What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Why do I need to clarify something when I never made any claims at the first place? Talking about mix - Isn't Punjabi a language a born out of Sanskrit mixed with certain outsider's languages? Should I call you an outsider for picking up the outsider's influence?
Now clutching on to the Sanskrit argument.Where did Sanskrit originate ??? :omghaha:

You are still an outsider :omghaha:

LOL! FlagFail!

What are you going to do with so many eggs ? :rofl:
I will wait for them to hatch and then you know well what I wil do with them.. LOL

Chal ab pakana band kar aur apni betting pe focus kar!!

Just a question guys. If I am not wrong If lower house passes a bill for example on implementation of Uniform Civil Code then the bill moves on to upper house where bjp fails to get it passed due to their lack of numbers and the bill again goes to lower house now if lower house passes this bill again then it is mandatory for upper house to pass that bill. Am I right??? @Bang Galore @jbgt90 @paranoiarocks
I think with such majority in LS they can call joint session to pass any normal bill with a majority

How BJP can overcome the Rajya Sabha challenge | Firstpost

I think with such majority in LS they can call joint session to pass any normal bill with a majority

How BJP can overcome the Rajya Sabha challenge | Firstpost

@Android

Any monetary bill is the exclusive prerogative of the Lok Sabha, so even if the RS refuses to give its assent to it the minute the bill returns to the LS it is deemed passed, so on that the NDA govt. has exclusive control.

On any regular bill, the RS's assent is required and here the NDA has a small hold in the RS BUT under article 118 a joint session of the houses can be called wherein the numbers of both houses count cumulatively, wherein the NDA's 336(LS)+64(RS) is again a majority, so any such bill can be passed, not to mention that the Modi wave has ensured that if the BJP+ plays its cards right then in 3 years time it can drastically change the RS numbers.

A bill dealing with a constitutional amendment (eg. article 370 or Panchayati Raj) cannot be passed without outside support since here the assent of both houses is required and here a joint session cannot be called.

Of course remember that a real UCC would also render the Hindu code bill null and void, not that I am complaining, they need to go.

@Android @paranoiarocks @karan21 (I believe I had addressed this issue with you too earlier Karan, I might have made the same mistake there too)- EDIT:- ITS' ARTICLE 108

AND THE PAPERS ARE CONFIMRING THAT THE NDA/BJP WILL INDEED BE TAKING THE JOINT SITTING ROUTE FOR KEY LEGISLATION TILL THE PICTURE IN THE RS CHANGES.

Last edited:
The only issue is that it was the same AAP which wanted to DISSOLVE the assembly in the first place, it wanted re-elections & it has lost BADLY in the LS elections in Delhi. With what face they stake the claim to form govt. again??

They have no face, I was only commenting on the legal view point.

what dp you think a Modi government will mean for India?

Forget the economy, a lot of the extreme poor are in India, a lot of sanitation infrastructure is absent.

I hope for a lot. This is as big a mandate as anyone could hope for. Sanitation infrastructure could well be one of the ways the MNREGA funds could be used for. I personally agree with Arun Shourie's view point that such schemes are merely "throwing money out of the window" but even if political needs necessitate it's continuation, I hope one of the ways it is better directed is for improving sanitation.

Sonia & Rahul Gandhi aren't keen to become Leader of Opposition, I think Gandhis are only born to become PM!! :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom