What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Reports saying that 33% of votes were polled before 12 noon. Normally voting picks up close to the end of the day. If it is 33% already, my guess is that there will 65% to 70% polling in the first phase. High voter turn out never has been a good sign for fodder-thieves.

:o::o: Woah!! a VERY BRAVE statement to make!! Amit Shah was furious with Giriraj Singh when he said no savarna would be the CM!

Wonder what Shahnawaz was thinking when he said this! Or will this be the official party position?

But we should not forget that Modi wherever the BJP has won has made the CM a person who went against the general stereotype/criteria(Brahmin in Maha., Punjabi in Haryana, OBC in jharkhand) .

I think Bihar could see it's 2nd(I think) EBC CM if the PM goes ahead with such a criteria, this could finish NiKu's EBC votebank forever. But at the same time anger Sushil Modi & Nand Kishore Yadav who feel they have a greater right to the throne!
Way I look at it...KCR is going to plunder everything that was given to him in a platter when TG was formed. He spent all his time playing politics of protest without doing a single beneficial work for United AP worth mentioning. Now he is behaving like a spoilt brat spending everything that was there due to good work of previous CMs like CBN & RR (to some extent).
Meanwhile CBN is on a mission. That guy is working tirelessly to build new AP from scratch. & I'm eagerly waiting to see the completion of new state capital. I am certain.... he will turn that into one of the best in India..& a rival commercial hub to HYD.

You are going to have to wait for a long,long time for the capital to come. perhaps 2 decades. The main part/administration+govt. buildings will be done in 10 years, the rest will need lots of funding which AP lacks especially when it plans to build an international city which is to be the envy of the rest of the nation. But we can expect funding/help from Singapore,Japan & even South Korea if things go right

I estimate Amaravati as a whole will be finished/reach it's potential in 20-30 years depending upon the party in power at state+who the CM will be, CBN will not last for more than 15 years if you ask me.

Not sure of the femininity but worth a read

Personal Experience of a Retired Col. (Under Modi Sarkar)

Two events happened to me recently about which I want to share my experiences.

My dad passed away about 5 months ago at the ripe old age of 94.

He had retired in 1975 as Supdt.Engr in CPWD in Delhi and was getting the central govt pension from 1975 to 2014 (about 40,000/-per month).

In the year 2010 he wrote to the ministry of pensions asking to include my mother's name Sharadha,now 89 yrs as the family pensioner.

In the year 2012. due to my father's failing eyesight I reminded them by email as well as by phone to Delhi. I was told they are processing it and will send the revised papers "soon".

2014 came and my dad had still not recd confirmation of my mom's name as family pensioner.

He passed away assuming his wife will not be the recipient of around 25,000/-PM as her pension. When I went to the bank after my dad's death with all papers they said my mom's name was not in the pension payment order.

Frustrated I sent a copy of the earlier correspondence of 2010 to the pension ministry. Within 4 days I got an email from some clerk saying the papers will be ready within a week( not a vague "soon").

On the 5 th day I got a phone call from a person who introduced himself as Dr Jitendra Singh and he said the papers with my mom's details have been sent to the bank that very day.

I hung up thanking him. When I checked their web site Dr Jitendra Singh was the minister of state for pensions and
personnel grievances,reporting to a Sr. cabinet minister who was Modi himself.

When I called back to thank the minister himself ,he modestly said it was the PM's directive that no woman who has lost her husband recently should be further traumatized by delayed paperwork on pensions.

(What Manmohan did not do in 4 yrs Modi did in 4 days)

And last month when my mom had to give her life certificate to the bank a bank officer came home to get her signature due to her old age. (Last year I had taken my 93 years old dad to the bank with great difficulty).

The bank also confirmed it was Finance ministry directive to treat Sr. Citizens with extra sensitivity!!

You may decide to share if this mail brought out tears in your eyes too.

Col G Pratap Raju

A more honest article than the one by Swapan Dasgupta

CRFkPZrUAAAV6aG.jpg

The strategic importance of Samastipur | 5Forty3

The strategic importance of Samastipur

With 10 assembly segments, Samastipur is one of the biggest districts in Bihar and has gone to polls on the very first day. This is supposed to be an out and out Mahagathbandhan territory with 9 out of 10 MLAs in the outgoing assembly belonging to RJD-JDU. Many political pundits and even BJP strategists believe that if NDA manages to show strength in this district, it would mean that they are headed for a clear victory in Bihar. While on the other hand, JDU strategists know the importance of retaining Samastipur for their own electoral health.

It is in this atmosphere of very high level of competition that Samastipur district started voting today and initial rounds are showing a tight fight here without any edge to Mahagathbandhan. In fact, by noon, it was quite clear that the number 2 in Nitish cabinet and powerful Bhumihar minister of water resources, Vijay Chaudhary, was trailing behind Ranjit Nirguni of BJP.

Across Samastipur district two factors are standing out with amazing clarity. Youth voters are choosing Modi (read as NDA on the whole) in almost 3:1 ratio while there is also massive consolidation of Upper Caste, MBC and Dalit votes in favour of BJP. Another interesting feature (limited to some parts of this district) of polling till now is that Yadav vote does not seem to be fully behind the secular alliance. In fact, this is coming in as a big surprise and we are awaiting further data to confirm this trend. Our veteran poll analyst from Bihar, Abhinanadan Kumar has provided three possible reasons for this Yadav vote twist (must be stressed only in polling and not reflective of full day data);

• RJD is only contesting 3 seats while JDU is contesting 6 seats and Congress 1 which gives Yadavs that much little incentive to vote for Mahagathbandhan. For instance, Yadavs have never voted for Vijay Chaudhary and are willing to “go even with the devil” against him
  • The Beef issue and Lalu Prasad Yadav’s loud mouthed comments on it have created a sort of identity crisis among a large section of Yadavs (especially in Samastipur district) which has possibly triggered a late-swing
  • Yadav youth (born after the 1980s) do not really identify much with the original Mandal struggle and have shown willingness to adopt Narendra Modi as their leader in the 2014 LS polls
Beyond Yadavs too, Samastipur seems to be showing some amount of change. The Nishad-Mallah community which had traditionally supported Nitish Kumar is now solidly behind NDA. In fact, LJP is getting almost one-sided votes of Nishads in Kalyanpur mainly owing to Mukesh Saini extending his full support to NDA. This has made the contest in Kalyanpur a tight battle although in overall numbers JDU still maintains a slight upper hand.

If, by the end of the day, trends remain similar to what they are till noon and NDA manages to win 3-5 seats in Samastipur district, it could well mean the end of Nitish Kumar’s Chief Ministership. Samastipur is a crucial swing district and the secular alliance will put all out efforts to retain this stronghold in the next 3-4 hours.

But ain't , exit polls banned by EC till the last phase ??
THis is NOT an exit poll, it just keeps us up to date with the reality on the ground.. you could call it a follow up as to how things are going on ground ;)

Also he is just stating the trends-JDU is weak in this district, yadavs are going this way....etc .
He is NOT predicting the no. of seats anyside is getting

Fearless Journalism, fcuk your rigths we want the TRPs.
CRGu1kuWgAA2lF3.jpg

This is really sick journalism. Times Now deserves an FIR against it.

Fearless Journalism, fcuk your rigths we want the TRPs.
CRGu1kuWgAA2lF3.jpg

This is really sick journalism. Times Now deserves an FIR against it.

:o::o: Woah!! a VERY BRAVE statement to make!! Amit Shah was furious with Giriraj Singh when he said no savarna would be the CM!

Wonder what Shahnawaz was thinking when he said this! Or will this be the official party position?

But we should not forget that Modi wherever the BJP has won has made the CM a person who went against the general stereotype/criteria(Brahmin in Maha., Punjabi in Haryana, OBC in jharkhand) .

I think Bihar could see it's 2nd(I think) EBC CM if the PM goes ahead with such a criteria, this could finish NiKu's EBC votebank forever. But at the same time anger Sushil Modi & Nand Kishore Yadav who feel they have a greater right to the throne!

You are going to have to wait for a long,long time for the capital to come. perhaps 2 decades. The main part/administration+govt. buildings will be done in 10 years, the rest will need lots of funding which AP lacks especially when it plans to build an international city which is to be the envy of the rest of the nation. But we can expect funding/help from Singapore,Japan & even South Korea if things go right

I estimate Amaravati as a whole will be finished/reach it's potential in 20-30 years depending upon the party in power at state+who the CM will be, CBN will not last for more than 15 years if you ask me.

Didn't knew that however from what I've read

Yadavs (14 per cent)+ Muslims (16 per cent)+ Kurmis (4 per cent) = 34 % for MGB

Forward castes (14 per cent)+ Dalits (16 per cent) + Kushwahas (4 per cent) = 34 % for NDA

So ultimately how EBCs (30 per cent) swing will decide the fate of elections so good call having a declared EBC CM.

Ps: BJP has also given 22 tickets to Yadavs hoping to divide RJD votes

Didn't knew that however from what I've read

Yadavs (14 per cent)+ Muslims (16 per cent)+ Kurmis (4 per cent) = 34 % for MGB

Forward castes (14 per cent)+ Dalits (16 per cent) + Kushwahas (4 per cent) = 34 % for NDA

So ultimately how EBCs (30 per cent) swing will decide the fate of elections so good call having a declared EBC CM.

Ps: BJP has also given 22 tickets to Yadavs hoping to divide RJD votes
MGB gave 65 tickets.. 65 to Yadavs , giving 22 is not enough. All they can hope for is the votes of the youth+Lalu's beef gaffe to anger some yadavs.

& Kushwahas are divided!! Don't automatically assume they will vote just because of RLSP, most of them are not loyal to RLSP!! Many will still vote for who NiKu wants them too.

Even some Mahadalits still view NiKu as a messiah!(non-Musahar ones)

& even SuMo is from the EBC category I think(or is it OBC)-Bania.

@magudi- I just confirmed with a contact of mine, Prem Kumar despite being a top leader may lose his seat due to anti-incumbency+MGB castes unity, this could be a last ditch attempt to save him, but going by previous trends this could be certain.

I wish @jha or @arp2014 were here with us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom