What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Secular stable se ek aur comment .... this guy fought on Congress ticket.
thumb-maro salo ko.jpg

These exits polls are real crazy, no one can be sure which is correct. Almost like there were no exit polls .:lol: Normally, one would atleast get some direction even if the numbers were wrong. This time, not even that.

Depends on which one, local bihar news channels are for more credible, ABP and C-voter are utterly useless Cicerio and Axis at least have a history of some level of credibility . Todays Chanakya has the most due to getting the trends and the party right most of the time..

JantaKaMood(JKM) exit poll is coming out soon,FYI they gave 66 seats to AAP in Delhi

No matter the results of this election, all I can say is that the biggest Winner by and far this election has been Lalu Prasad Yadav.

He got a new limelight under the elections and fresh boost that would not have been possible for a disgraced scammer and looter any other way. Nearly all predictions are pointing towards his rise as coming at a huge cost to JDU and Nitish Kumar, where he might even exceed the former in total seat count now.

Biggest Loser has actually been Rahul Gandhi and the Congress Party. White Nitish might have ceded control and votes to his arch rival he still is still a player in Bihar and will be for the forseeable future. On the other hand. Congress was utterly sidelined and ultimately proved even less useful than even a small local party. Neither Lalu nor Nitish ever wanted to be seen alongside Rahul, and Congress provided neither the money nor the organization or manpower that is expected of a national party when compared to the BJP who unleashed an armada or volunteers, GPS vans, helicoptors, and the general pomp and show that is expected of a real national party. Congress could have been removed from the equation altogether and the end results would have been the same. Their effect on this election, or rather lack thereof, will be taken into consideration in future state elections where they will not be given large number of seats nor be featured as prominently in any future 'grand alliances', a harsh reality that will note bode well for a party that does not have any strong power-base in any state of the country. Their only viable strategy right now is to bank off the Rayja Sabha seats to give them relevance and then start winning state elections through coalitions to re-muscle their way back to power. A loss here in Bihar would mean the premature end of that strategy, and practically the end of any sort of expected resurgence in the Congress Party, instead they will shrivel up and fade into irrelevancy.

Congress could rightly be excused in Delhi given the unorthodox nature of that election, but if they don't have a strong showing, despite being gifted 40 seats to contest, in Bihar then I am expected some serious threats and internal shake-ups in the party. We have begun to see the cracks already. If Rahul cannot prove that he can bring votes to the table, I don't think even his mother can save him. If anything they will try to get rid of her too. If they don't do anything then they are destined to continue losing elections until they fade away entirely, not even surviving to really contest 2019. At the end of the day a political party and its leaders must prove itself capable of being able to WIN elections.

Emergency was done in the wake of a challenge to unseat Indira Gandhi. Not like she cared for what the preamble said.

No urgency. Essentially a political addition.

You are right that during the drafting it was decided to not use the word because the constitution did not fit in with the then understood definition of secularism - personal laws based on religion,a directive on beef ban etc....Over time, there was a building of a different version of secularism, both the courts & the polity started defining it that way. The courts have always held that India is secular, the constitution was itself secular in its basics even if it was not there in the preamble and was recognised as such.The addition of the word does not change the character.

You didn't answer my basic question. I think during emergency you can tinker with constitution even if you don't have 2/3 rd majority.That's what I belive , I am not expert on legal matters.

And on second point as well you are just beating around bushes. Sickularism din't fit politicaly back in 1951 and all those Nehru era of 2/3rd majorities but somehow that misfit finds it way to fit in during emergency ?? :rofl: I would say bad timing.

:lol: You said "Regular" bills... Land Bill and GST are not "regular" bills

Wait till 2017 - 2018 for any of the big ticket bills , hopefully by then we will have enough seats in Upper house along with other rational parties to pass the bill...

GST aur labor reforms pass karde bass

Yeh woh nahi hai

I must remind you again that you are blinded by direction less right wing rhetoric on social media and completely oblivious to the good work being done in every other mohalla next to you thanks to Kejriwal.

I must remind you again that you are blinded by direction less right wing rhetoric on social media and completely oblivious to the good work being done in every other mohalla next to you thanks to Kejriwal.

What good work was done ?

The rise of Dengue cases in Delhi is not some right-wing conspiracy. The only really great thing he has done so far is to strip the Wakq Boards of their power.

Back
Top Bottom