction among Punjabis is not just limited to Punjab. Even in Delhi Punjabis have a very serious addiction problem.

Substance abuse has always been a constant social problem in Punjab. Before Drugs it was Alcohol. People just switched from alcohol (which btw is a drug, just a mild one) to hard drugs when they became available. The would sniff glue, if neither drugs nor alcohol is available.

No government ,I repeat no government, could control drugs when people themselves are addicts. US has launched an actual "war on drugs" ,which is war in every sense of the word, and still USA is one of the most addict country in the world.

Drug addiction problem is a social problem and originated in moral and social decay of society and could not be solved by force of arms.

(2) Sikhs: You being a fanatic Sikh loves to blame his shortcoming and shortcoming of his compatriots on others/BJP, while ignoring a very basic fact: Punjab is being ruled by a Sikh religious party. If you are looking people responsible for your drug addiction problem, look in a mirror.

Both you and your fellow akali @Juggernautjatt are fanatic akali Sikhs who take regular potshot on Hindus and blame BJP for your drug problem. I find it hilarious. It is you Sikhs who have drug addiction problem. It is your religious party which is ruling Punjab. It is members of your religious party (in effect making them part of Sikh clergy) who peddles drug. From my pov, it is internal problem of Sikh community as all actors in this saga ,both perpetrators and victims, are from Sikh community.

And after this somehow BJP and Hindus are to blame for your personal and communal shortcomings. Wah ji Wah.

Last edited:
All’s not well in Modi’s Gujarat: Will Amit Shah replace Anandiben Patel as CM?

.jpg

IAF_Drone_Crash.jpg

Indian Air Force drone crashes in Gurgaon.

My analysis on this
1. BJP's over confidence led to its loss in 2004 election. After passing with flying colors in state assembly elections, Vajpayee called for early elections. They assumed it was the right time to bring in elections.

2. India was on its way to progress due to reforms, infrastructure including Golden Quadrilateral. But "shining India"- the slogan, is what earned their loss. The rural and urban poor gave a fitting comeuppance to BJP for blowing their own trumpet. Even LK Advani admitted that they lost in 2004 due to overconfidence & wrong slogans.
I know there's more to the story but if BJP's in your face ad campaigns continue then it might prove disastrous for the next elections.
or may be I am being too critical....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom