What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Cabinet increases subsidised LPG cylinders from nine to 12 | Firstpost

The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved an increase in the number of subsidised domestic LPG cylinders that a household can get in a year from nine to 12. This, after Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had on 17 January requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to increase the subsidy saying nine cylinders were not sufficient for a household. "A family can get one cylinder every month," said oil minister Veerappa Moily. Reuters "Prime Ministerji, nine cylinders are not enough... the people want 12 cylinders not nine," Gandhi had said, during an AICC meeting in New Delhi. Immediately after the meeting, MoS in the Prime Minister's Office V Narayanasamy had said that the government will raise the allocation as Gandhi had made the request and he was the de facto leader of the Congress. Last week, Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily had said the Cabinet was likely to soon consider increasing the quota of subsidised cooking gas cylinders. "After our vice president Rahul Gandhi said nine cylinders are not enough, I have moved a Cabinet note to increase the quota to 12. I think the Cabinet is likely to consider the proposal this week," Moily had said after launching the sale of 5-kg cooking gas (LPG) cylinders at petrol pumps in the national capital. The move is likely benefit 10 percent of domestic LPG consumers who use above nine cylinders in a year. The minister had said 89.2 percent of the 15 crore LPG consumers use up to nine cylinders in a year and it was only 10 percent of the consumers that have to buy the additional requirement at the market price. If the quota is raised to 12, about 97 percent of the LPG consumers would be covered by subsidised LPG, he said. But increasing the subsidy will also come at a cost for the government. If the Cabinet does agree to a hike, which in all likelihood will happen, it will result in an additional fuel subsidy burden of Rs 3,300 crore-4,000 crore. The government already incurs about Rs 46,000 crore per annum as LPG subsidy. The government had initially capped the supply of subsidised domestic LPG cylinders to six per household annually in September 2012 in a bid to cut its subsidy bill. The quota was raised to nine in January 2013. With inputs from PTI

Read more at: Cabinet increases subsidised LPG cylinders from nine to 12 | Firstpost

It was the Congress itself that removed subsidy on LPG and imposed a limit of 6 and later 9 cylinders a year, now they are increasing the subsidy limit to 12 cylinders, so, should we curse Congress for removing subsidy or praise it for giving subsidy for 12 cylinders? First decide yourself and then come back.

Edit: And does Congress want votes for that? Seriously?

1625485_10152173728176488_1475384812_n.jpg

Roy K. Cherian
1492443_10152102667516488_1405715389_o.jpg

I had posed a question this morning. And I had posted it in all earnesty after being disgusted with the fact that Rahul Gandhi was found floundering. Now I have my answer clear. I will any day vote for incompetence than for a pack of lies. I had commented in TOI on an article where Arun Jaitley was criticising Rahul Gandhi's interview. My comment was simple "Let Narendra Modi have the guts to come on National TV before criticising Rahul Gandhi" Can you believe the comment was taken off as an offensive post. I am attaching a photo of the mail. This is precisely what is happening. No one knows what is happening in Gujarat. We are being fed only what Namo wants us to hear. In fact on National TV yesterday Piyush Goyal the spokesperson of BJP said that NaMo will come on TV only if he is allowed to decide the questions that should be asked. What do you prefer - incompetence or lack of freedom of speech!!

1782016_513291358783541_1540452297_n.jpg
On January 30, 1948 Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by a religious fanatic. Capturing the grief of the people of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru said "the light has gone out of our lives". Blaming religious extremism for Gandhi ji's assassination, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel said "The speeches of the Sangh leaders are poisonous. It is as a result of this venom that Mahatma Gandhi has been assassinated. The followers of the Sangh have celebrated Gandhiji’s assassination by distributing sweets”
1604618_10152162223662500_1728678717_n.jpg
When he was attacked with bullets and assassinated, he said "Hey Ram" - The true Mahatma
He never said "he Ram" Its a blatant lie... Go to High Court of Mumbai/Delhi, you will find the records...
Reason being he was killed, he was supporting the idea of helping Pakistan.. He threaten to sit for hunger strike if 65 crore INR not given to Pakistan... He wanted to go to Pakistan for yatra... He made Sardar Vallabh Bhai patel become HM instead of PM... Neharu was a characterless man....
nehru_edwina.jpg

The shocking love triangle between Lord Mountbatten, his wife and the founder of modern India | Mail Online
The-shocking-love-triangle-Lord-Mountbatten-wife-founder-modern-India.html

I had posed a question this morning. And I had posted it in all earnesty after being disgusted with the fact that Rahul Gandhi was found floundering. Now I have my answer clear. I will any day vote for incompetence than for a pack of lies. I had commented in TOI on an article where Arun Jaitley was criticising Rahul Gandhi's interview. My comment was simple "Let Narendra Modi have the guts to come on National TV before criticising Rahul Gandhi" Can you believe the comment was taken off as an offensive post. I am attaching a photo of the mail. This is precisely what is happening. No one knows what is happening in Gujarat. We are being fed only what Namo wants us to hear. In fact on National TV yesterday Piyush Goyal the spokesperson of BJP said that NaMo will come on TV only if he is allowed to decide the questions that should be asked. What do you prefer - incompetence or lack of freedom of speech!!

No doubt you will choose Incompetence. You would have found any other reason to choose incompetence. A comment being removed because it was false and offensive will be called invasion on freedom of speech but removing a huge number of entries using government channels is not.

And the line " No one knows what is happening in Gujarat. " is really funny. A huge number of NGOs , Newspapers , Magazines and Channels have been digging Gujrat to find anything for last 12 years. They must have been stupid if they did not find anything.

There is no need to justify your love for "incompetent" , communal and corrupt Congress. Its your choice. Spare us with snapshots and family photographs.

1625485_10152173728176488_1475384812_n.jpg

Roy K. Cherian
1492443_10152102667516488_1405715389_o.jpg

typical mallu christian. what can i say? i have 4 such morons in my family. if he was so damn passionate to know about gujarat and dosent trust anyone, why the fk does he not book a train ticket and visit. seems well off enough to afford it. judgemental retards.

Gujarat BJP declares a 78-member election management committee led by shri Parshottam Rupala for Lok Sabha polls 2014...

Back
Top Bottom