What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

That wiki article just states a line and gives no source. It is very suspicious. If we have some relevant demographic census data before and after 1991, it will be more useful.

In this wiki article for example it says:

Karnataka ethnic groups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In 1991, Tamils constituted the largest ethnolinguistic minority in Bangalore city making up 21.38 percent of population."

i.e they were the largest of the minorities....and somehow this is presented as largest ethnic group in the riots page.

I am more inclined to believe the latter....at least it gives a percentage figure of 21% which
But we don't know if it taken before or after riots...Even now most of the old Bangalore parts are Tamil majority like halasoor etc...
It was not that difficult to target Tamils, Tamil were majority in city areas and southern parts only,surrounding by a predominantly Kannada population+then Kannada government support...
30-40 Tamils were killed in that incident and many were escaped to neighboring Tamilnadu and Kerala..

Since the census was released in 1991, the data would have been taken from the years preceding it since a census is no quick task to accomplish.

oh Consequence what can you do ? every one here know your intentions and no one takes your posts seriously ...And I have no regrets in targeting the Mlechas
lol...This is predominantly a Hindu forum that too sanghis,who have blind hatred for anything non Hindu....i am not a fool to expect flower garlands from you guys...
for divide Hindus,we don't need to do anything...recent happenings in Nepal or the ongoing Dalit killing or raping incidents are classical examples of Hindu unity..lol

Sanghis are free to attack any religion,can post any stuffs about Christianity or islam,and have the authority to divide Indians on religious basis..if you target our religion,be prepare to face the consequences too..i have no regrets..

lol...This is predominantly a Hindu forum that too sanghis,who have blind hatred for anything non Hindu....i am not a fool to expect flower garlands from you guys...
for divide Hindus,we don't need to do anything...recent happenings in Nepal or the ongoing Dalit killing or raping incidents are classical examples of Hindu unity..lol

Unfortunately when you respond in the manner that you have chosen to, you tend to alienate even those who do not belong to the specific category (assuming that you are aiming at a specific sub category:rolleyes:) that you are targeting. I see no point in using a broad brush to paint everyone as the same or that we are all out to get you. Unhelpful.

Since the census was released in 1991, the data would have been taken from the years preceding it since a census is no quick task to accomplish.
below is from Wikipedia..
Tamil-speakers are, especially, found in large numbers in and around the city of Bangalore. [4] Until 1991, Tamils formed the single largest ethnic group in Bangalore Urban district. The 1991 census, for the first time, recorded a Kannadiga majority ahead of Tamils in the district.
....thats because many surrounding Kannada majority areas were incorporated into Bangalore areas..

Unfortunately when you respond in the manner that you have chosen to, you tend to alienate even those who do not belong to the specific category (assuming that you are aiming at a specific sub category:rolleyes:) that you are targeting. I see no point in using a broad brush to paint everyone as the same or that we are all out to get you. Unhelpful.
sorry if i hurt you(i know you are from Karnataka)...I am continuously targeted by Kannada posters like Prajapathi/Samudra manthan ..we Christians are called as traitors,rapists etc...they even abusing st.Thomas Christians of Kerala(my own community)...if they do so,be prepare to face..
I have nothing against Kannada..i think i am the one and only non Kannada in this forum who could speak good Kannada...

- Sorry to irritate you ,sir. But who do you think will win Bihar? & what do you think will be the political future of Bihar depending on which one of the side's will win?

Yours Sincerely,

No irritation & stop with the sir bit.

My knowledge of the Bihar elections is limited to what I have gleaned from available sources. My own opinion is that there is probably a strong shift away from the so-called "grand combine" and that by the time elections finish, it might no longer be a close contest. The NDA is clearly on the ascendancy though the fact that Nitesh Kumar retains popularity ratings of over 50% is quite unusual.

I have not been too impressed with how the new BJP governments have performed but Bihar will clearly be benefited with the BJP government rather than one with Lalu in it. The JD(U) may be the party that has still some credibility in that alliance but it is a party that is the weaker of the two in reality. Lalu will always get some percentage of his vote bank & will retain their soft corner, JD(U) might well be a shadow of it's former self if they lose this election and they face the risk of complete marginalisation. This is also the BJP's big chance with Modi's popularity at a high. They really need to consolidate any victory fairly quickly & one can only hope that the victory will be by a large margin so as to be immune to blackmail by their partners. Funnily enough, the BJP needs to tread the Nitesh Kumar path of development though they really need to make a much bigger push if Bihar is to have any hope of breaking the shackles. That might well be the Nitesh Kumar legacy.

@mooppan

This will be my last post to you regarding this subject since I have found the conclusive data from 1981 census:

Link may not work..google "Bangalore_1990_Chapter3_People" (It is the first result)

On page 140 of the document (page 21 of the PDF) we see a 1981 census table regarding language spoken in Bangalore.

Whether you go by district or by urban (metro) agglomeration definition, Kannada speakers outnumbers Tamil speaker by about 1 million to 700,000 respectively...out of total population of about 3 million in 1981.

So even in 1981, Tamils were less than a quarter of population and Kannadigas were about a third.

Now there has been more intra-state migration compared to inter-state migration so the figures today stand at more than 40% kannadiga and about 20% Tamil population in Bangalore.

So there is nothing factual about Tamils being a massive majority just before 1991 riots and suddenly dropping because of a "genocide".

If you want to deny all of this and keep spouting your agenda, that is on you....do not expect to be taken seriously.

sorry if i hurt you(i know you are from Karnataka)...I am continuously targeted by Kannada posters like Prajapathi/Samudra manthan ..we Christians are called as traitors,rapists etc...they even abusing st.Thomas Christians of Kerala(my own community)...if they do so,be prepare to face..
I have nothing against Kannada..i think i am the one and only non Kannada in this forum who could speak good Kannada...

No hurt , this is just a internet forum & you would be better served by not handing over the power to hurt you so easily to the other posters you have issues with. You need to develop a thicker skin, will serve you well, both here & in life. As the Buddha said, you can always refuse the gift of abuse, no compulsion to accept it. Your actions only serve to further alienate you from everyone, not just those you wish to target.

Nothing new in Nepal incident ....Dalit killing and rapes are isolated incidents and it will not dent the Hindu unity ...

Err...what genocide? How many died? Bangarappa a hero? Demi God?? Change demography?
Below is from Wikipedia(i can't say all these are true or not,But its the only neutral source we have at present).. On June 25, 1991, the Kaveri Water Tribunal, constituted in 1990, directed the Karnataka state government to release 205 billion ft³ (5.8 km³) of water to Tamil Nadu within a year. Karnataka issued an ordnance to annul the tribunal's award but this was struck down by the Supreme Court of India. The tribunal's award was subsequently gazetted by the Government of India on December 11, 1991.
The very next day, Kannada chaluvalist organisations led by Vatal Nagaraj called for a bandh on December 13 alleging partisan behaviour of the Government of India. [8][9] Their leaders declared
The next day, Kannada chaluvalists allegedly roamed the streets of Bangalore carrying sticks, shouting slogans, beating up Tamil laborers. [9] Tamil businesses, movie theatres and even vehicles with Tamil Nadu license plates were targeted. [8] Soon the riots spread to the Mysore district and other parts of southern Karnataka. [9] Tamil-speaking villagers were driven out and their property confiscated. The arson and killing had a deep psychological effect in the minds of the victims that over two lakh immigrant Tamils moved out of the state within a month. [9][10]
Analysts, meanwhile, consider the violence as a manifestation of the dislike of Tamilians by Kannadigas for the contemptuous attitude nurtured by Tamil migrants for the indigenous Kannada culture and traditions and the economic threat they posed. The award of the Cauvery Water tribunal is believed to have provided the final trigger. [8]
One prominent member of the Karnataka State Legislative Assembly is recorded as having said of Tamil migrants-

They are aggressive, intolerant, they don't learn anything about Kannadiga history, culture or Kannada language, and they try to dominate us. [8]
What was the sudden reason for riot??...As per official statement 18 Tamils were died..Your own Kannadiga samudra mandhan says 70...Don't say it was just because of some kaveri water sharing...

Below is from Wikipedia(i can't say all these are true or not,But its the only neutral source we have at present).. On June 25, 1991, the Kaveri Water Tribunal, constituted in 1990, directed the Karnataka state government to release 205 billion ft³ (5.8 km³) of water to Tamil Nadu within a year. Karnataka issued an ordnance to annul the tribunal's award but this was struck down by the Supreme Court of India. The tribunal's award was subsequently gazetted by the Government of India on December 11, 1991.
The very next day, Kannada chaluvalist organisations led by Vatal Nagaraj called for a bandh on December 13 alleging partisan behaviour of the Government of India. [8][9] Their leaders declared
The next day, Kannada chaluvalists allegedly roamed the streets of Bangalore carrying sticks, shouting slogans, beating up Tamil laborers. [9] Tamil businesses, movie theatres and even vehicles with Tamil Nadu license plates were targeted. [8] Soon the riots spread to the Mysore district and other parts of southern Karnataka. [9] Tamil-speaking villagers were driven out and their property confiscated. The arson and killing had a deep psychological effect in the minds of the victims that over two lakh immigrant Tamils moved out of the state within a month. [9][10]
Analysts, meanwhile, consider the violence as a manifestation of the dislike of Tamilians by Kannadigas for the contemptuous attitude nurtured by Tamil migrants for the indigenous Kannada culture and traditions and the economic threat they posed. The award of the Cauvery Water tribunal is believed to have provided the final trigger. [8]
One prominent member of the Karnataka State Legislative Assembly is recorded as having said of Tamil migrants-

They are aggressive, intolerant, they don't learn anything about Kannadiga history, culture or Kannada language, and they try to dominate us. [8]
What was the sudden reason for riot??...As per official statement 18 Tamils were died..Your own Kannadiga samudra mandhan says 70...Don't say it was just because of some kaveri water sharing...

...18/70......and that constitutes genocide....?

Nothing new in Nepal incident ....Dalit killing and rapes are isolated incidents and it will not dent the Hindu unity ...
lol...If any Christian priest or a Muslim man rapes a girl...you guys go generalizing and abusing the whole Christianity and Islam...You guys have no shame in starting threads like these in a Pakistan forum..But any Hindus did the very same it is just some isolated incidents or MMS or missionariy-jihadi propaganda....or if any Christian likes me reply anything about Hindu or Hinduism,we are labeled as traitors or anti nationals by the forum sanghis....
Nepal-It says the Hindu unity...Madhesi Hindus are treated like second class citizen by the pahadi Hindus just because of their immigrant Indian ancestry..

Back
Top Bottom