What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

@Bang Galore

what is the situation for BJP in Karnataka?

From what I have heard, the ousted Yeddy government gained a reputation for corruption. :)

The most corrupt government in Karnataka's history. If BJP does well, it will be because of fatigue with the incompetent central government and a strong reservoir of support for Modi (not BJP). Yeddiyurappa is pretty much history & rotten history at that.

It's a tight race between the BJP & the Congress. No great advantage to one side, though a continuous buzz over Modi might alter that slightly.The state government is less than a year old & people haven;t actually forgotten the BJP government's performance. Which is why almost all BJP candidates(including Yeddy) are asking for vote in Modi's name. Ananth Kumar, the 5 time MP from Bangalore South who is in a fight with Nandan Nilekani has not much to offer except Modi. It's actually Modi v/s Congress with the BJP hanging on to Modi's coat tails for dear life.

btw this time there is a strong possibility of both these candidates losing to Bache Gowda of BJP!

That would be a case of lesser known(nationally atleast) scoundrel getting the better of known ones.

Hardly qualifies as legitimate exit polls. There is an EC ban on exit polls, the only ones passing something off (they may well be right) are some small, unknown operators.

The most corrupt government in Karnataka's history. If BJP does well, it will be because of fatigue with the incompetent central government and a strong reservoir of support for Modi (not BJP). Yeddiyurappa is pretty much history & rotten history at that.

It's a tight race between the BJP & the Congress. No great advantage to one side, though a continuous buzz over Modi might alter that slightly.The state government is less than a year old & people haven;t actually forgotten the BJP government's performance. Which is why almost all BJP candidates(including Yeddy) are asking for vote in Modi's name. Ananth Kumar, the 5 time MP from Bangalore South who is in a fight with Nandan Nilekani has not much to offer except Modi. It's actually Modi v/s Congress with the BJP hanging on to Modi's coat tails for dear life.

Yes i think so,But caste wise yeddy's coming back has gained bjp Lingayat votes .

That would be a case of lesser known(nationally atleast) scoundrel getting the better of known ones.

Hardly qualifies as legitimate exit polls. There is an EC ban on exit polls, the only ones passing something off (they may well be right) are some small, unknown operators.

You dont know much ,this account Laissez-faire (FCBtheChamps) on Twitter is 100% correct in leaking CSDS polls(all here know from his past leaks) & 5forty3.in does his own polls from volunteers .

What about Bangalore? All my friends working there are cheering for AAP :cheesy:, does it have any chance?

Yes i think so,But caste wise yeddy's coming back has gained bjp Lingayat votes .

Vastly overstated, they are equally embarassed by him as anyone else. Some support, not overwhelming and he is busy hoping that the "Modi wave" will lift his boat. So much for being this "big" leader.

You dont know much ,this account Laissez-faire (FCBtheChamps) on Twitter is 100% correct in leaking CSDS polls(all here know from his past leaks) & 5forty3.in does his own polls from volunteers .

You may well be correct (I'm not disputing any claim), just that there is a ban & we will see such exit polls being published only after all the polling is concluded. Best to take everything that is "leaked" with a truck load of salt.

Vastly overstated, they are equally embarassed by him as anyone else. Some support, not overwhelming and he is busy hoping that the "Modi wave" will lift his boat. So much for being this "big" leader.

You dont understand politics bhai although they may not like him as much but having a lingayat strongman send signals just like paswan in bihar is not a leader of dalits but by perception its helping bjp to get dalit votes .

You may well be correct (I'm not disputing any claim), just that there is a ban & we will see such exit polls being published only after all the polling is concluded. Best to take everything that is "leaked" with a truck load of salt.

Agree! but Laissez-faire (FCBtheChamps) on Twitter numbers are correct ,dont know of others LEAKS

5forty3.in is not a LEAK , i have and many other paid for it :|

You dont understand politics bhai although they may not like him as much but having a lingayat strongman send signals just like paswan in bihar is not a leader of dalits but by perception its helping bjp to get dalit votes .

I have a fairly decent understanding. He is not the only leader in the Lingayat community and post his leaving the government, he is widely considered a spent force. The results for the KJP(about 10%) last time is not necessarily a true barometer of present situation because that was the first election after he left as CM. He's now seen as a weakened leader and not particularly with any future. As for him being a leader of the lingayats, he wasn't seen as one till Kumaraswamy "betrayed" him. No great support, otherwise it wouldn't have been Congress getting more Lingayat votes last time.

I have a fairly decent understanding. He is not the only leader in the Lingayat community and post his leaving the government, he is widely considered a spent force. The results for the KJP(about 10%) last time is not necessarily a true barometer of present situation because that was the first election after he left as CM. He's now seen as a weakened leader and not particularly with any future. As for him being a leader of the lingayats, he wasn't seen as one till Kumaraswamy "betrayed" him. No great support, otherwise it wouldn't have been Congress getting more Lingayat votes last time.

From CSDS pre poll(2013)
:

Caste is set to play a major role with Vokkaligas overwhelmingly rooting for Kumaraswamy and Lingayats backing Yeddyurappa. Kumaraswamy is also viewed as the best chief minister ever across all age groups while SM Krishna is a close second and Yeddyurappa third.

Sonia Gandhi faked her degree. allegedly she made a false affidavit that she had a diploma from Cambridge University whereas she learnt English from a “teaching shop” called Lennox School (now defunct) in Cambridge town.
I have letter from Cambridge University saying there was not such student ever studied. I went to court about this issue but high court justice said me be generous, be lion hearted; leave the matter. So after that subsequently Sonia dropped those things from her affidavit. But our society unfortunately is not tough enough. Only objection I have on satya’s advt. saying that she passed a high school; she did not even passed a high school. Beyond 5th class she did not studied. In this she shares a common educational background with karunanidhi.
-Dr Subramanian Swamy

1535087_392714740868180_4440338473315841625_n.jpg

10178083_392621187544202_8109621787194382027_n.jpg

Most of the Indian feminist-activists don't know that without 4 male adult witnesses to a rape, there will be no death penalty in sharia law. In case the woman fails to do so, she is charged with adultery and may be hanged or stoned to death.

Samajwadi party seems hell bent on protecting peaceful rapists these days (refer to recent Bombay HC verdict which awarded death sentence to rapists). Now another gem from the party, Abu Azmi, wants a Sharia-like setup in India wherein a woman should be hanged if she is raped. Convenient, isn't it ?

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom