What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

There is no such thing exclusively for dalits alone. Brahmins were hounded out of TN not so long ago. I personally grew up hearing kids call the Brahmin man who used to come around to collect flowers from people's yard for puja as phool chor derisively. Every community is labeled as something or other. The only major distinguishing feature has been class. Moneyed people, whether upper caste or lower caste, are the only one who get by without discrimination.

Money might let a rich dalit get away with it temporarily.
And if what you said was completely true then this news would not have made to the headlines
Upper castes rule Cabinet, backwards MoS - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Money might let a rich dalit get away with it temporarily.
And if what you said was completely true then this news would not have made to the headlines
Upper castes rule Cabinet, backwards MoS - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Well that is why TOI earned the moniker TOIlet news. We have a PM who belongs to lower caste and that did not matter for TOI, but they started counting the upper caste and lower caste representation in the Cabinet. Do you think that is what Modi was thinking when appointing his ministers? This is like a guest who goes to dawat and instead of enjoying his biryani keeps complaining of the bones in the meat.

This is how they intend to make India free of casteism? By harping on caste in every issue? Is that how you make things irrelevant?

Baiman. Ab tak kyun kucch bola nahi Das sal ke liye. Now she is trying to save her face.

Belated Congratulations to everyone on the Historic Mandate in General Elections. :cheers:

10373984_331810010302997_916987341248777861_n.jpg

@arp2041 @chak de INDIA @JanjaWeed @Jason bourne @levina @Indischer @HariPrasad @jbond197 @Anonymous @Star Wars @Soumitra and others...

Yes

This is a new Era of politics where every decision of government shall be guided by National interest and not by appeasement politics or vote bank politics.

Nah, was busy Travelling - Exploring India....

i TOO WAS on a tour to Haridwar with my parents. Missed all those excitement movements of Exit poll and result of 16th.

Well that is why TOI earned the moniker TOIlet news. We have a PM who belongs to lower caste and that did not matter for TOI, but they started counting the upper caste and lower caste representation in the Cabinet. Do you think that is what Modi was thinking when appointing his ministers? This is like a guest who goes to dawat and instead of enjoying his biryani keeps complaining of the bones in the meat.

This is how they intend to make India free of casteism? By harping on caste in every issue? Is that how you make things irrelevant?
That was not about Modi...,
That was just an example to show how ingrained caste system is in India.
Well if the government really wants to do something about it then they should stop asking ppl to fill in caste columns in every government document. What purpose does it serve???
It deepens the abyss between the classes...JMHO.

Nonsense???
You gotta be kidding me.
Its not about media....I seriously do think that in states like Haryana & UP voices of dalits 're not heard and 're curbed.
Why this reticence in accepting that those gals were dalits???

@levina thank you for bringing this up.

Yep. what you say is true.

And the victims were chosen because of their caste. Because the police either ridicule them, or dismiss the case out of hand.

Honestly, I have read interviews and video clippings where upper caste men fully justified the rape.

They actually said on camera things about Dalits that would make KKK blush.

I am not exaggerating, I am not making this up. It's like there are two Indias. One India where Asaram Bapu's comments about Nirbhaya were sheer non-sense and vomit-inducing.

There is another world, the constituency that people like Asaram Bapu play to. This is where the rape victim falling to their knees and calling the rapist 'Bhaiya' will save them.

This is the India where it is perfectly O.K. to engage in caste bigotry.

Well if the government really wants to do something about it then they should stop asking ppl to fill in caste columns in every government document. What purpose does it serve???

They need some one like Sri Sri Vivekanandan open their eyes...... He did it to Mallus long back, our caste system was much worse than what it is in other state.....

@levina thank you for bringing this up.

Yep. what you say is true.

And the victims were chosen because of their caste. Because the police either ridicule them, or dismiss the case out of hand.

Honestly, I have read interviews and video clippings where upper caste men fully justified the rape.

They actually said on camera things about Dalits that would make KKK blush.

Mulayam singh said "Larkoon se galti ho jaati hai".
And yesterday when his son Akhilesh yadav was asked about the rapes that happened in his state his reply to the journo was "Are you not safe???".
How can I forget that this is the same guy who was beaten black and blue during a new year's party in Lucknow for teasing an army officer's daughter.

Ravi Nair said:
I am not exaggerating, I am not making this up. It's like there are two Indias. One India where Asaram Bapu's comments about Nirbhaya were sheer non-sense and vomit-inducing.

There is another world, the constituency that people like Asaram Bapu play to. This is where the rape victim falling to their knees and calling the rapist 'Bhaiya' will save them.

This is the India where it is perfectly O.K. to engage in caste bigotry.
I believe that caste caste system is still very deep rooted in the hindu society.Though the new generation snubs it but then too I 've seen ppl who go about trumpeting their "high-caste".
Frankly I get an awkward feeling when i meet such ppl.
Btw @Armstrong is one of them. :coffee:

They need some one like Sri Sri Vivekanandan open their eyes...... He did it to Mallus long back, our caste system was much worse than what it is in other state.....
Nair,you know I could not believe my eyes when I saw a movie which was about caste system in Kerala. The movie showed some really pathetic rules these low caste ppl and their women had to follow. I dont think I could finish that movie.

Nair,you know I could not believe my eyes when I saw a movie which was about caste system in Kerala. The movie showed some really pathetic rules these low caste ppl and their women had to follow. I dont think I could finish that movie.

I haven't seen any movie though, but read enough to know how bad was the system here.... That made Vivekananda to call kerala "Brandalayam"

I have seen it myself, My grand mother used to be called "thamburatti" by the so called 'Low caste people"..... During my child hood my best friend was from a poor family and was a SC, and i know how much struggle i had to keep that friendship intact....It was really bad....

I shall tell you an interesting aspect, There are 61 type of nairs and i know people who consider some types of nair to be inferior and they treat them like a low caste one.....

Yes, the govt should, but then the govt did not because then they would not be able to play vote bank politics and keep the country divided.

I haven't seen any movie though, but read enough to know how bad was the system here.... That made Vivekananda to call kerala "Brandalayam"

I have seen it myself, My grand mother used to be called "thamburatti" by the so called 'Low caste people"..... During my child hood my best friend was from a poor family and was a SC, and i know how much struggle i had to keep that friendship intact....It was really bad....

I shall tell you an interesting aspect, There are 61 type of nairs and i know people who consider some types of nair to be inferior and they treat them like a low caste one.....

Adding to that, we cannot ignore the contribution from CPI/M on handling this mess..... The very idea of those parties were to fight against discrimination by elites.... and those days the elites and rich were from higher caste.....

Hehehe yeah I've heard about it.
But then being from an army background,we hardly ever talked about castes and religions at home.
So my knowledge was very very limited on this subject till I met some civilians. :D

Adding to that, we cannot ignore the contribution from CPI/M on handling this mess..... The very idea of those parties were to fight against discrimination by elites.... and those days the elites and rich were from higher caste.....
Hmmm
So was it for the same reason that Bengal also saw uprise of communists??

Yes, the govt should, but then the govt did not because then they would not be able to play vote bank politics and keep the country divided.
Spot on!!
Vote bank politics- A Nehruvian era ghost which still haunts our country.

you know some ppl are AAPtards . their cap makes them like magneto in x men . nothing can permeate that thick skull. they become dense. AAPtard imply that as badals are bad every party or ppl they associate with are bad. Man if kejriwal had born in previous centuries , these ppl would have said that he is prophet or something .

not only Badals but we have some mighty BJP gundas in Punjab

go check what ur Minister Anil Joshi is doing

There is nothing you can tell bad about AAP -Punjab that would make BJP/Akali-Punjab look good.

hey .....I said Punjab is facing a AAP huricane .............peeps here abused me laughed at me ..............and now after the result ..............they are finding hard to digest .

@Prometheus

Piyush Goyal - Press Release by Shri Piyush GoyalIt has... | Facebook

Piyush Goyal and the multiple DINs.

What were you saying again mate?

wow ...............a press release ????

some one inform CIA swamy uncle to file a case in this regard ...................

not only Badals but we have some mighty BJP gundas in Punjab

go check what ur Minister Anil Joshi is doing

There is nothing you can tell bad about AAP -Punjab that would make BJP/Akali-Punjab look good.

IMO, AAP should have concentrated on Delhi, Haryana, Punjab. Consolidated and then expanded.

TO BJP SUPPORTers and some Bhakts

Learn to take criticism in a constructive way .

A person who showcases ur shortcomings is ur true friend ( xD)

well only if Bhakts knows how to be civil

IMO, AAP should have concentrated on Delhi, Haryana, Punjab. Consolidated and then expanded.

whatever.......................it doesnot matter ...................Punjab BJP /Akalis needed to be taught a lesson ............its done .

positive news are coming .............the gundas appointed by them as "AREA CHIEFs" or halka incharge have become civil in some regards .

crack down on drugs have started .....

a minister is fired for drug connections .....................etc etc \\

hope if the things went on like this ............Punjab will survive :)))

Bo7fEFRCcAAEbSy.jpg
Punjab Police is best ........................they placed notifications on every entrance of a village ........labbelling village as hub of drug smuggler

so much for a knee jerk rxn from election results ...........lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom