What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Rajnath Singh says action plan in pipeline to tackle India's security challenges

Lucknow, June 7 (ANI): UnionHome MinisterRajnath Singhon Saturday said his ministry is

preparing a comprehensive integrated action plan to tackle challenges of Naxalism, militancy, terrorism, and separatism which the country faces.

"Whether it isNaxalism,militancy,terrorism, orseparatism, all these challenges will be dealt with, and for that my ministry is preparing a comprehensive integrated action plan. We accept this challenge and will take a balanced action," Singh said at a press conference.

"The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Union Government gets reports of the law and order situation of every state, but at this point, I won't be able to share any information. But be rest assured that the government will take all steps to protect the sovereignty and integrity of this nation," he added.

He also thanked the people of Lucknow for electing him to the Lok Sabha and assured that he would do his bets to develop theUttar Pradeshcapital.

"In terms of Lucknow's development, we will do everything. Like I had said earlier, that within 100 days of assuming office, after it is chalked out. Diwakar Tripathi, who used to be the vice chairman of the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) has been tasked with this responsibility, and has already commenced work in this direction. (ANI)

US To Appoint Fulltime Ambassador To India On Urgent Basis | InSerbia News

As governor of Florida, he has cred with the Latino community. As a Bush, he has cred with the Republican core. If he runs, the Republican nomination is his to lose. If the Dems put up Hillary, he has a good chance to steal the "Reagan Democrats" from her and seal the deal.

I'm aware of his reputation as governor but I'm not sure the U.S. is ready for another Bush. Maybe a Clinton but not Bush. Difficult to say that he has a lot of cred with Republicans. George W. was seen by many as a big government guy & the republicans seem to have swung more to the extreme right in the last few years -the tea party effect. He also has a common sensical position on immigration reform which automatically puts him at odds with a lot of republicans. Predicting a Republican race is not getting any easier.

I'm aware of his reputation as governor but I'm not sure the U.S. is ready for another Bush. Maybe a Clinton but not Bush. Difficult to say that he has a lot of cred with Republicans. George W. was seen by many as a big government guy & the republicans seem to have swung more to the extreme right in the last few years -the tea party effect. He also has a common sensical position on immigration reform which automatically puts him at odds with a lot of republicans. Predicting a Republican race is not getting any easier.

The Tea Party is a spent force. It is already a caricature, synonymous with Sarah Palin and MIchele Bachman. The Republicans are far too smart to chase these loonies into oblivion.

The American Right is gradually coming to grips with the changing demographics, and capturing the Latino vote will be a major strategy for them. The African-American vote is a lost cause, since they are solidly Democrat, especially with a Clinton running. That's another reason Jindal's Louisiana creds are useless at the national level.

The Republicans will need to balance someone who is acceptable to the Latino community and also to "moderate" conservatives. Their advantage is that they can safely strategize against Hillary, who will almost certainly be the Democratic nominee (unless some Kennedy springs out of the box).

A third eye would help us see Modi a bit better
Karan Thapar
June 07, 2014

As the government completes its first fortnight, are we witnessing a new Narendra Modi, as many believe, or was the media simply wrong in its initial understanding of the man? It’s a question I’ve been frequently asked and because I don’t have a definitive answer I’m encouraged to search for one.

Let’s start with Mr Modi’s personal style. On the day he was elected leader of the BJP parliamentary party he knelt and kissed the ground, called Parliament the temple of democracy, a phrase evocative of Nehru, and proceeded to praise all past governments. Did this appreciation of democracy and generosity of spirit reveal a new man or prove how little the press knew him?

I’m not sure what to make of his tears but I didn’t realise Mr Modi had a softer emotional side that he would reveal in public. They weren’t manufactured unless you credit him with Oscar-winning acting skills.

I was more struck by the fact that on the 27th, with three presidents and four prime ministers to meet, he began his day with a tweet in praise of Nehru, a prime minister he has political reservations about, and ended it calling on Manmohan Singh, who he had just defeated. Was this politesse or heartfelt courtesy?

Of course, you could say the aura of prime ministership that now surrounds him leads us to perceive Mr Modi differently. Maybe. But then why didn’t office reveal a different Manmohan Singh or Vajpayee?

For some it’s Mr Modi’s actions that explain why they see a new man. The invitation to Saarc leaders suggests a vision of India’s position in the region and a capacity to deftly articulate it they had not spotted. The warmth of the welcome to Nawaz Sharif suggests he can rise above prejudice, which few thought possible. I can’t deny Mr Modi’s early response to foreign policy was a surprise.

More anticipated, but equally surefooted and swift, was the way he set out his domestic agenda. His 10 priorities may be well-intentioned clichés but after the uncertainty and ad hoc nature of UPA rule most view them as welcome reassurance. His advice not to ignore state governments may reflect a personal interest but it finds resonance in many hearts. And the decision to abolish GOMs and EGOMs was sound good sense.

What then does all of this add up to? Let me suggest a few tentative and hesitant conclusions. I didn’t expect displays of emotion, rich symbolic gestures or a facility for the mot juste. I didn’t think Mr Modi had it in him. I didn’t expect little personal courtesies or warm effusive handshakes. I didn’t think he had it in him.

Mr Modi’s personal behaviour is impressive. It’s not office that’s changed how we view him. He’s made us think again.

I’m less surprised by his decisions because I expected swiftness and promptness. He has, after all, been preparing since September. So though welcome, I knew he had measures in mind to ensure a flying start.

Many in the press predicted what the Prime Minister might do. You can’t fault them on that count. Few anticipated his style or the generous side of his personality. We never realised there was this dimension to the man.

So whilst we were not wrong to focus sharply and, even, singularly on 2002 — and the glaring failure to condemn the Pune murder underlines that and is cause for concern — we now need to look elsewhere as well. A third eye would be a great help!

A third eye would help us see Modi a bit better - Hindustan Times

So he guy who suggested that only a "sudden removal" of Modi would be good for the country is now praising him, It seems these media snakes have toned their venom a bit, but for how long.

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's diplomatic calendar is chock-a-block with the government confirming on Friday that he will participate in as many as five multilateral events abroad this year along with three bilateral meetings on foreign soil.

Here are the top five countries that Modi will be visiting this year:

Bhutan: Modi will start with a visit to neighbouring Bhutan later this month.

36195610.cms

Prime Minister Narendra Modi with his Bhutan counterpart Lyonchhen Tshering Tobgay

Japan: The foreign ministry said a visit to Japan is also likely next month for a bilateral with his counterpart Shinzo Abe even though the dates are still being worked out. While Modi is apparently an admirer of the nationalist Japanese PM, he is also one of the only three persons Abe follows on Twitter. Modi's Tokyo visit will be keenly watched in China as President Xi Jinping is himself scheduled to meet Modi for a bilateral here later this year.

36195680.cms

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

US: The foreign ministry has officially confirmed a bilateral meeting with US President Barack Obama in September though it is yet to announce the date.

36195803.cms

US President Barack Obama

Brazil: In July, the PM will also be visiting Brazil to attend the BRICS — the five-country grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa — Summit. Besides, the PM is also expected to attend the East Asia Summit and the Asean India summit in November in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.

Australia: The G-20 summit is scheduled in Brisbane, Australia, on November 15-16, which he is expected to attend. There is also the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) summit in Kathmandu in November.

Top 5 countries on Modi's foreign itinerary - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's diplomatic calendar is chock-a-block with the government confirming on Friday that he will participate in as many as five multilateral events abroad this year along with three bilateral meetings on foreign soil.

Here are the top five countries that Modi will be visiting this year:

Bhutan: Modi will start with a visit to neighbouring Bhutan later this month.

36195610.cms

Prime Minister Narendra Modi with his Bhutan counterpart Lyonchhen Tshering Tobgay

Japan: The foreign ministry said a visit to Japan is also likely next month for a bilateral with his counterpart Shinzo Abe even though the dates are still being worked out. While Modi is apparently an admirer of the nationalist Japanese PM, he is also one of the only three persons Abe follows on Twitter. Modi's Tokyo visit will be keenly watched in China as President Xi Jinping is himself scheduled to meet Modi for a bilateral here later this year.

36195680.cms

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

US: The foreign ministry has officially confirmed a bilateral meeting with US President Barack Obama in September though it is yet to announce the date.

36195803.cms

US President Barack Obama

Brazil: In July, the PM will also be visiting Brazil to attend the BRICS — the five-country grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa — Summit. Besides, the PM is also expected to attend the East Asia Summit and the Asean India summit in November in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.

Australia: The G-20 summit is scheduled in Brisbane, Australia, on November 15-16, which he is expected to attend. There is also the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) summit in Kathmandu in November.

Top 5 countries on Modi's foreign itinerary - The Times of India
what about Hasina didi ? that is not fair for her :cray:

Modi will try to revive SAARC and will try to have a bridge between SAARC and BRICS nations while will try best to have good relations both with Japan and China and will be closer toboth Japan, Russia & Israel while it will realli be tough for him to balance his act with OPEC nations

as for USA & NATO things will get better after a few intial hiccups but will be good to see how he handels Russian block & east eouropean nations to most advantage with India

Back
Top Bottom