What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Sure, but that is one hell of an anticipation if he predicted that since 2002. I hear they were close even before that...

Look everybody knows Jaitley is close to Modi but thats not the point of contention here

To the Congress? Not a chance. Jaitley has no wish to commit political suicide, the guy is a BJP guy from way back, no point in attempting to tarnish him with that brush.

In that case, it seems like it is more incompetence than malice.

Who is he more closer to Modi or Gandhi ?

I would like to believe its Modi.

Anyway my personal biases against Jaitley is not what matters here why still keep him as FM when he has underperformed and you know very well that your re election prospects are directly proportional to state of economy by 2019

Anyway my personal biases against Jaitley is not what matters here why still keep him as FM when he has underperformed and you know very well that your re election prospects are directly proportional to state of economy by 2019

He will stay as FM till the end of this term. Can't say the same after 2019 though.. Modi would have grown out of his compulsions by then!

tbh, so many people are claiming so many thinks about that 1 man i will reserve my judgements until later... :lol:

He will stay as FM till the end of this term. Can't say the same after 2019 though.. Modi would have grown out of his compulsions by then!
The three key economic reforms it was believed Modi would push through were: land reforms, labour reforms and the goods and services tax. Land reforms have been put on the back burner. Labour reforms never really took off (there have been some minor moves in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, two states which barely have any industry). And so many compromises have been made in the bid to get it passed, that it is better that the Goods and Services Tax does not get passed in its current shape.

If they continue going the way they currently are, Modi and BJP might end up with a majority in the Rajya Sabha, only to lose to the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. And that is something the country cannot afford. Because then the BJP will behave like the Congress is now.

Why has Narendra Modi changed his Mann Ki Baat on land acquisition - Firstpost

tbh, so many people are claiming so many thinks about that 1 man i will reserve my judgements until later... :lol:
I think it's getting to him actually! Off late I see him giving a lot of anti-congress & anti-Gandhi bites! :lol:

Considering the amount of people which are being ragdolled inside the govt. ministries, he may leave if he does not perform...

Considering the amount of people which are being ragdolled inside the govt. ministries, he may leave if he does not perform...

Look i am no economist but here in iim they make us read business-line every morning from 9:30-10 and with that reading experience over the past many months i can tell you he has grossly underperformed

The three key economic reforms it was believed Modi would push through were: land reforms, labour reforms and the goods and services tax. Land reforms have been put on the back burner. Labour reforms never really took off (there have been some minor moves in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, two states which barely have any industry). And so many compromises have been made in the bid to get it passed, that it is better that the Goods and Services Tax does not get passed in its current shape.

If they continue going the way they currently are, Modi and BJP might end up with a majority in the Rajya Sabha, only to lose to the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. And that is something the country cannot afford. Because then the BJP will behave like the Congress is now.

PMO seeks to hasten labour reforms; trade unions say proposed reforms pro-corporate, govt taking unilateral approach - The Economic Times

Land reforms will be done by the states as they see fit,

and not even god could have pushed through GST , if he came down.... as for the 2019 doom and gloom, not gonna happen if BIhar is won....

btw did u read this article ?

NDA-ruled states are topping the ease of doing business rankings - here's why - Firstpost

Things are changing.. & Modi is exerting his control more & more! There have been few direct interventions by the PMO in the past month or so.. whether replacing ED head or transferring various secretaries including finance one! This is only the indication of what's going to come!

Look i am no economist but here in iim they make us read business-line every morning from 9:30-10 and with that reading experience over the past many months i can tell you he has grossly underperformed

As i siad, lets wait and watch. IF he can side line Advani and RSS he can sideline Jaitley too...

and not even god could have pushed through GST , if he came down.... as for the 2019 doom and gloom, not gonna happen if BIhar is won....

God would never push this crap a GST :

This GST is no reform, and the Rajya Sabha must not pass it | Business Standard On The Beat

Even when the tax is eventually implemented, concessions made to win support from states mean many of the obstructions to a customs union will stay.

For example, while the GST will be collected on goods and services in states where they are consumed, Mr Jaitley allowed a 1 percent additional levy on the cross-border transport of goods to please states with large manufacturing bases.

Items such as alcohol, tobacco and petrol have been kept out of the new tax bill. States have also been given the flexibility to fix their GST rates within a band, providing arbitrage in the inter-state movement of goods.

650 Checkpoints Hurt the Economy Bad. GST Wants to Fix That - NDTVProfit.com

Back
Top Bottom