What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

This report says Both Jagdish Bhagwati and Arvind Panagariya will be advising Modi.. Team to zabardast hai. Amartya Sen will keep sulking and will try to find solace in Didi's Bengal.

Top economist Jagdish Bhagwati eyes role in Modi government

Naa.. Kya bola aaj..? Fir se debate ki daawat Modi ko..?

He said some things TACITLY & some things DIRECTLY....................... :D

(Congress ko toh logo ney 6 phases me bhar ka rasta dikha diya........but aney waley phases me jo log vote kar rhey hai woh aur enthusiastically BJP/Modiji ko vote kare varna) We will form the next govt. (from back door) & give TF support (burey din aney waley hai).

P.S. the things which i have written in brackets are said TACITLY :D

@jha @JanjaWeed @Android @GreenFoe @chak de INDIA @Indischer @Roybot @Sidak

TIME FOR REVENGE.................. :rofl:

P.S. This was not Amit Shah but me speaking :D

I am missing @fsayed ..........................

woh toh THREAD pey sey esey gayab ho gya jaisey Mid Election campaign sey Rahul Baba :cray:

aur @Bhai Zakir toh ekdum MMS ban gya hai................... :cray:

Congress left red-faced as PM's brother joins BJP at Modi rally

AMRITSAR: In a move that has left the Congress red-faced, the BJP on Friday inducted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's youngest brother Daljit Singh Kohli into the party. This was done at BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's rally organized to give the party's Amritsar Lok Sabha candidate and key strategist Arun Jaitley a final push ahead of the April 30 elections in Punjab.

Daljit told TOI that he joined the BJP because he was upset at the manner in which his brother had been treated by the Congress and he said he was likely to contest elections on BJP's ticket soon. He has been a textile exporter in Amritsar for the past sixteen years.

Modi gave a big hug to Daljit in front of thousands of people and said "Kohli joining the BJP has doubled our strength. You should know we are not just a party of mere memberships; we are a party that believes in long lasting relationships. We now have blood relations with you".

Modi has been exceptionally harsh on the prime minister in his recent speeches calling him a dummy of the Gandhi family. The prime minister on the other hand has said on Thursday that there is no Modi wave in the country.

Sources in the Prime Minister's Office said the Singh family was surprised at this development. The family said they didn't know his (Daljit's) motivations for joining the BJP while adding that he was free to pursue his own political affiliations.

Speaking to TOI after joining the party, Daljit said he had decided to join the party because he liked Jaitley's vision. "I was very disappointed with the way my brother Dr saab had been sidelined and his policies were being ignored by his party". He was aware that the PM had called Modi a mass murderer but refused to comment on the issue.

He informed that DSGMC president Manjit Singh GK had introduced him to Jaitley five days ago and the second meeting with Jaitley took place on last Wednesday afternoon.

Showering praises on Modi, Daljit added that Modi had the capacity to take all communities and parties together besides he expressed hope that Jaitley would have an important role to play if NDA comes to power.

He said,"My brother Manmohan Singh is an honest man, he served his country with full dedication and honesty but Congress leaders never gave him a free hand and instead interfered in his and his government's functioning". He said his joining the BJP would be for the betterment of Punjab.

Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal added that Kohli had joined the party after seeing the pitiable fate of his brother at the hands of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.

Reacting to the development, Manmohan's other younger brother Surjit Singh Kohli, who also lives in Amritsar, said he was heartbroken by what his sibling had done. "This is very unfortunate. Punjab deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal and revenue minister Bikram Singh Majithia could be behind this move. We had vowed never to leave the Congress".

"Till Thursday morning there was no such inkling from him or his family. All of us brothers have had a cordial relationship for years," he added.

He said this was a very sad movement in his life.

Meanwhile, Manjit Singh GK said, "There couldn't have been a better representative of Sikh community than Daljit as he was an extremely humble man from a religious Sikh family".

Congress sources in Amritsar told TOI that the party leaders were reluctant to comment on the issue without first studying the exact relationship of Daljit Singh to the prime minister and what led him to join the BJP.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BSP, Congress play on BJP's perceived neglect of brahmins - The Times of India

LUCKNOW/UNNAO/KANPUR: What is common between the now dumped BJP MP from Ahmedabad and the Bahujan Samaj Party candidate in distant Unnao in Uttar Pradesh? They are both "Pathak" brahmins.

In a queer coincidence, BSP has made Harin Pathak the template of its accusation that Narendra Modi is working to marginalize the brahmin community, citing the dropping of the seven-term MP for this Lok Sabha polls. "We asked him why BJP has thrown out an experienced leader like him and he said it is because I have Pathak as my surname, because I am a brahmin," sniffed S C Mishra, Mayawati confidant and Brahmin face of the dalit outfit at a meeting in Sikandarpur in Unnao on a hot afternoon. BSP candidate Brajesh Pathak grinned on the dais and the crowd lapped it up in rapt silence.

Across the brahmin belt along the Ganga, public rallies and political chatter is replete with "BJP's focus on OBCs at the cost of brahmins". The Bahujan camp is going hammer and tongs at it while the middle-of-the-road Congress is spreading it in whispers as in Lucknow where its brahmin candidate Rita Joshi is crossing swords with BJP's Thakur chief Rajnath Singh.

The belief is that BJP's low representation to the upper caste community and the alleged humiliation of senior brahmin leaders in picking their constituencies will keep them from falling for an aggressive Modi campaign. The BSP is confident that the strategy will help revive the brahmin-dalit combination it successfully forged in the 2007 assembly election while Congress hopes the community will throw its weight behind the party in seats where it is in contest.

If it is an issue in Unnao, it is the talking point in neighbouring Kanpur where the veteran Murli Manohar Joshi was shifted from Varanasi to make way for Modi, while BSP-Congress have unleashed a campaign against BJP in the crucial Devipatan belt where the party has fielded Thakurs in big numbers and in the eastern region that accounts for over 25 LS seats.

What UP is witnessing is literally the inversion of the social pyramid, so to say. A dalit outfit and a supposedly caste-averse Congress are plumping for the community that is a long-time villain of the "progressive" forces while the predominantly upper caste saffron family is positioning itself as the champion of the Mandal communities.

So, what do brahmins think? It is a million dollar question despite the high-voltage attempt to instigate them against BJP. The key determinant would be if brahmins vote as a caste bloc or as Hindus. As caste, they are likely to be angry at the downgrading in the political structure they once ruled, especially when they so consciously chose BJP as their new home after their exit from Congress tent in the wake of the Ayodhya agitation. But as Hindus, they are bound to latch on to the hardline Hindutva face that Modi represents. After all, the community whole-heartedly accepted another OBC Kalyan Singh as their leader post-Ayodhya.

Not that the Sangh family is unaware of the sensitivity of the issue. Modi's political gimmick in Kanpur of touching the feet of Murli Manohar Joshi, the jilted brahmin who has of late cultivated the image of being the victim of Modi's "look-backward" policy, was aimed at assuaging the ego of the community. Locals in Unnao say they are waiting for what he does at a rally in this brahmin stronghold on April 27.

But BSP is confident that its strategy will bear fruit. "We are spoiling the BJP chemistry on the ground. We have given 21 tickets to brahmins while BJP has given just three in 80 seats. brahmins know that BJP has hatched a conspiracy against them," said an assured Brajesh Pathak.

The fact is that what brahmins do will be decided by whether they vote as a caste bloc or as Hindus. And on it may be riding the fate of the "Modi wave" and the BSP counter-attack.

So you ignore brahmins for 7 decades whereas BJP speaks at least some what for them. And now you come up with this.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congress left red-faced as PM's brother joins BJP at Modi rally

AMRITSAR: In a move that has left the Congress red-faced, the BJP on Friday inducted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's youngest brother Daljit Singh Kohli into the party. This was done at BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's rally organized to give the party's Amritsar Lok Sabha candidate and key strategist Arun Jaitley a final push ahead of the April 30 elections in Punjab.

Daljit told TOI that he joined the BJP because he was upset at the manner in which his brother had been treated by the Congress and he said he was likely to contest elections on BJP's ticket soon. He has been a textile exporter in Amritsar for the past sixteen years.

Modi gave a big hug to Daljit in front of thousands of people and said "Kohli joining the BJP has doubled our strength. You should know we are not just a party of mere memberships; we are a party that believes in long lasting relationships. We now have blood relations with you".

Modi has been exceptionally harsh on the prime minister in his recent speeches calling him a dummy of the Gandhi family. The prime minister on the other hand has said on Thursday that there is no Modi wave in the country.

Sources in the Prime Minister's Office said the Singh family was surprised at this development. The family said they didn't know his (Daljit's) motivations for joining the BJP while adding that he was free to pursue his own political affiliations.

Speaking to TOI after joining the party, Daljit said he had decided to join the party because he liked Jaitley's vision. "I was very disappointed with the way my brother Dr saab had been sidelined and his policies were being ignored by his party". He was aware that the PM had called Modi a mass murderer but refused to comment on the issue.

He informed that DSGMC president Manjit Singh GK had introduced him to Jaitley five days ago and the second meeting with Jaitley took place on last Wednesday afternoon.

Showering praises on Modi, Daljit added that Modi had the capacity to take all communities and parties together besides he expressed hope that Jaitley would have an important role to play if NDA comes to power.

He said,"My brother Manmohan Singh is an honest man, he served his country with full dedication and honesty but Congress leaders never gave him a free hand and instead interfered in his and his government's functioning". He said his joining the BJP would be for the betterment of Punjab.

Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal added that Kohli had joined the party after seeing the pitiable fate of his brother at the hands of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.

Reacting to the development, Manmohan's other younger brother Surjit Singh Kohli, who also lives in Amritsar, said he was heartbroken by what his sibling had done. "This is very unfortunate. Punjab deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal and revenue minister Bikram Singh Majithia could be behind this move. We had vowed never to leave the Congress".

"Till Thursday morning there was no such inkling from him or his family. All of us brothers have had a cordial relationship for years," he added.

He said this was a very sad movement in his life.

Meanwhile, Manjit Singh GK said, "There couldn't have been a better representative of Sikh community than Daljit as he was an extremely humble man from a religious Sikh family".

Congress sources in Amritsar told TOI that the party leaders were reluctant to comment on the issue without first studying the exact relationship of Daljit Singh to the prime minister and what led him to join the BJP.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only yesterday PM said there is no Modi wave.. & today someone from his own backyard felt that! :lol:

@Indischer wanna bet even MMS want Modi Sarkar???

I give you two examples:

1. Baru book was sent to MMS before it got public, he said nothing, nor even stopped it.

2. Do you think PM din't knew his own brother joining BJP?? wouldn't he had asked him to atleast wait for 20 days?

MMS has now new MEANING..................

MMS = Manmohan For Modi Sarkar :enjoy:

Manmohan Sir, Jatey Jatey tussi cha gye ho Guru......................Congress ka patan hogya hai shuru............................

Link/video/summery plz.

arey yaar upar key posts padho pehley.............

Last edited:
@Indischer wanna bet even MMS want Modi Sarkar???

I give you two examples:

1. Baru book was sent to MMS before it got public, he said nothing, nor even stopped it.

2. Do you think PM din't knew his own brother joining BJP?? wouldn't he had asked him to atleast wait for 20 days?

MMS has now new MEANING..................

MMS = Manmohan For Modi Sarkar :enjoy:

:lol:

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.
2_1358269172_540x540.jpg

because sometimes our prayers are accepted,sometimes not...and i did pray for something GOOD :p: maybe it will be accepted this time or maybe in the next elections who knows :enjoy:

anyway i dont wanna discuss religion etc here...

this man is good looking...you people should elect him as your PM:tongue:

@cheekybird

looks like you got competition :)

--
its responsibility of hindu community to treat dalit as bro/sis and not stick to old bifurcation
We never asked our friends their caste nor did they and im happy with that :)
My mother taught all kids who were in our neighbourhood SC/ST kids Gayatri homam,Namakam Chamakam & devi upasana and other things and people invite these kids to do homa in their homes due to their clarity and pronounciation and chanting perfectly without mistakes as per rites.
I believe Given the right exposure Everyone can be What they want to be.
If you reward a kid with choclate if they recite Hanuman Chalisa correctly or other slokas correct (Rote learning)They will remember all their lives.
Need to educate the next generation about our scriptures and their meaning!
We need non-prejudiced teachers who think "knowledge is gained only by spreading it,Not containing it".
Flowing river is always fresh and always flows into the ocean,While a non flowing pond/lake will stagnate as there is no fresh inflow.We hindus are a flowing river always grasped things which others couldnt.

Last edited:
Take it easy, news traders need some or the other BS to discuss on primetime.

There should be two parallel approaches.

Modi taking care of India as a whole, economy, infra, governanance, administration, etc.

RSS should work for what you've said.

My advice to Modi: Sir, please focus on what people are looking from you. There are very high expectations from you, and you are very much capable to exceed those expectations.
No,Teach the kids about our slokas and our epics,Tell them good things and morals,Then naturally the next generation will be changed.I know RSS does good things but it should adopt and evolve, by including Sloka competitions,Mantra competitions and also to explain the meaning of that mantra or sloka( Like USA has Spelling Bee competition)
We should encourage that with Prize money and fame on TV.That is possible if we have a neutral media! Perhaps a Center of right Media.

We also need a cartoon Channel for kids where MORALS are taught to them as kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom