What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Narendra Modi’s approval ratings stay high at 74%

CdPTBAGWAAAA921.jpg

Narendra Modi’s approval ratings stay high at 74% - Livemint

There is a busy bridge in the city of Pune called Mhatre Bridge. Everyday, it is traversed by thousands of people, but not many people know or care that the bridge is named after an unsung Indian hero, Shri Ravindra Hareshwar Mhatre, who was brutally killed by Kashmiri terrorists at the young age of 48 while he was serving as a diplomat in the Indian Embassy in Birmingham in the UK.

Ravindra Mhatre was abducted and killed in an attempt to secure the release of terrorist Maqbo...ol Bhat of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front - yeah, the same Maqbool Bhat, in whose name separatist slogans were raised at ‪#‎JNU‬.

Mhatre was kidnapped as he was stepping out of a Baker's shop after picking up a birthday cake for his daughter. Mhatre's daughter was only 14 when he disappeared forever from her life. Her father's body was found three days later on a sidestreet in Birmingham.

The then PM Indira Gandhi refused to negotiate with the terrorists and Maqbool Bhat was hanged to death days after Mhatre's body was found. A few months after that, Mrs. Gandhi visited Mhatre's ageing parents in Mumbai and allegedly said to them that on a personal level, she was guilty of taking their son away from them, but her hands were tied.

In an emotional interview, Mhatre's daughter talks about how her father's murder changed her life forever.

The Kashmiri terrorists haven't forgotten Maqbul Bhat, but we Indians have forgotten Ravindra Mhatre.

Source - a WA update in Marathi and Wikipedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD672cqBkRg

TFI

There is a busy bridge in the city of Pune called Mhatre Bridge. Everyday, it is traversed by thousands of people, but not many people know or care that the bridge is named after an unsung Indian hero, Shri Ravindra Hareshwar Mhatre, who was brutally killed by Kashmiri terrorists at the young age of 48 while he was serving as a diplomat in the Indian Embassy in Birmingham in the UK.

Ravindra Mhatre was abducted and killed in an attempt to secure the release of terrorist Maqbo...ol Bhat of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front - yeah, the same Maqbool Bhat, in whose name separatist slogans were raised at ‪#‎JNU‬.

Mhatre was kidnapped as he was stepping out of a Baker's shop after picking up a birthday cake for his daughter. Mhatre's daughter was only 14 when he disappeared forever from her life. Her father's body was found three days later on a sidestreet in Birmingham.

The then PM Indira Gandhi refused to negotiate with the terrorists and Maqbool Bhat was hanged to death days after Mhatre's body was found. A few months after that, Mrs. Gandhi visited Mhatre's ageing parents in Mumbai and allegedly said to them that on a personal level, she was guilty of taking their son away from them, but her hands were tied.

In an emotional interview, Mhatre's daughter talks about how her father's murder changed her life forever.

The Kashmiri terrorists haven't forgotten Maqbul Bhat, but we Indians have forgotten Ravindra Mhatre.

Source - a WA update in Marathi and Wikipedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD672cqBkRg

TFI

Thank you for reminding us. :tup:

this terrorist-support thread needs to be closed.

@nair , explain to me why my post got a negative rating.

@Irfan Baloch @haviZsultan @waz @Slav Defence - sorry i had to tag you but this is necessary... there is a pm session currently ongoing, started by @WAJsal, and it is about me being ganged-up on by some indian members, including nair, and wajsal is yet to bring it to a conclusion to my satisfaction despite 11 pages and four days.

now, instead of nair seeing what is obvious about this thread or even asking me my reason for saying the quoted statement, he has proceeded to give me negative rating.

what is going on with pdf?? is there no democracy here??

Last edited:

@Irfan Baloch @haviZsultan @waz @Slav Defence - sorry i had to tag you but this is necessary... there is a pm session currently ongoing, started by @WAJsal, and it is about me being ganged-up by some indian members, including nair, and wajsal is yet to bring it to a conclusion to my satisfaction.

now, instead of nair seeing what is obvious about this thread or even asking me my reason for saying the quoted statement, he has proceeded to give me negative rating.

what is going on with pdf??
mullahs have already been kept at bay but,sanghis will eventually take over this forum:help: no forum for oldman:undecided:

@Irfan Baloch @haviZsultan @waz @Slav Defence - sorry i had to tag you but this is necessary... there is a pm session currently ongoing, started by @WAJsal, and it is about me being ganged-up on by some indian members, including nair, and wajsal is yet to bring it to a conclusion to my satisfaction despite 11 pages of it.

what is going on with pdf??

Isn't it obvious? You are derailing a thread with your useless one liners. If you want the thread closed , take it up with the mods.

51355581.cms
Facing accusations from Congress party over letting Vijay Mallya escape from the country without making him pay his debts; government today claimed that Mallya was in fact on a secret mission to bring back black money.

Government claims it was a part of its master plan to let liquor baron flee the country so that he could set his foot abroad, project himself as a fugitive from Indian law (just like Lalit Modi) and then get down to his real task of extracting black money stashed offshore.

"We are very serious about bringing black money back to India. And, we have entrusted this responsibility on the 'able' shoulders of Vijay Mallya ji, who has proven his credentials time and again by excelling in fraudulent activities," confirmed a source from PMO. "He will win trust of people over there by boasting about how Indian authorities are after him and how he has made a fool of them. Aur dushman ka dushman toh dost hota hai," he added.

The source from PMO further claimed, "If BJP was responsible for Mallya's escape, then do you think PM Modi would've missed an opportunity of going abroad with him."

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley further revealed how it was a masterstroke by his government to strike a deal with Mallya - of waiving off his loans in lieu of the black money that he will bring back.

"We all are aware of the talent of Mr Mallya, when it comes to extracting money from banks. We have full faith that he will be able to display same skills while dealing with Swiss banks. In fact, we are confident that not only the Indian black money, he will be able to trick Swiss bank authorities into parting away with black money of other countries," Jaitley explained how it was all part of BJP's grand plan to boost GDP.

Meanwhile, Congress insiders claim that so impressed is the high command by Mallya that when he returns, he would be offered a prominent position in the party.

"He is corrupt, has siphoned off Indians tax payers' money, has a good for nothing son. He is perfect match for our party," Congress spokesperson justified the party's decision.

Mocktale: Govt says Vijay Mallya has left country on a secret mission to bring back black money - Times of India

:lol: :lol:

@Irfan Baloch @haviZsultan @waz @Slav Defence - sorry i had to tag you but this is necessary... there is a pm session currently ongoing, started by @WAJsal, and it is about me being ganged-up on by some indian members, including nair, and wajsal is yet to bring it to a conclusion to my satisfaction despite 11 pages of it.

what is going on with pdf?? is there no democracy here??

Well You are not that innocent to have not understood the reason behind it......... Actually i wanted to ask you to edit it to get it reversed it (since no one has quoted it ), Now that you have made a complain, Let us leave it to mods to take a call......

Ganging up with them to you???? I dont even remember having a conversation with you, and afaik i was asked to convey my views on the issues by @WAJsal, and do not add me to be part of the problem .....

Well You are not that innocent to have not understood the reason behind it

i am a simple and straight-talking person so i don't understand any hidden meanings behind your act... so please explain.

Ganging up with them to you???? I dont even remember having a conversation with you, and afaik i was asked to convey my views on the issues by @WAJsal, and do not add me to be part of the problem .....

you may not have spoken to me ever but in the course of the pm conversation you joined the crooks, so you cannot say "don't add me".

NEW DELHI: The RSS is committed to awakening national consciousness in society but doesn't believe in the show business that is the order of present day politics, the organisation's Akhil Bharatiya Sah Prachar Pramukh (publicity incharge) J Nandakumar has said.

Speaking to ET, the national functionary of the RSS said the government has done the right thing in JNU by sending out a clear message, "universities have to instil patriotism and social awareness in youth."

"The tone and tenor of the slogans raised at the JNU by a group of misguided students were quite unbecoming of a university and hence unacceptable. I feel that any anti-national activity, either by students or others, should be dealt very strictly. Any leniency shown in such matters is sure to weaken the nation. Government has taken appropriate decision and the due process is on." he said.

To a question on the recent issue of a news anchor of a Malayalam channel, Sindhu Suryakumar, receiving threat calls from several right wingers after she hosted a discussion on Durga and Mahisasur, Nandakumar said the RSS had absolutely no role in it. Sindhu had reportedly received over 2,000 threat calls after she anchored a show on HRD Minister Smriti Irani's comments on Mahishasura.

She was accused of denigrating the goddess, though her programme had only dealt with Irani's comments in Parliament.

Nandakumar, who hails from Kerala, said if anyone was found guilty, one should be punished. "But one thing is quite obvious that a hurt feeling among Hindus is increasing due to such incidents. It is not a matter related to any particular organisation or individual, it was related to the sentiment and religious faith of a particular community. Let police go into the matter and come out with a clear picture about the whole unsavory episode. If at all someone has used abusive language against a lady journalist, no doubt, one should be punished," he said.

"At the same time, all should come forward against the irresponsible misuse of the so called 'Freedom of expression," he said, adding, in Kerala everything, including the media was politicised. "Kerala is the classical example where the environment of pseudo secularism not only prevails but even thrives. Quite naturally, a majority of the media have arrayed against the Hindutva movement," Nandakumar alleged.

Nandakumar claimed that the RSS has been working to organise the whole society. "We always concentrate on raising the level of national consciousness of the common man. That alone will ensure our wellbeing and prosperity as a nation." "Being a Swayamsevak, I don't think we require somebody's certificate to prove our patriotism. Even our worst enemies can't question our patriotism and our commitment to this sacred nation," he said, adding ever since the flag code was amended in 2002, the RSS has been hoisting the Tricolour on Independence Day and Republic Day at Nagpur headquarters.
Government did the right thing in JNU: RSS - The Economic Times

Back
Top Bottom