What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

@Star Wars you must watch this - video of the day: Crash Course on Hinduism | Page 10 post #146.

Thanks for the video @TejasMk3 , that thread is closed now so I thought i will post my reply here. The video is very informative, but I am surprised that despite such close links Japanese never acknowledged Indians. what's the reason?
I hope the guy who runs unofficial:subramanian swamy FB page (are u listening???) stumbles upon your video and posts it on his page.
IMO,that video deserves a larger audience.
Btw any idea on how to convert a normal youtube video/fb video into whatsapp video???
@SarthakGanguly will you be able to help?

Japanese always acknowledged Indians, it was Indians who failed to reciprocate. In fact Japs are the people who spent about 2 billion dollars studying India and Indian society for its stability factor. More than any American university. The Japanese embassy stopped confiding in Indians because the moment they would speak to our guys the Americans would get to know it the very same day. Indian Foreign Services are manned by the stupidest Indians ever.

Yes, please do share it. India and the world shall benefit.
Yes i will. :angel:
I am gonna enlighten a lot of people with that video. lolz

The Japanese embassy stopped confiding in Indians because the moment they would speak to our guys the Americans would get to know it the very same day.
Any examples to quote?

I heard Ravish Kumar was acting really frustrated today in NDTV

Last edited:
Blackstone believes in India blockbuster, to invest over $2 billion in India over the next 5-6 years - The Economic Times

Blackstone believes in India blockbuster, to invest over $2 billion in India over the next 5-6 years

Modi government set to revamp Indira Gandhi's poverty eradication 'Twenty Point Programme'

Modi government set to revamp Indira Gandhi's poverty eradication 'Twenty Point Programme' - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's signature projects Swachh Bharat Mission and Housing for All will replace Indira Gandhi's Twenty Point Programme - a poverty eradication initiative of successive Congress governments.

Twenty Point Programme, which gauges poverty eradication in different states on certain parameters, is set to get a Modi stamp as older parameters are being replaced by the NDA government's initiatives. The programme, launched by Gandhi in 1975, was restructured in 1982, 1986 and 2006 with addition of newer parameters.

However, this time the government is looking at a complete makeover, officials said. At present, the Twenty Point Programme tracks progress of each state under schemes such as job creation, urban poor families assisted under Seven Point Charter, food security, number of houses constructed for economically weaker sections, electrification of villages, number of seedlings planted, roads constructed under Prime Minister's Gramin Sadak Yojana, food security and number of self-help groups promoted.

The government will now replace parameters like number of seedlings planted and food security with performance of states under Swachh Bharat Mission and Housing for All initiative. Officials said the government would also include Sustainable Development Goals as parameters of Twenty Point Programme. The new parameters will include zero hunger, provision of clean water.

Bringing In New Parameters Makes Sense

This won't be the first revision of the indicators of the 20-point programme. The last one happened in 2006. Including new parameters reflecting new human development-related priorities like sanitation makes sense.

The government must go a step further to ensure that those included in the UN-sponsored sustainable development goals find reflection in the 20-point programme. The revamped programme should include an improved tracking system so that assessments are done both nationally and state-wise to allow for better monitoring.

Cabinet clears $7-billion reform package to boost discoms

Cabinet clears $7-billion reform package to boost discoms - The Economic Times

Exactly! In their eagerness to bash the government, the media and liberals, many of whom call themselves environmentalists also, fail to mention the positive effects of banning beef.

Although I personally believe that government shouldn't be dictating people's dietary habits, I shudder to think of a world where an additional Billion people start producing and eating beef! Imagine the drain on the resources it will have, considering that most of India suffers critically from scarcity of water and land.

Wiw didn't knew about this

Wiw didn't knew about this

That's true. Growing cattle for beef/meat is the single biggest environmentally damaging way to produce your food. That's the reason New Zealand is considered to be one of the biggest contributors of greenhouse gases per capita despite the lack of any major polluting industries.

And the whole world should actually be thanking Indians for not eating as much beef as themselves!

Back
Top Bottom