What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

:cheers:
Modi blogs action plan for Varanasi before filing nomination.

Hours before filing his nomination papers from Varanasi in one of the most keenly watched contests in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the Bharatiya Janata Party's prime ministerial pick Narendra Modi praised the "glorious past" and talked about the "glorious future" of the holy city in a blog.

Modi talked about creating state-of-the-art tourist and infrastructure facilities for Varanasi, commitment to clean the Ganga, address the issues of cleanliness in the temple town and to make the weavers of Varanasi become "our pride at the world level".

"With the blessings of Lord Vishwanath and inspired by the legacy of a glorious past, we set out to create a magnificent future for Varanasi," he wrote.

He also sought the support and blessings of the people of Varanasi.

"Bless me so that I can restore this glorious city to its prime and so that I can bring a sea of change in the lives of people of Varanasi and Poorvanchal so that this region once again becomes the focal point of our nation’s development and our proud culture."

The Gujarat chief minister will fly in to the temple town and attended a string of events, including paying tributes to the BHU founder Madan Mohan Malviya, BR Ambedkar, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Swami Vivekanand.

Before filing his papers, Modi, who is also contesting from Vadodara in his home state, will hold a 2.5-km long roadshow. He would move in an open rath, a Tata 407 vehicle likely, through congested lanes with local BJP leaders helping the police in regulating the crowd, security sources said.

The crowd in Banaras today is massive, this seems more like a victory rally not a nomination rally.
You can understand whats going to happen to candidates against Modi. I hope all AAPtards are watching TVs(including Kejribabu). Lols

Bl87oXOCcAAgrev.jpg:large

State of media in India. Army's perspective.

General V.K. Singh

A Kashmiri Separatist, a MSM News
Reporter and a tough Para-
Commando were captured by
terrorists in Kashmir.
The Chief of the terrorists told them
he'd grant each of them
one last request before they were
beheaded in front of a Camera.
The Kashmiri Separatist said,'Well,
before I die I want to drink a last
cup of Kahwah (Kashmiri Green-Tea)
.'
The Chief nodded to an underling
who left and returned with the
Kahwa. The Kashmiri Separatist
drank it all and said, 'Now I can die
content.'
Now the Chief turned towards the
News-reporter and repeated the
same question - "What is your last
wish before you die?"
The News-reporter said - "I'm a
reporter to the end. I want to take
out my Camcorder and describe the
scene here and what's about to
happen.
Maybe, someday, someone will
watch it and know the Truth.
The Chief directed an aide to hand
over the Camcorder and the
reporter dictated her comments.
She then said, "Now I can die
happy.."
The Chief turned to the Commando
and asked - "And now, Army Dog,
what is your final wish?"
'Punch me hard,' said the Para-
Commando.
"What?" - asked the Chief, surprised
a bit- " You dare to mock us? "
"No, I'm NOT kidding. I want you to
punch me as hard as you can'
insisted the Para-Commando.
"With pleasure" - replied the
Terrorists' Chief, grinning from face
to face.
The Terrorists' Chief then punches
the Commando so hard that he falls
back a couple of feet on his back.
But as the Commando touches the
ground, he rolls over, pulls a 9 mm
Silenced pistol hidden in his boots
and shoots the Chief dead.
In the resulting confusion, he
emptied his Pistol on six terrorists,
then with his knife he slashed the
throat of one, and with an AK-47,
which he took from one of the
already dead terrorists, sprayed the
rest of the terrorists killing the
remainder.
In a flash, all of the Terrorists
including their Chief, were dead.
As the soldier was untying the
Kashmiri Separatist and the
reporter, they asked him - 'Why
didn't you just shoot them all in the
first place? Why did you ask him to
punch him?
'Because' replied the soldier, 'if I
had fired the First Shot, you two
would have reported that I was the
aggressor and the root cause of all
the blood shedding in Kashmir !!'

Unbelievable are the scenes in Varanasi. Watching live.

badi garmi hai,,,,,,have been waiting for more thn an hour to cast my vote:(,,,,,,voter turnout is huge

@jha @JanjaWeed
Constituency Report 01: Mumbai North and Katihar(11am Exitpoll)
Posted : 6:20 am, April 24, 2014 by admin
27spec.jpg

Mumbai North

This is a seat that BJP has lost the last two times mainly due to north-Indian vote consolidation against BJP. In 2009, there was the additional burden of Raj Thackeray for BJP’s Ram Naik. In the last election, despite leading in 3 assembly segments, BJP had lost this seat mainly due to MNS taking away a big section of the traditional saffron vote. Congress had romped home just by taking pole position in Kandivali region.

This time there is a direct fight between Sanjay Nirupam and Gopal Shetty of the BJP here in Mumbai North. We are strategically tracking some swing polling booths to get an idea of how is the fight shaping up. For instance, Malad West assembly segment, in the 2009 election, Sanjay Nirupam had got 5 out of every 10 votes or every alternate in practical terms. What is happening this time? Although it is too early, the first indicators are that BJP’s Gopal Shetty is leading in the swing assembly segments. Interestingly he seems to be doing well even in Congress strongholds, but these are very early trends with just about 150 Data points.

Katihar

This is a seat which BJP had won narrowly in 2009 by defeating NCP stalwart Tariq Anwar who had been an MP from here in the past. While BJP had taken Katihar, Manihari and Barari assembly segments, Tariq Anwar had led in Pranpur, Kadwa and Balrampur assembly segments in 2009. In the end analysis Katihar, Balrampur and Kadwa assembly segments will decide who wins this time around and we are tracking them here at 5Forty3.

This time there were stories doing the rounds in media about how Tariq Anwar is putting a brave fight supported by the entire secular brigade and how BJP’s sitting MP Nikhil Kumar Chaudhary is facing massive anti-incumbency. It is indeed true that Mr Chaudhary has been accused by many voters of being a totally Dilli man after winning 2009 and neglecting his constituents, to that extent he was on a sticky wicket. This is one of the reasons why we are tracking Katihar today, for it will tell us if the Modi wave can really transcend all local drawbacks and still put BJP in pole position. Katihar will also give us an idea as to the extent of the opposition unity in terms of transferable votes.

BJP is easily leading as of now, but there is absolutely no consolidation behind Tariq Anwar as was being reported during the run-up. JDU is giving a fight to NCP for the second place, which should augur well for the BJP. What is interesting is that Yadav votes are almost split between NCP and BJP, so Lalu Prasad is not able to transfer his vote, whereas Paswans among Dalits are overwhelmingly voting for BJP here which is helping the saffron alliance.

Back
Top Bottom