What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

LOL....again you sound like a child protesting that the world is not "fair" :lol:

Negotiations is all about using ALL the tricks in the book to get yourself a good deal. The govt. has show itself a poor negotiator by failing to counter the negotiation tactics adopted by the Army Vetrans.

If the govt. cannot do what it is supposed to do, then maybe it should step down and let someone more competent take over. The real world is not so forgiving of weakness or of incompetence.

If the govt. keeps asking "which should I do" then its game over for the govt. They bloody well know what to do and how to handle the situation.
Lol...You are indeed an idiot. You cannot negotiate with people who are unwilling to negotiate.

If one side is unwilling to negotiate . It's no longer a negociation. It's whining , black mail

Army men should be ignored abd govt. Should impliment orop on what they feel is right.

Which is why the need of the hour is a decision. As long as we do not DEFINE the LIMITS, there are No Limits.

Ignore the protesters. Simple

Lol...You are indeed an idiot. You cannot negotiate with people who are unwilling to negotiate.

If one side is unwilling to negotiate . It's no longer a negociation. It's whining , black mail

Army men should be ignored abd govt. Should impliment orop on what they feel is right.

Ignore the protesters. Simple

LOL..... calling me names will not suffice, you have to prove I am an "idiot" :lol:

If there is no negotiations, then there should be a decision you moron.

If there is neither, then the protests is valid. You cannot be the judge and jury as how the army men should negotiate. That is their privilege. They can do what they want in a free country.

If the decision to end OROP was taken without negotiating with the vetrans, what was the need now to start negotiating with them ?

Since the govt. already fell into the trap by opening the door to negotiation, they have no choice but to keep negotiating. If the govt. has willing handed over their balls in the veterans hands, then why blame the veterans for yanking it for their benefit ?

LOL..... calling me names will not suffice, you have to prove I am an "idiot" :lol:

If there is no negotiations, then there should be a decision you moron.

If there is neither, then the protests is valid. You cannot be the judge and jury as how the army men should negotiate. That is their privilege. They can do what they want in a free country.

If the decision to end OROP was taken without negotiating with the vetrans, what was the need now to start negotiating with them ?

Since the govt. already fell into the trap by opening the door to negotiation, they have no choice but to keep negotiating. If the govt. has willing handed over their balls in the veterans hands, then why blame the veterans for yanking it for their benefit ?

And calling me names will suffice ? Lol what kind of a tool are you ?

When protesters say give orop the way I want or I starve to death, then I dont need to be a judge and jury. It is irrational and stupid. They have the freedom to be stupid in this country just don't expect anyone to fall for it.

Govt. tried negociation to see of there could be an agreement. If negociation fails and protesters are unwilling to budge then you ignore them.

Govt. Tried their best to convince and go along with the army men. If they act stubborn and foolish. It's the fault of the army vets.

I say let them boycott.

They seem to be blinded by their sectarian interest and are not appreciating the fact that providing OROP in itself is a massive burden. Demanding yearly increase on top of it is ludicrous. If revisions occur every 5 years,there is a chance that government could fend off OROP demand from other Government servants as other government servants only have 20 years of pension as they usually retire at their full term of 62 years and OROP revised once in five year would not make much difference to their payouts. But annual appreciation of pension would lead to a complete strike by other government employees for same demand.

Modi was a fool to promise OROP when no one else was promising it ,and he did not needed veteran's support to win election. Right wingers are famous for shooting their own foot because they could not think straight on emotive issues.

I suspect this OROP ,if accepted in totality, would become cause for downfall of this government. Congress would never let this juicy opportunity go by and would mobilize all public servants in massive strike.Modi would fight one strike after another for rest of his term and would not be able to do any work, thus leading to loss in next general election.

Modi made a blunder by allowing negotiations for OROP. He should have held internal consultations and taken a decisions. Now things have spun out of his control and he has no one to blame but himself.

And calling me names will suffice ? Lol what kind of a tool are you ? When protesters say givee orop the way I want or I starve to death
Then I do t need to be judge and jury. It is irrational and stupid. They have the freedom to be stupid in this country just don't expect anyone to fall for it.

They tried negociation to see of there could be an agreement. If negociation fails and protesters are unwilling to budge then you ignore them.

Govt. Tried their best to convince and go along with the army men. If they act stubborn
Ignore them

You started the name calling, I was just returning the favour. :azn:

Only ignoring them will now be political suicide.

End of the day they are Army vetrans and they will get media coverage and public sympathy. Bihar elections is coming up and BJP cannot afford to took either weak or short change the vetrans.

Modi did not expect the Veterans to play politics and screw him, but they just did. Now he will just have to deal with that .

Modi made a blunder by allowing negotiations for OROP. He should have held internal consultations and taken a decisions. Now things have spun out of his control and he has no one to blame but himself.

You started the name calling, I was just returning the favour. :azn:

Only ignoring them will now be political suicide.

End of the day they are Army vetrans and they will get media coverage and public sympathy. Bihar elections is coming up and BJP cannot afford to took either weak or short change the vetrans.

Modi did not expect the Veterans to play politics and screw him, but they just did. Now he will just have to deal with that .

You complaineed about name calling and you call names? You indeed are a hypocryt.

Vets have lost public sympathy . People are not stupid. The more they act stubborn the more they loose support. It's obvious both in the forum and social media.

Vets played politics over something they should not have and in essence lost a lot of support on their cause. Don't expect the public to fall for this. They have also put the indian military into politics for their own personal reasons.

Exclusive: I will present BJP with 52 MLAs, says ex-Assam minister Himanta ...
Firstpost - ‎4 hours ago‎

Before his gradual fallout with his boss Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi since, former state minister and Congress leader Himanta Biswa Sarma rose quickly in in state politics and had a reputation for bringing in efficiency even in government ministries.

As education and health minister he effectively implemented UPA flagship programme National Rural Health Mission and managed to ensure the TET examination for recruitment of teachers in government schools in large numbers was carried out transparently.

Often regarded as Gogoi's confidant, Sarma's stature was a source of jealousy for many of his colleagues as he rose in influence. However, with the emergence of Gaurav Gogoi, who is Lok Sabha MP from Kaliabor seat in the political scenario in 2011, Biswa was perceived to having become more insecure.

The relationship soured and Sarma finally quit the Gogoi cabinet in July 2014. He dramatically claimed to have the support of 38 MLAs and paraded them before then Assam governor JB Patnaik. But with time Sarma realised all his confabulations with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Congress Lok Sabha leader Mallikarjun Kharge and Congress general secretary in-charge for Assam, CP Joshi, wouldn't help in his political rise.

Finally on 23 August this year, Sarma was at 11 Ashoka Road, New Delhi, the residence of BJP president Amit Shah accompanied by Assam BJP chief Siddhartha Bhattacharya. The former Congress minister would be formally inducted into BJP at a public rally in Guwahati on Friday. Here are some execerpts from an exclusive interview with him:

Although Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has called you an "opportunist" after you left Congress for BJP, he also termed you as the "blue-eyed boy"?

Is it the way to treat a blue-eyed boy? If this is the manner a blue-eyed boy is treated, the definition of blue-eyed boy needs to be changed. Since his son (Gaurav Gogoi) entered politics, the chief minister started being mean and did not offer the minimum courtesy to his colleagues.

You were one of the most successful ministers in Tarun Gogoi's three tenures. Your work in the state ministries of finance, education and health is still lauded. Do you think without support from the chief minister you would have succeeded?

Since 2011 there was no freedom for me to work independently. He was an obstacle. There is proof in official notes on how Tarun Gogoi created problems in the Teachers Eligibility Test method. He even objected to reforms in the health and education sector. Now he is trying to undo all the good work that we did without much support from him.

How many of your supporters are moving with you to the BJP?

BJP is an established party. I would present them an a la carte menu of 52 MLAs. It is for them to decide whom they want to bring in. It would be impractical to expect them to induct everyone at the cost of their own prospective candidates. I am sure they would also have someone in their mind from my constituency Jalukbari.

Even when there were talks of your joining the BJP earlier, a section of state leaders and MPs from that party did not like the idea of having you as their colleague. Are you sure everyone in the BJP is happy with your entry?

Since 2012 itself Gauhati MP Bijoya Chakravarty was keen to have me in the BJP. State BJP president Siddhartha Bhattacharya played a key role in the process now. There is no opposition or a single voice of dissent within BJP over my entry. Everyone is encouraging me instead.

What is your equation with Union Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs Sarbananda Sonowal? It seemed like he was not very keen to have you in BJP.

I have known Sonowal since class 5. We have both come from Assam Agitation (of the 80s) background since our AASU (All Assam Students' Union) days. There are no differences between us.

Who approached first -- you or the BJP?

I have lot of mutual friends. All this was possible with help from mutual friends.

I believe you have chalked out a roadmap for the development of Assam in the coming years. Can you elaborate on that?

Assam is an integral part of India. We have many regional aspirations. We need to vastly improve our road and rail network. We need access to the Chittagong Port. Due to the massive 1950 Assam earthquake, Assam Agitation, the Ulfa uprising, the state went behind by many years. I have already discussed with Amit Shah that we need to have an actionable vision plan for 2016-21 to make Assam among the top five states of the country. With the able leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi this is quite possible.

What do you think would is the most pressing need for the state?

There is the immediate need to seal the India-Bangladesh border.

You complaineed about name calling and you call names? You indeed are a hypocryt.

Vets have lost public sympathy . People are not stupid. The more they act stubborn the more they loose support. It's obvious both in the forum and social media.

Vets played politics over something they should not have and in essence lost a lot of support on their cause. Don't expect the public to fall for this. They have also put the indian military into politics for their own personal reasons.

WRONG. You were the one complaining and crying and cribbing that the world is not fair, I was the one asking you to PROVE your pathetic name calling. So maybe you need to first learn what a hypocrite mean, but first learn to spell it.

Modi made a blunder by allowing negotiations for OROP. He should have held internal consultations and taken a decisions. Now things have spun out of his control and he has no one to blame but himself. .

Some of this is an inherited problem but they should have handled the issue with the protestors with more firmness. The protestors are pretty much kicking the government around, heard one spokesperson/negotiator talk on television that they might be willing to waive off a month or two from when OPROP applies & that is because they were showing great magnanimity. This government has shown pusillanimity & that has been sensed. It won't end here even if they buckle down & surrender. More will come out demanding their flesh .

To quote Arun Shourie, there is too much interest in managing headlines, not enough in tackling the problems. Parikkar kept giving interviews, Jaitley said things earlier. Instead they should have all shut up & seen what they could or could not offer. Not like this. The government of India is literally at its knees, requesting the protestors to offer them concessions. Pathetic.

You can't blame them for asking, after all they have been taken for a ride for a long long time.

Its for the political leadership to offer a solution and put an end to this nonsense. Its the lack of decision making which is fuelling the fire.

Sorry, this is a country with majority people still self employed and self dependent. Most of us live in dirty unplanned cities without subsidized education or ration or housing unlike our Army folks and other govt employees. Time someone reminded them that.

Sorry, this is a country with majority people still self employed and self dependent. Most of us live in dirty unplanned cities without subsidized education or ration or housing unlike our Army folks and other govt employees. Time someone reminded them that.

That's pretty much the point being made. That the government should have taken that call & made that decision. As long as they keep it hanging, the protestors will do whatever it takes.

WRONG. You were the one complaining and crying and cribbing that the world is not fair, I was the one asking you to PROVE your pathetic name calling. So maybe you need to first learn what a hypocrite mean, but first learn to spell it.
Awww....... did some get mad :cheesy: . Don't break your key board :p: any one who disagrees with you is a mean evil person.

Some of this is an inherited problem but they should have handled the issue with the protestors with more firmness. The protestors are pretty much kicking the government around, heard one spokesperson/negotiator talk on television that they might be willing to waive off a month or two from when OPROP applies & that is because they were showing great magnanimity. This government has shown pusillanimity & that has been sensed. It won't end here even if they buckle down & surrender. More will come out demanding their flesh .

To quote Arun Shourie, there is too much interest in managing headlines, not enough in tackling the problems. Parikkar kept giving interviews, Jaitley said things earlier. Instead they should have all shut up & seen what they could or could not offer. Not like this. The government of India is literally at its knees, requesting the protestors to offer them concessions. Pathetic.

Communicating is the digital age is a need of modern politics, so Shourie is wrong there. But to do so without first finding solutions is political suicide.

But you are right, the govt. spoke too soon too much about OROP. They should have been more transparent about the problems and limits of possible solution. They failed to do that, and now its a needless political mess.

Yes it is and a decision and justification would have reminded them and the general public about that. So why is the govt. not doing it ?

Awww....... did some get mad :cheesy: . Don't break your key board :p: any one who disagrees with you is a mean evil person.

In your case, its just childish, ill informed and irrational :lol:

Communicating is the digital age is a need of modern politics, so Shourie is wrong there. But to do so without first finding solutions is political suicide.

But you are right, the govt. spoke too soon too much about OROP. They should have been more transparent about the problems and limits of possible solution. They failed to do that, and now its a needless political mess.

I'm disappointed in Parrikar. Thought he would have been the one to call the spade a bloody shovel. All he has done is to kick the ball to the FM & in turn to the PM. The PM should have been largely insulated from the fallout though I wished he had reacted decisively early . Everyday, we keep hearing about Parrikar meeting him on OROP. Parrikar should have been the one playing bad cop. Didn't expect Jaitley to take one for the team but it seems that there isn't a team at all.. Even Parrikar won't play. The Buck stops nowhere.

I'm disappointed in Parrikar. Thought he would have been the one to call the spade a bloody shovel. All he has done is to kick the ball to the FM & in turn to the PM. The PM should have been largely insulated from the fallout though I wished he had reacted decisively early . Everyday, we keep hearing about Parrikar meeting him on OROP. Parrikar should have been the one playing bad cop. Didn't expect Jaitley to take one for the team but it seems that there isn't a team at all.. Even Parrikar won't play. The Buck stops nowhere.

I think that is because they are still trying to resolve it in good faith. ....... not to mention Bihar election coming up.

Parrikar cannot be seen as not speaking up for the Defence forces. That will erode his moral authority as the MoD.

Back
Top Bottom