What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

He hand picked the seat after asking Sidhu to step aside.

I heard he was convinced to pick that seat instead of a safe seat by Akali Dal. Either way, he was fighting in a place where antiincumbuncy was high.

Possible. He's a real congressi inside bjp. Modi feels greatly indebted to him though.

Yeah, he had supported Modi through out his troubled times and was constantly seen with him. This guy is smart and knew that was going to happen. I don't know if he is a congressi, but he does have a soft spot for Gandu's

why do you remind me, someone had posted that horrible pic in pdf last year... :angry:
he is the youngest one of the lot

ND Tiwari
N.%20D.%20Tiwari.jpg

Sr Surjewala
Shri%20Shamsher%20Singh%20Surjewala.jpg

Digvijay
digvijay_singh_1.jpg

Or his holiness Chicha Nehru himself?
nehruswimnew.jpg

I have little hope that GST will be passed in this session RS speaker looks more eager than Congress MPs to adjourn the house.

He is a Congressi. Aakhir Namak ka haq adad to karna hoga na.

In my Opinion, if BJP could wrest even RS deputy chairman post , or Chairman (Vice President) from Congress, it would make their life much easier.

Chair is non-partisan, says Dy Chairman | Zee News

GST has numbers to sail through Rajya Sabha but P.J. Kurien is dissolving Rajya Sabha at first opportunity he could get. If he was not playing for his home team, GST could be passed by a simple electronic vote irrespective of how much noise Congressis made.

Probably he was talking about special session; but Congis could make a ruckus in that too and delay GST bill there too.

As long as RS Chairman (V.P. Hamid Ansari) and Deputy Chairman (P.J. Kurien) are siding with Congress, GST has low probability of passage irrespective of having numbers.

Ordinance ?? Joint Session?

GST is constitutional amendment. It need 2/3 support in both houses independently to be passed. So no Ordinance or Joint Session route.

All depends on AIADMK support.If left and cong are the only ones opposing then it might sail through somehow

Also @Star Wars Jai italy has diluted the whole thing significantly, cong demands (though they are demanding so that bill can be opposed) are rational and reformist

While Jaitely may be part of Old establishment and not a classical BJP member, but he has done nothing to warrant such hate from BJP supporters. He does defend BJP eloquently in media.

Though I think that Arun Shourie would have made a better FM than Jaitely.

GST has numbers to sail through Rajya Sabha but P.J. Kurien is dissolving Rajya Sabha at first opportunity he could get. If he was not playing for his home team, GST could be passed by a simple electronic vote irrespective of how much noise Congressis made.
y.

Seriously, the guy is adjourning parliament every 10-20 minutes. This guy is obviously not interested in passing GST. He adjourned the house within 3 minutes today...

BTW, when does the speaker in the RS change ?

Last edited:
While most members on this forum ,being Modi fanboys, do not argue with you as you were a supporter of BJP, but someone ,in view of you constant need to peddle victimhood, do need to pose the question to you as to: what the FK has Andhra pradesh done to deserve special status?

Is Andhra pradesh a backward state in comparison to Telangana?

Is Andhra Pradesh a backward state in comparison to an average India state?

Is Andhra pradesh encumbered with a geographical handicap with would make it deserving of special state status?

Is Andhra pradesh economically underdeveloped so that a general taxpayer of India should subsidize Andhra Pradesh?

In India, special state status has been provided to following 11 states: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura and Uttarakhand.If someone could draw valid deductions, he/she would be able to see for himself/herself that all states having special status are both economically backward and Geographically handicapped (Hilly areas where Industry could not be set up).

So why should an exception be made for Andhra Pradesh? We got divided is not a valid argument.Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh , and Bihar were divided in 2000 and no special status was granted to any one of them.

And there actually exist guidelines to declare a state special as underlined in Gadgil Formula:

A special status is given to a state based on following parameters -

1. Hilly and difficult terrain
2. Low population density
3. Strategic locations along the borders of the country
4. Economic and infra backwardness
5. Non-viable nature for state finances.

If BJP promised you special status in Elections, them don't vote for them in next election; but doing that or not doing that for that matter would not make AP worthy of special status.

Regarding missionaries: As I said regarding threat of conversion used as blackmail by Valmikis in UP to get land, I would reiterate that if AP wants to embrace Christianity and become sheep of Jesus, they are welcomed to do so. They should pledge their allegiance to some US based Evangelist church and get over it.

I have always regarded Tamils and Telugus as emotionally unstable people. Their irrational hero worship and self immolation craze (mostly both at same time) portend to Low Openness, Ultra low conscientiousness, high neurotocism on three major factors of Big-5 Personality traits.

Backward .. Yes. Check the Sri Krishna Committee Report which came a few years ago regarding the bifurcation movement.
The 4 Districts of Rayalaseema+ the 3 districts of Uttar Andhra are very backward & can be compared to the backward districts of North TG. Infact the districts of Srikakulam & Vizianagaram in North Andhra were the most backward in United AP!!

Economically under-developed .. yep, TG has a revenue surplus thanks to Hyderabad & is the second richest state in India!!(in their CM's own words)

AP has always had low levels of industrialisation, add to that the bifurcation has left us with a massive fiscal deficit & debt which the Centre & the 14th Finance Commission acknowledged we need help with.. Add to that the fact, that we have to construct our capital from start.

While the state faces a resource gap of more than Rs 15,000 crore in the current financial year, it was sanctioned Rs 500 crore, he said. Naidu said Andhra Pradesh will have a gross revenue deficit of Rs 1.92 lakh crore during the next five years, while Telangana will have Rs 21,972 crore of surplus revenue prior to the devolution of the states' share of Central tax revenue collections, which has been pegged at 42 per cent. "Even after 42 per cent devolution, AP would have a net deficit of Rs 22,112 crore over the next five years, whereas Telangana would have a surplus of Rs 1.18 lakh crore," Naidu said.
14th Finance Commission didn't bail out AP from the fiscal damage: Chandrababu Naidu - timesofindia-economictimes

AP debt burden tops Rs. 80,000 crore - The Hindu

& what is the point of having a good geography when you don;t leave us with money or the resources to utilize it??

& yes those states were divided because the PEOPLE WANTED IT TO BE DIVIDED & so were the netas, add to that it was done in a fair & transparent manner with each side having a capital at the end of the day.
Were their MPs thrown out of Parliament because the bill would hurt their state?? NO
Was their bill rushed & incompetent?? NO
Was their bill passed in 23 minutes in the Lok Sabha without any proper discussion & the proceedings blacked out?? NO
Even the basic MLC calculation wasn't done properly, the BJP had to amend this part of the bill after it came to power

AP was divided not because of some movement but for political gains;KCR (in public) promised to merge his party in the Congress if they gave TG, add to the weakness of the Congress party in the entire state due to YSRCP & disorder after YSR's death. Thus SOnia gave the green light to get atleast 10 seats from TG..
[He later gave some obscure reason & took a U-turn on it screwing the Congress]
The BJP too desired to grow in TG in which they had invested much since 1998 & had received nothing in return.

We knew we would suffer, we knew we would have no capital & a massive deficit & problems like this
Cash-starved Andhra Pradesh left paying off Telangana debt! | Business Line
Most of the industry was placed in TG after the 1969 bifurcation movement which failed, AP leaders made big promises to TG & thus massive investment in IT & Pharmacy came in Hyderabad under CBN especially after BJP passed the motion demanding a separate state, before this could spread to the rest of the state. YSR came to power :(

Was Bihar ever left paying the debt of Jharkhand? & MP of chattisgarh??

& we are only asking it for 5 years!! Congress Promised it for 5 years in the Rajya Sabah & the BJP(under Venkaiah Naidu & Arun Jaitley) for 10 years! & this was a promise made on the floor of the Parliament !
THIS was what was promised to us by both parties & their leaders:-
CLj9wLeUYAAqjFP.png

Even Modi acknowledged AP would need help
There is lots that can be done and I have a blueprint for the development of Seemandhra: Narendra Modi campaigns in Andhra Pradesh

LEt me quote one of his campaign lines:- Congress ne bete(TG) ko bacha liya paronta maa ko maar diya(AP)..
& the usual stuff that he would help & all..

About the missionary stuff, let them convert TBH I don't care, Hindu organisations too are doing the same thing now. & anyway if AP falls to Jesus, TG & the rest of the nation will be in line & this time the enemy/funding will be from within, not from foreign :) . You get to see a lot of Telugu & Tamil Pastors these days outside their respective states ;)

& lastly thank you so much for your ridiculous psycho-analysis of Tamils & Telugus :) Not that I give a damn about it.

We just hate it when someone leaves us without a capital, a massive fiscal deficit & doesn't help us :)

Seriously, the guy is adjourning parliament every 10-20 minutes. This guy is obviously not interested in passing GST. He adjourned the house within 3 minutes today...

Malayaliano ayal?
His name has mallu touch

vice president is the chairman of RS, he retires in 2017

I wish BJP names Giriraj Singh as its CM candidate for Bihar Assembly Elections. I know its a wet dream as delhi gang of BJP is too scared about sickular and media outrage but still hoping.

yea, thats what said just earlier, even Arnab hinted at the infighting some time back. SS had lost her FM status in twitter for sometime before it came back last month. Rumor is that Jaitley is trying to hide his role in something and diverting the attention..

Jaitly cheez uchi Lahti hai
BTW I have heard he is responsible for modi gate any truth to that

Exactly aaj RS delhne betha socha todhi noodels ka lu by the time I was back RS adjourn hogayi thi WTF is wrong with the speaker

Jaitly cheez uchi Lahti hai
BTW I have heard he is responsible for modi gate any truth to that

Exactly aaj RS delhne betha socha todhi noodels ka lu by the time I was back RS adjourn hogayi thi WTF is wrong with the speaker

Maggi noodles o_o ? the guy is congressi, appointed by Sonia if it goes like this don't expect RS to pass any bills till 2017

Back
Top Bottom