What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Why do people demand trains like it's their birthright! The whole concept of budget is shit,turn Railway Ministry in to a Corporation like the Chinese did ?

Ya, just don't understand the need for a "Railway" budget. We live in a very fast paced world, decisions have to be taken in real time, not once a year. Time to do away with this stuff.

Ya, just don't understand the need for a "Railway" budget. We live in a very fast paced world, decisions have to be taken in real time, not once a year. Time to do away with this stuff.
I'm pretty sure the leaks in Railways are massive and may even overshadow UPA Scams or the Black money everyone talks about.

I'm pretty sure the leaks in Railways are massive and may even overshadow UPA Scams or the Black money everyone talks about.

when you say leak, does it mean corruption, non payment of tickets by passengers and structural inefficiencies?

Why do people demand trains like it's their birthright! The whole concept of budget is shit,turn Railway Ministry in to a Corporation like the Chinese did ?

Pretty much.

If anyone should be angry over the lack of new train services or just outright neglect, North-Easterners should be pissed.

Btw, did the North-East get any allocation?

what to lol about.???
just compare train allotted to Kerala/west bengal with bjp ruling Karnataka/Gujarat/UP..complete negligence...bjp is no more different from congress..

alright. Compare the economic activity of the five souther states. I think Kerala is the lowest.

If anyone has the right to complain about negligence by the railway ministry, it is the North-Eastern states.

It's been five decades already.

when you say leak, does it mean corruption, non payment of tickets by passengers and structural inefficiencies?

Btw, did the North-East get any allocation?
Spending money on non-starter projects,running trains on loss making routes,encroachment of Railway land and much more.
The Railway Budget has put special emphasis on the development of rail network in the Northeast region, by allocating Rs 5,116 crore. This is a 54 per cent increase the previous year’s allocation.

If you believe power situation can be changed in a year, then you live in some fantastic place.

False allegations? :lol: Not even die hard BJP supporters I know believe that crap. Even Modi didn't believe it, its why Yeddy is not in the cabinet. If Yeddy was with the BJP, its voteshare would have been nowhere in the cicinity of the BJP+KJP. Doesn't work like that. The BJP won in the general elections on a Modi wave, not on some imagined KJP+BJP vote share. Had rthere been no Modi wave, the BJP would have been lucky to get anything more than 5-7 seats. (for instance, the Congress pulverised 2 combined BJP+KJP+JD(S) candidates in by elections last year)

As iI said your entitled to believe whatever you want, including that the previous BJP government in Karnataka was the best ever. Lets agree to disagree. Just leave the funny questions of my motivations for any posts at home.

From a lot of the comments by the Kanndigas my impression is that Siddaramiah comes off as a saint compared to Yeddy. And that BJP in karnataka through their graft and corruption pretty much sabotaged any expectation of a re-election.

Spending money on non-starter projects,running trains on loss making routes,encroachment of Railway land and much more.

It is about time India stop treating that region as a bastard child :-)

A day after PM Narendra Modi told a gathering in Uri that the local Kendriya Vidyalaya would begin to enrol students for Class 11 from this month, HRD officials went into a tizzy on Saturday trying to clear all formalities.

“In flat two hours, all hurdles were cleared to allow the Uri KV to start the class 11 from this academic year”, said a senior ministry official. Currently, students in Uri have to travel 30 kms away to Srinagar for higher secondary education.

Pressing officials into swift clearance of proposals comes in the backdrop of Modi’s own advise to the bureaucracy to cut the red tape. In his meeting with all departmental secretaries last month, Modi had said, “One attains moksha (salvation) by travelling to Chaar Dham. But files go in circles to 32 dhams without attaining salvation. Limit the file movements to Chaar Dham”.

During his first J&K trip as the PM on Friday, Modi, in his speech on dedicating the Uri-II hydropower project to the nation had announced that by June the Kendriya Vidyalaya would start enrolling students from Class 11— a long-standing demand of the locals.
Govt fulfills PM's promise to Uri school in less than 24 hrs - Hindustan Times

sorry for my ignorance, but can't the railway budget be announced along with the regular budget announcements?

From a lot of the comments by the Kanndigas my impression is that Siddaramiah comes off as a saint compared to Yeddy. And that BJP in karnataka through their graft and corruption pretty much sabotaged any expectation of a re-election.

Frankly the Congress government is useless & clueless. They haven't been able to get their act together except to offer some handouts They probably would get a C minus but the BJP was a F. Siddaramiah's performance has been below par but the fact that there have been no scandals yet contrasts well with the BJP government that preceded him.

sorry for my ignorance, but can't the railway budget be announced along with the regular budget announcements?

Can but even that is not necessary. Should be done away completely as indeed should the ministry. Either merge with other transport or create a corporation. Railway budget is simply stupid and an unnecessary exercise.

Water my dear chap, water. Karnataka depends on hydel power, poor rains keep demand high while supply becomes worse with every passing day. Nothing to do with the party running the government. Not yet anyways. Will be if they do nothing in the rest of their term.

that's even worse news for Kerala then.

Frankly the Congress government is useless & clueless. They haven't been able to get their act together except to offer some handouts They probably would get a C minus but the BJP was a F. Siddaramiah's performance has been below par but the fact that there have been no scandals yet contrasts well with the BJP government that preceded him.

Can but even that is not necessary. Should be done away completely as indeed should the ministry. Either merge with other transport or create a corporation. Railway budget is simply stupid and an unnecessary exercise.

a lot of the posters here simply seems to be pushing Party lines or engaging in Vyakhti Pooja of Modi. which is disappointing to say the least.

I mean, what if a good administrator comes along in the shape of a Congress politician? do we reject him too.

Last edited:
what if a good administrator comes along in the shape of a Congress politician?

Just wonder, do they have anyone to match that profile at this moment?

I think Congress will lose 3 more CM's in next 1 yr in coming elections.

Just wonder, do they have anyone to match that profile at this moment?

I think Congress will lose 3 more CM's in next 1 yr in coming elections.

I am giving a hypothetical situation. But don't you think that it is a bit limiting to choose a candidate along party line and not according to Merit?

But don't you think that it is a bit limiting to choose a candidate along party line and not according to Merit?

It has both merits and disadvantages. Let's see how it turns out in next few years.

@Ravi Nair Read this from Fareed Zakaria. it may be slightly correct in our case too.

Identity trumping ideology across the globe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fareed-zakaria-identity-not-ideology-is-moving-the-world/2014/07/03/631ff338-02d7-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

Last edited:
I am giving a hypothetical situation. But don't you think that it is a bit limiting to choose a candidate along party line and not according to Merit?

If you look at the previous UPA government, you would see some very competent people there. That is why it was such a let down that they just sat there & did nothing while riding a train that was almost going off the rails in ultra slow motion.

If you look at the previous UPA government, you would see some very competent people there. That is why it was such a let down that they just sat there & did nothing while riding a train that was almost going off the rails in ultra slow motion.

I am afraid it is just not enough to have competent people. But there must be a leader with vision that knows how to utilise the skills of the people to put them in place in terms of the macro picture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom